Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-01-2008, 01:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny
Default #&$*%@!!!!!!!

Seriously, this family has been sick ALL MONTH LONG and I'm at my wits end!

It started with me having a raging 48-hour cold at the first of the month. Then the boys started with the runny nose/coughing stuff. Then Jeff started getting sick on our trip to Florida mid-month and got progressively worse until he started antibiotics last week. Connor got pink eye and an ear/sinus infection last weekend and is still on amoxil for it.
And then Friday night, after working my TAIL off all day long on my messy house, i come down with what can only be described as the 11th plague on Egypt. From my neck up, I simply want to die. My throat is sore, my glands are SO swollen an sore, my nose/sinuses are congested and painful, and my head is throbbing. I have been flat.on.my.back since friday night, huddling under the covers and praying for death.

And the worst part of it all? I absolutely have to go in to work tomorrow, otherwise I don't get my holiday pay!

I'm seriously in the pissiest mood EVER!!! I CAN'T be sick!! I'M TOO DAMN BUSY TO BE SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

creating for
* 9th & Bloom * Jennifer Barrette Designs * Polly & Rufus Designs *

Old 12-01-2008, 01:10 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

oh Jenny sweetie (((HUGS))) I know what you mean! our last month was the same and you always get sick when you are stressed or to busy.... !! I hope you feel better soon, take care of yourself sweetie!

Old 12-01-2008, 01:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

it never is fun when sickness goes round and round again and again in a house! Hope you feel better soon! You would think us Moms who are exposed to it all the time would build an immunity before it gets to US!
Old 12-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh, that sucks...I'm sorry, girl!!

Trev and the kids have been sick ALL month too...it's starting to make me crazy. I've had a cough that wouldn't go away (but didn't hurt and I didn't have a sore throat or anything) for several weeks. The kids and DH all had eye infections (all different kinds - none were pink eye), colds, flus...

I'm hoping that we're done with them for a while. PLEASE, I beg...I want this cold/flu/icky season to be over already!
Old 12-01-2008, 01:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

ya, your whole families sickness stuff is starting to cut into my social life and frankly i'm starting to really lose my cool.

k, really...i love you friend!! and i'm pissed that your sick too. this is nonsense...you are too busy to be sick. does your body even know that we have a 'shindig' on the 15th!?!?! a shindig for pete sake...pass it on. crap!!!

GET BETTER before i round house kick your sinuses and sore throat into oblivion.

HUGS...but not too close with that crap you have.

loves you.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

*huggs* I am right there with you. It's been one continuous cold after the other here for the last 3 months.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to suze

Oh I know how you feel... the only reason I'm up at 345 in the morning is because I was up coughing figured I would get outta bed so the hubby could sleep.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy View Post
ya, your whole families sickness stuff is starting to cut into my social life and frankly i'm starting to really lose my cool.

k, really...i love you friend!! and i'm pissed that your sick too. this is nonsense...you are too busy to be sick. does your body even know that we have a 'shindig' on the 15th!?!?! a shindig for pete sake...pass it on. crap!!!

GET BETTER before i round house kick your sinuses and sore throat into oblivion.

HUGS...but not too close with that crap you have.

loves you.
Its so funny, Liz. But I was thinking the SAME THING last night! I was thinking, "Damn this sick crap! I haven't hung out with Liz hardly at all this month!" Connor came down the stairs yesterday after his nap and the first thing he asked was, "mama, I go my Wiz's house now?". Poor sugar. He misses his Wiz so much!!

If this crap isn't on it way out by tomorrow, I'm taking you up on your roundhouse offer. Cuz nothing else seems to be working.

creating for

Old 12-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Awww, hugs Jenny! I'm sorry you are sick. Feel better soon!

Old 12-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Hugs Jenny!! We've got it all here too... from pneumonia to everything else. Hope you start feeling better soon!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilcameronsmommy View Post
Its so funny, Liz. But I was thinking the SAME THING last night! I was thinking, "Damn this sick crap! I haven't hung out with Liz hardly at all this month!" Connor came down the stairs yesterday after his nap and the first thing he asked was, "mama, I go my Wiz's house now?". Poor sugar. He misses his Wiz so much!!

If this crap isn't on it way out by tomorrow, I'm taking you up on your roundhouse offer. Cuz nothing else seems to be working.
awww!!! i miss con too!! poor little fella...he just loves his wiz house. soon you will be better and for the love of all that is holy it better be SOON!! how are you today, btw? any better at all?
Old 12-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy View Post
awww!!! i miss con too!! poor little fella...he just loves his wiz house. soon you will be better and for the love of all that is holy it better be SOON!! how are you today, btw? any better at all?
Yes, I'm a bit better. I don't know if its real, or just the DayQuil talking, but I'm feeling ok. I'm still very congested, but my throat isn't nearly as sore and my glands aren't as swollen, it seems.

Things are looking up!

creating for

Old 12-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilcameronsmommy View Post
Yes, I'm a bit better. I don't know if its real, or just the DayQuil talking, but I'm feeling ok. I'm still very congested, but my throat isn't nearly as sore and my glands aren't as swollen, it seems.

Things are looking up!
that's great news!!! are you taking any kind of vit c? you need to.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

Awww HUGS Jenny!!! I hate being sick.

Have you tried putting your family on a regimen of Airborne (I buy the generic at Walgreens)? I swear by that stuff. Plus, take in lots of Vitamin C, drinks lots of warm green tea and rest as much as possible. I hope you get better soon!!!

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett