Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-04-2019, 11:17 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Favorite Comfort

When you're having a rough day (week....month?), what is your favorite thing for comfort or de-stress?

The last few weeks have been very rough here. My most recent comfort is peanut M&Ms. LOL! I've also watched several Rom-Coms. I don't usually turn the TV on, but the distraction has been nice.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:33 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry to hear you've had some rough weeks. I think I find comfort in anything distracting....working on a sewing project, knitting while watching movies or binge-watching something, or reading (if the book is engrossing and doesn't hit too close to home on whatever my rough situation is)
Old 03-04-2019, 12:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It depends, sometimes I would say scrapping is what I find relaxing and comforting and other times I would say curling up in my chair with a coffee, afghan (Taz in my lap) and reading a good book (on my iPhone).

I do both often
Old 03-04-2019, 12:23 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Mine is reading. I like to do it in bed with a soft, fluffy blanket and a cold drink. And if I fall asleep doing it, that is even better for this insomniac.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

A nice hot, relaxing bath! I took one yesterday afternoon when we got home from a hockey game on a frozen lake (I was BEYOND frozen!) I didn't turn the lights on, but it was afternoon, so still light enough to see, shut the door (to keep dog/kids out!) and read my book. It was SO amazing to just have that 45 mins to myself & relax (and get warm!)
Old 03-04-2019, 12:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Chocolate and/or hot cocoa. Other than that, curl up in a warm blanket, lay on the couch and do nothing. Sometimes I need to just calm my head and heart and doing nothing helps.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Some delicious tasty food, from time to time my husband and I make some easy food for the kids for dinner. Then later in the evening we'll make some tasty food and binge on netflix. On bad weeks we do it more than once and we usually binge watch our current favourite show every night.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Old 03-04-2019, 01:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Honestly, when I am really struggling with overthinking and stress, TV or a book is best for me because it gets my mind thinking about the show rather than real life for a bit!
Old 03-04-2019, 01:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

ooh bread and romcoms sounds wonderful.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

and >>HUGS<< sorry you're having it rough! Prayers for you and your family!
Old 03-04-2019, 02:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
I'm sorry to hear you've had some rough weeks. I think I find comfort in anything distracting....working on a sewing project, knitting while watching movies or binge-watching something, or reading (if the book is engrossing and doesn't hit too close to home on whatever my rough situation is)
Thanks, Rebecca! Distraction is good... I've definitely been doing that

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Mine is reading. I like to do it in bed with a soft, fluffy blanket and a cold drink. And if I fall asleep doing it, that is even better for this insomniac.
Falling asleep reading is one of my favorites, too! I use the Kindle app on my phone, so it will shut off on its own which is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
A nice hot, relaxing bath! I took one yesterday afternoon when we got home from a hockey game on a frozen lake (I was BEYOND frozen!) I didn't turn the lights on, but it was afternoon, so still light enough to see, shut the door (to keep dog/kids out!) and read my book. It was SO amazing to just have that 45 mins to myself & relax (and get warm!)
I've never been a bath person, but after being out in the cold, I imagine it was amazing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
Chocolate and/or hot cocoa. Other than that, curl up in a warm blanket, lay on the couch and do nothing. Sometimes I need to just calm my head and heart and doing nothing helps.
Anything chocolate is a good thing! I'm glad you can sit and do nothing!! I wish I had that skill!!
Old 03-04-2019, 02:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineF View Post
Some delicious tasty food, from time to time my husband and I make some easy food for the kids for dinner. Then later in the evening we'll make some tasty food and binge on netflix. On bad weeks we do it more than once and we usually binge watch our current favourite show every night.
That sounds wonderful, Christine!! What is your favorite tasty food??

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
Bwahahahahaha!!! Oh.my.goodness! This is perfect, Carrie!! I needed a good laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley View Post
Honestly, when I am really struggling with overthinking and stress, TV or a book is best for me because it gets my mind thinking about the show rather than real life for a bit!
I definitely agree!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegCreations View Post
ooh bread and romcoms sounds wonderful.
and >>HUGS<< sorry you're having it rough! Prayers for you and your family!
Ooooh!! Hot sourdough bread with lots of butter!! Yum! Thanks, Meagan
Old 03-04-2019, 02:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
That sounds wonderful, Christine!! What is your favorite tasty food??
Anything unhealthy
We usually end up making home made pizza, twice baked potatoes or tapas (bacon wrapped dades, onion rings, cured meat, mozzarella sticks, oven roasted mushrooms stuffed with garlic butter, bread and aioli, chicken nuggets and salted ovenrasted teeny potatoes).
Old 03-04-2019, 02:55 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Sorry you're going through a tough time!

Definitely a hot bath! It's one of those rare times when I can be alone and clear my head. Naps are great for clarity as well, I think much more clearly when good sleep is involved. Once in a while, when the opportunity arises, I also like to get out of the house and go to my favorite coffee shop to decompress.

But, if it's comfort and not care that I'm looking for, there will be TV and wine and projects involved. That's the best way to get into the flow and take my mind off things.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When it's nice outside, I love working in the garden. Definitely a stress reliever for me being among all the pretty plants & flowers.
Reading a good book, usually a romance novel also works wonders!
Old 03-04-2019, 03:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

wine.. or a hot cup of coffee depending on the time of day LOL
Old 03-04-2019, 03:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When things are really rough a nap. Then chocolate. I'm sorry you're struggling Tammy. Hugs!
Old 03-04-2019, 03:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm always here for you, Tammy!!

What do I do for comfort?
Maybe playing Plants vs. Zombies because it's something I can do mindlessly and don't have to think about it while playing. But I can only do to that when my husband isn't home because when he is home, the xbox is his. So while he's home, maybe I scrapbook or maybe I just clean. I drive my family nuts when I clean because it's not cleaning, it's deep-cleaning and tedious. Basically anything that I can do mindlessly is my comfort, go-to when I'm in a funk.

I also don't comfort eat so I don't really have a go-to food for me. I do like to comfort drink and that's pepsi, but I've been cutting back my soda consumption these past few months.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I find going for a walk helps clear the head... chocolate helps me feel better too (briefly)! Otherwise, scrapping works, except I can't just go do some scrapping whenever I feel like it - too many 'obstacles' (kids, work, etc) in the way most of the time. So yeah, I revert to the short term fix of chocolate! Or go to bed early because once I'm asleep I can forget everything!
Old 03-04-2019, 04:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ugh - I hope today is a better day!

To destress I usually take a hot shower, bible journal, or scrapbook... with tea by my side.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post

Just sayin'....

Lucas might not ever let you hang out with me. We will just make sure to drink somewhere other than your house.

Last edited by carrie1977; 03-04-2019 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Just sayin'....

Lucas might not ever let you hang out with me. We will just make sure to drink somewhere other than your house.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My favorite distraction is candy crush soda saga, but I gave it up this year, so now Sudoku is my game of choice.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Sorry you're struggling! Depends if I need distraction or to deal with the situation/make decisions. Usually it's the former, so I read (or listen to an audiobook) and eat chocolate or peanut butter. If I need to deal with the situation I'm more likely to seek out possible solutions online or try to get out by myself to think. Unfortunately, I usually can't scrap when I'm stressed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2019, 07:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

Quote:
When you're having a rough day (week....month?), what is your favorite thing for comfort or de-stress?

The last few weeks have been very rough here. My most recent comfort is peanut M&Ms. LOL! I've also watched several Rom-Coms. I don't usually turn the TV on, but the distraction has been nice.
I'm sorry, Tammy.. (((HUGS))) I hope things get better.

I tend to turn to chocolate or sugar filled things when I'm stressed, which is very much counterproductive when I'm also trying to eat healthier. *sigh* I also tend to avoid the things that are stressing me out by spending more time scrapping. Also probably not a great idea, but it does make me feel better!

I wish I was one of those people who turned to exercise when I'm stressed.... because I know it does help.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hope things get better soon, Tammy.

Music, preferably metal, has gotten me through life.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineF View Post
Anything unhealthy
We usually end up making home made pizza, twice baked potatoes or tapas (bacon wrapped dades, onion rings, cured meat, mozzarella sticks, oven roasted mushrooms stuffed with garlic butter, bread and aioli, chicken nuggets and salted ovenrasted teeny potatoes).
Yum... now I'm hungry, Christine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlimarie View Post
Sorry you're going through a tough time!

Definitely a hot bath! It's one of those rare times when I can be alone and clear my head. Naps are great for clarity as well, I think much more clearly when good sleep is involved. Once in a while, when the opportunity arises, I also like to get out of the house and go to my favorite coffee shop to decompress.

But, if it's comfort and not care that I'm looking for, there will be TV and wine and projects involved. That's the best way to get into the flow and take my mind off things.
Thank you so much, Karli-Marie!
LOL! If I start on wine, the projects don't get done, so maybe TV and wine are a better mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BluEyedBabi View Post
When it's nice outside, I love working in the garden. Definitely a stress reliever for me being among all the pretty plants & flowers.
Reading a good book, usually a romance novel also works wonders!
I haven't gardened in ages. I used to really enjoy working in the yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
LOL! I'm a tea drinker and have been having LOTS of it, but I think it's time for wine!! I'll just make sure it's not in your house so Lucas doesn't get bothered

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
When things are really rough a nap. Then chocolate. I'm sorry you're struggling Tammy. Hugs!
Thank you, Cindi I wish I could nap! But since I cant, chocolate is probably a close second!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post

I'm always here for you, Tammy!!

What do I do for comfort?
Maybe playing Plants vs. Zombies because it's something I can do mindlessly and don't have to think about it while playing. But I can only do to that when my husband isn't home because when he is home, the xbox is his. So while he's home, maybe I scrapbook or maybe I just clean. I drive my family nuts when I clean because it's not cleaning, it's deep-cleaning and tedious. Basically anything that I can do mindlessly is my comfort, go-to when I'm in a funk.

I also don't comfort eat so I don't really have a go-to food for me. I do like to comfort drink and that's pepsi, but I've been cutting back my soda consumption these past few months.
I know you are and I can't tell you how much I appreciate that, Wendy!!
I'm SO hopeless with video games. LOL!! The only one I've ever been sort of good at was Centipede (does that age me? LOL!) I start cleaning when I'm stressed, too!! I think it's because sometimes it feels like the only thing I can control!
Good for you cutting down on your soda consumption!!
Old 03-05-2019, 01:22 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I find going for a walk helps clear the head... chocolate helps me feel better too (briefly)! Otherwise, scrapping works, except I can't just go do some scrapping whenever I feel like it - too many 'obstacles' (kids, work, etc) in the way most of the time. So yeah, I revert to the short term fix of chocolate! Or go to bed early because once I'm asleep I can forget everything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
Thank you, Kim
Going for a walk is such a great idea...and I have such a hard time doing it. It's like the last thing I think of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Ugh - I hope today is a better day!

To destress I usually take a hot shower, bible journal, or scrapbook... with tea by my side.
Thank you so much, Reba
All great suggestions!!

Quote:

Just sayin'....

Hahaha!! Maybe we'll have to take Kristin out for her wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
My favorite distraction is candy crush soda saga, but I gave it up this year, so now Sudoku is my game of choice.
Do you play Sudoku on your phone, or "manually"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Sorry you're struggling! Depends if I need distraction or to deal with the situation/make decisions. Usually it's the former, so I read (or listen to an audiobook) and eat chocolate or peanut butter. If I need to deal with the situation I'm more likely to seek out possible solutions online or try to get out by myself to think. Unfortunately, I usually can't scrap when I'm stressed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thank you, Rachel!
That's a good distinction between needing a distraction, or needing to calm & focus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigaud View Post
I'm sorry, Tammy.. (((HUGS))) I hope things get better.

I tend to turn to chocolate or sugar filled things when I'm stressed, which is very much counterproductive when I'm also trying to eat healthier. *sigh* I also tend to avoid the things that are stressing me out by spending more time scrapping. Also probably not a great idea, but it does make me feel better!

I wish I was one of those people who turned to exercise when I'm stressed.... because I know it does help.
Thank you so much, Lori!
Right?!! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I hope things get better soon, Tammy.

Music, preferably metal, has gotten me through life.
Thank you, Lynn!
That's my husband's solution!!
Old 03-05-2019, 10:40 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I hope today is so much better than yesterday for you, Tammy! HUGS HUGS!

When I need comfort, I'd love a relaxing bath, but we don't have a bath tub in our bathroom... so it'd be either nap or watching some K-dramas for me.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:56 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Definitely drinking tea (from a teapot, not a cup; there's something theraputic about the art of pouring tea). Or unplugging from screens completely and reading a physical book.

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 03-06-2019, 11:09 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
I hope today is so much better than yesterday for you, Tammy! HUGS HUGS!

When I need comfort, I'd love a relaxing bath, but we don't have a bath tub in our bathroom... so it'd be either nap or watching some K-dramas for me.
Thank you, Sherly I'm kind of taking things one day at a time right now.

I've had so many friends talk about K-Dramas... it's making me very curious!
Old 03-06-2019, 11:11 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurian View Post
Definitely drinking tea (from a teapot, not a cup; there's something theraputic about the art of pouring tea). Or unplugging from screens completely and reading a physical book.
Hot tea is definitely comforting! It really is interesting how a physical book is so different from an ibook! I mostly read on my phone, but I love thumbing the corners as I read a "real" book
Old 03-06-2019, 01:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Unfortunately it's sweets. I had a rough year 2018 with hubby's health, his grandma's death, us moving, etc. and put on the pounds I had recently lost in 2017.

I also kind of go FULL on introvert and just want to watch movies/TV and listen to music and scrap.

Old 03-06-2019, 01:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
LOL Carrie, but I’m definitely into the idea
Old 03-06-2019, 01:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I destress by scrapping, reading or sketching and seek alone space.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
Unfortunately it's sweets. I had a rough year 2018 with hubby's health, his grandma's death, us moving, etc. and put on the pounds I had recently lost in 2017.

I also kind of go FULL on introvert and just want to watch movies/TV and listen to music and scrap.

I totally understand, Kiana! I'm right there with you
Some days are just too peopley outside and I don't want to go out there!
Old 03-06-2019, 11:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasspace View Post
LOL Carrie, but I’m definitely into the idea
Right, Ella?! I think we need to have a big wine (whine??!) party!!!
Old 03-07-2019, 07:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I totally understand, Kiana! I'm right there with you
Some days are just too peopley outside and I don't want to go out there!

Old 03-07-2019, 08:03 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

oooh peanut M&M's! or peanut butter M&M's!!
After a stressful day I like to just sit on the couch and watch something on Netflix or Prime. While eating something sweet. Depends on what I have on hand.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
This is perfect!! ...as I sit here opening & closing the door for my cat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
oooh peanut M&M's! or peanut butter M&M's!!
After a stressful day I like to just sit on the couch and watch something on Netflix or Prime. While eating something sweet. Depends on what I have on hand.
I haven't had peanut butter M&Ms in ages! That sounds delicious!!
Old 03-08-2019, 09:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If I've had a particularly rough time job hunting wise which happens every three months or so when I've been rejected for a whole string of jobs in a short period (I think the record was 5 rejections straight off the bat with no interviews in two days at one point) and I start questioning what I've done "wrong" etc, after a good cry with family who 100% support me, my pure escape where no one can find me for a couple hours is lunch out and a movie (I might see two or three a year max so its a real treat) - now I know I could go out with my best friend but she doesn't totally understand so I find just pure escapism for a bit is best.

If its just a blah day for no particular reason - unhealthy snacks, youtube or a reality tv series and naps usually get me through

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 03-09-2019, 02:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiwi View Post
If I've had a particularly rough time job hunting wise which happens every three months or so when I've been rejected for a whole string of jobs in a short period (I think the record was 5 rejections straight off the bat with no interviews in two days at one point) and I start questioning what I've done "wrong" etc, after a good cry with family who 100% support me, my pure escape where no one can find me for a couple hours is lunch out and a movie (I might see two or three a year max so its a real treat) - now I know I could go out with my best friend but she doesn't totally understand so I find just pure escapism for a bit is best.

If its just a blah day for no particular reason - unhealthy snacks, youtube or a reality tv series and naps usually get me through
I'm sorry you've had such a hard time with job hunting, Jennifer! What field are you looking in? I really hope you're able to find something you love really soon!!
Old 03-11-2019, 02:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'm sorry you've had such a hard time with job hunting, Jennifer! What field are you looking in? I really hope you're able to find something you love really soon!!
I have a degree in disability studies but I’d say probably 75% of the jobs are home and personal care support worker positions which I don’t want to do and to be honest can’t really manage so it’s tough, then there’s the general competition side of applying for jobs - it’s hard only have volunteer experience when your competitors have 10+ years experience in the field

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 03-11-2019, 07:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiwi View Post
I have a degree in disability studies but I’d say probably 75% of the jobs are home and personal care support worker positions which I don’t want to do and to be honest can’t really manage so it’s tough, then there’s the general competition side of applying for jobs - it’s hard only have volunteer experience when your competitors have 10+ years experience in the field
That sounds challenging.
I really hope you find a position that you love!!
Old 03-13-2019, 03:15 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I only work night shifts and since Rich retired he does most of the dad stuff with Sarah.. school pickups, homework, dinners, etc. I usually get up around time she gets home from school and help out with stuff. Sometimes though I stay extra long in bed and just play on my phone and ignore the commotion going on in the rest of the house... just have some "me" time. It's a guilty pleasure.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
I only work night shifts and since Rich retired he does most of the dad stuff with Sarah.. school pickups, homework, dinners, etc. I usually get up around time she gets home from school and help out with stuff. Sometimes though I stay extra long in bed and just play on my phone and ignore the commotion going on in the rest of the house... just have some "me" time. It's a guilty pleasure.
I have done some of that over the last several weeks!