Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-16-2014, 09:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Scents for the home...

Okay, this is a weird question I know, but I'm wondering what does everyone use to make their home smell awesome? I want my new place to have that awesome scent that some homes have when you first walk in. I've never been able to achieve that

So please tell me, what do you do/use to keep your home smelling nice? Any products you love?
Old 05-16-2014, 09:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not very original I just have those glade thingies that spray when you walk by, with the Hawaiian Breeze scent in them. I have them all over the house, and I also have a warmer with the same scent in it. In the winter I change to an apple pie/apple cinnamon scent. And that's it. -Except I buy the same scent candles now and then for the bathroom.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I diffuse my essential oils.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have pretty neutral but light smelling candles and diffusers in most rooms. Orange in the bathrooms, lavendar in our bedroom, vanilla in the common rooms.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:08 AM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

I regularly simmer cinnamon on the stove top.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:17 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I use my Scentsy thingy in the kitchen and it pretty much covers the whole house. I buy the cheap Better Homes wax from WalMart. I think right now I have Clean Sheets burning. I also have a pineapple scent and a pomegranate scent.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren grier View Post
I regularly simmer cinnamon on the stove top.
I do this often actually and add an orange or apple sliced up. It just doesn't seem to last very long and I loathe the electricity it uses to do it all the time - I'm tight with a buck! LOL
Old 05-16-2014, 10:40 AM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I use a tart warmer from Yankee Candle like this one and melt their tarts in it. I normally change the tart out every 2-3 days and only melt it for about 4 hours or so in the evening. I always wait for a great sale and then stock up on the tarts.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for all the ideas! I'll be checking them out
Old 05-16-2014, 12:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I grew up in a family that hated scents. But my son loves scents. He likes incense and scented candles. I need to look into an essential oil diffuser (prefer that to artificial scents). My favorite though is cooking. Love fresh cookies or bread in the oven!
Old 05-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a Scentsy girl. I always have a warmer going.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Another Scentsy fan here. Just running a my medium warmer in the living room for an hour is enough to make the house smell amazing ALL DAY. I have little plug-in ones in each bathroom that we turn on occasionally, but they don't scent the whole house. My favorite scent is My Dear Watson... just ran out of that, so now I'm burning Honey Pear Cider. I also like Shades of Green and Route 66.

Old 05-16-2014, 02:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I use scentsy warmers too but prefer the gold canyon scents intstead of the scentsy ones
Old 05-16-2014, 05:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Scentsy here too. Honey Pear Cider is a favorite, as is Cinnamon Clove.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Another Scentsy fan here! I have them all over my house. Right now Im warming Polynesian Dreams and Sunny & Share. I used to sell Scentsy but stopped when I started back to school last summer. I will be a devoted fan for life though!
Old 05-16-2014, 06:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Our house is almost 6 years old but still smells like new construction. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing. I can't smell it on a day to day basis but if we leave for the week and then come home I can smell it. We either A. have termites or B. my husband is constantly running his saw in the garage and adding crown molding or trim work, etc to the house. People are always commenting on it and I hope it's not a bad smell. Better than smelling old I guess.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I know a couple people who sell Scentsy... might have to check out those warmers
Old 05-16-2014, 06:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm an odd ball... I love the smell of Murphy Oil Soup after I wipe down the wood work... I've gotten away from candles and other scents because couldn't have burning candles or wax when J was little... and then DH is very sensitive to scents and trigger his asthma. I wish I could use those cute warmers!
Old 05-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have Scentsy.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had no idea how popular scentsy is! I don't use anything. As in - even my laundry detergent is scent free (and I don't use fabric softener). The only scented stuff we use regularly is some Mrs. Meyers spray - it's lavender but the smell only lasts a few minutes after using it. Most artificial scents bother my allergies so I aim for a house that smells, well, like nothing at all, if that makes sense. Just neutral and clean. Or freshly baked cookies but that scent can get fattening, haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2014, 12:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclelady View Post
I had no idea how popular scentsy is! I don't use anything. As in - even my laundry detergent is scent free (and I don't use fabric softener). The only scented stuff we use regularly is some Mrs. Meyers spray - it's lavender but the smell only lasts a few minutes after using it. Most artificial scents bother my allergies so I aim for a house that smells, well, like nothing at all, if that makes sense. Just neutral and clean. Or freshly baked cookies but that scent can get fattening, haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is me too, although I'm not even sure I could handle the lavender scent - we use the lemon right now. I used to have some of the Yankee Candle tarts/warmer but I sold it all at our last garage sale since I couldn't handle the smell.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Orange or apple with cinnamon, simmered on the stove smell great! I do use candles from time to time but I don't like the air pollution involved with a lot of candles and artificial perfumes.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:42 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I diffuse essential oils. It's natural and often has other properties (some are calming, some help focus, etc...) that I like.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:44 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

we are very much scentsy here and have too many perfumes, that make a lot of scent (;-))
we have a room spray by aqua di parma called colonia. it's really not cheap but it lasts long (we had the first one for 2 years) and has an awesome summery feel. we also have the perfume colonia assoluta, which is just wow.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:45 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

oh, and it's made up of natural oils. we love the scents that are natural. there are quite a lot of them out there. but not in the supermarket ;-)
Old 05-19-2014, 10:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

These days no one is home long enough to use anything that keeps the house smelling fresh. Back when my youngest was in preschool his speech therapist came to the house twice a week and she never failed to comment on how great our house smelled. I had a couple of candles I kept burning. Now I tend to use a wax warmer (the kind you use with a tea light candle) when we are going to be home for a while. I have to stick with very light scents as my family has severe allergies. We love the Glade vanilla wax melts.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to use Wallflowers from Bath and Body Works but then I started reading how they were related to fire danger so I unplugged them all. Near the litter boxes I have a clean scented gel thing that absorbs odors. I keep a mint and eucalyptus scented candle in our living room and burn it after I've had a stressful day because I find the scent relaxing. That's about it.

I just bought a "new car smell" clip on scent for the car, though, and I'm loving it. Our Equinox is only 2 years old but it tends to smell a bit on the funky side. I almost always have something in there. Before this one it was a peppermint scented clip on from B&BW.