Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2009, 01:51 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default what was your first...

digital camera that is? :-) When did you get your first? Do you still have it? For me I bought a Kodak DC3200 for like 125 dollars. There was not a whole lot of choice back when I got mine. I think that was in 2000 or 2001? It was a lonnnnggg time ago. I still have it and it still works. Doesnt take the best photos though as it only has 2x zoom and its a 1 or 1.2 megapixel. I got another Kodak after that then a Samsung and now I have a Canon Powershot S5iS. Its a nice camera but I really wanted a Canon XSi!!

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 01-05-2009, 02:39 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

In the summer of 2003 I got an Olympus Camedia 560D. It was 3 MP. It broke in October 2004, the week of my oldest son's first birthday. Then I traded up to a 4MP Olympus Camedia 580D through Olympus's trade in program. (At that point memory cards were still expensive, so when I had to replace the camera unexpectedly I needed to stick with a camera that used xD cards and there weren't too many options.) Last year I upgraded to an 8MP Canon PowerShot A720. The flash just broke, so the camera goes in for repairs tomorrow, a week after our 3rd child's birth. My cameras have had some timing. Luckily I still have the 2nd Olympus and won't be camera-less.

Last edited by rach3975; 01-05-2009 at 02:44 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:43 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

that sucks!! I had my 2nd Kodak get drenched by a glass of milk the day my sister, me and my neice were going to Universal Studios. (dont leave a glass of milk on your desk if you have a cat in the house LOL) Luckily it still worked but the screen was messed up and it the lens cover thing would not open when you turned it on so I had to open that manually but it still works today and that is how I got the Samsung was because I had a accidental breakage warranty on the Kodak. They never asked for the Kodak back LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
In the summer of 2003 I got an Olympus Camedia 560D. It was 3 MP. It broke in October 2004, the week of my oldest son's first birthday. Then I traded up to a 4MP Olympus Camedia 580D through Olympus's trade in program. (At that point memory cards were still expensive, so when I had to replace the camera unexpectedly I needed to stick with a camera that used xD cards and there weren't too many options.) Last year I upgraded to an 8MP Canon PowerShot A720. The flash just broke, so the camera goes in for repairs tomorrow, less than a week after our 3rd child's birth. Luckily I still have the 2nd Olympus and won't be camera-less.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We bought our 1st digital camera used from a friend in Feb. 2004. It was about a year old... Cannon Power Shot. It still works, the girls use it. lol
Old 01-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

The first digital camera I had was a gift from my husband Christmas of 2002, it was a Fujifilm. It was very basic, no zoom, and was like 1mp. I had it for about a year and then I dropped it. It wouldn't work after that so I sent it for repairs and it was going to cost almost $100 so I decided to just put that money towards a new camera. Once the camera got back here I banged it on the counter a few times and was able to get it working again. ROFL We gave it to a friend so they could take pictures of stuff for ebay. I had two more point and shoot camera's, both were Cannons and then about 2 1/2 years ago I bought my Cannon Rebel XT and I LOOOVE it. I would really like to upgrade but that won't be happening for a while yet. LOL
Old 01-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

If it's the first one I have ever used, it's my dad's Fujifilm Finepix back in 2003. Small little thing, very basic but it fulfill our needs so we love that camera. But I remembered arguing with my sisters who gets to use the camera. LOL!

If it's the first camera that I purchase (and use of course), it's Nikon D40X. Bought it last year after a trip to a camera store at a shopping mall with the intention of just looking around to compare prices, etc..

Proudly Creating for:
Melissa Bennett // Krystal Hartley // MandaBean // Jenn Barrette

Last edited by syapotter; 01-05-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We bought our first digital camera in the Spring of 03...it was a little Olympus something or another...I still have it, it takes OK pictures...but I never reach for it anymore, we quickly upgraded to a Fuji PnS and I have had three of them since then, I'm getting ready to take my 1st plunge to DSLR in the next day or so...I'm excited.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I bet!! I wanted to get one last year but I was not sure if I was ready for one and was worried it would be so difficult to learn that I would not use it as often as I did my old pns so I bought a Canon S5iS which is really nice and has alot of advanced features but now I am really longing for an SLR. I think I might ask for one of those for christmas next year or for my birthday in 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaCola3 View Post
We bought our first digital camera in the Spring of 03...it was a little Olympus something or another...I still have it, it takes OK pictures...but I never reach for it anymore, we quickly upgraded to a Fuji PnS and I have had three of them since then, I'm getting ready to take my 1st plunge to DSLR in the next day or so...I'm excited.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to juliemarie

It was a Nikon something in early 2001. I had 2 more digital cameras before going to a DSLR in 2007.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:47 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica31876 View Post
I bet!! I wanted to get one last year but I was not sure if I was ready for one and was worried it would be so difficult to learn that I would not use it as often as I did my old pns so I bought a Canon S5iS which is really nice and has alot of advanced features but now I am really longing for an SLR. I think I might ask for one of those for christmas next year or for my birthday in 2010.
LOL-I feel your pain...we just bought our latest Fuji Finepix last spring and was over 300 dollars...I was this close to buying a Nikon D80 but chickened out in the last seconds...now I'm ready...I just know it.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

DH had to have a digital back in 2002. I remember thinking how expensive it was. I don't even know what brand it was. It had like a 2X zoom and was all of 3 megapixels! It broke after a year but I managed to fix it a few times.Then he got a Fujifilm FinePix S3000 for almost $500 in 2003. It is still going strong. But he insisted on getting me my own camera for Christmas last year so we didn't have to share. (he is a brat) I got a Canon A560. It is a lovely point an shoot. Takes the prettiest pictures. My daughter broke the battery door. So in August, DH bought me a Nikon P80. It is soooooooooo nice. And I sent my Canon back for repair. Now we have 3 digitals. I think it is insane.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We bought our first camera when our son Wesley was a few months old, it wasnt great and was only maybe 3 mp I don't even remeber the brand LOL. Then we got a kodak which I hated and my canon s3is afterwards. We got my digital rebel last February and I couldnt be happier now lol! Next for me will be a 5d.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't remember the exact model, but it was a Kodak Easyshare. It was 1mp!! I got it for Christmas either in 2000 or 2001 and I remember it was really HEAVY for a P&S. I had that for about 3-4 years and then I got an Olympus P&S right before I had my DD in 2004. Right after she turned 1, I got my Canon Digital Rebel XT in 2005. It was my first DSLR and I loooved it! And now I have a Canon 40D which I just got this Christmas.

Last edited by Sari; 01-05-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My first digital camera is the one I have now ... Canon Rebel XTi. I wouldn't buy a digital camera until the quality improved. Film looked real ... digital looked fake to me. Until the Rebels came out, then I changed my mind.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine was a Kodak Easyshare in the summer of 2002. I think it was pretty close to $200, very low megapixels and no zoom. I hated it.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

My boyfriend at the time bought me a really expensive (at the time) point and shoot in the summer of 2005 as a college graduation present. I used that for forever, and when Jordan lost it on my birthday one year I didn't even look around, I replaced it with another one. It's a Nikon Coolpix S1. I upgraded to my D80 in May. In a few years I hope to upgrade to a D300 or a D2 or something amazing like that.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Ours was a Kodak, I don't remember the model of it, but it was a 2.0 Mpix.....we got it shortly after digital camera's just started to become popular....2000, I think. I do remember that we paid about $1000.....I cringe just thinking what I could buy with that now LOL!
Old 01-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We bought our first digital camera on May 13, 2005 (I only know this because I have a few pics saved on my camera from the day we got it, lol), and it was a Fuji E500. I think it cost us around $200... I can't remember for sure though. I have a better camera now, but I still like my first one for its small size so I tuck it into my diaper bag quite often.

Huge fan of:

Old 01-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My first was a huge HP, I thought it was great back then (2002 I think) Actually, now that I think of it my dad gave me one in 1998 - but you had to hold really really still because the shutter was so slow. Our next one was a Canon Sureshot then the Rebel. I lent my small Canon to my step-sis and they dropped it, now the pictures are almost always blury so I'm going to get a new P&S with our tax refund.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

a Sony Cybershot. took pretty good pics and video clips!
Old 01-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My ex bought a Kodak DC3200 for us to use when JP was a year old, so December 2000. I used that camera until I left him the following September.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My first digital camera was an Olympus Camedia D380 (I think that was the model, it was only 2MP) that I got for Easter 2003. I used it til I got my Canon S2 IS in February 2006 and then I finally got my Canon XTi in August 2007! I still use both of the Canon's, I mostly use my dSLR though. I mostly use the S2 IS to take short videos of the kids since it's easy to load them onto the computer.

Then I gave the Olympus to my SIL cause she didn't have a camera at all. She had it for 2-3 months and then we had a birthday party for Kaylie & my niece at a friend's cheerleading studio and she left it there by accident and when she went back to find it, it was already missing along with all the photos she took of the party! There was a class of teenage girls that came in right after the party was over so we're sure one of them took it but no one would fess up to it to our friend (the owner). I was taking photos too with my camera but since she was taking pictures of Audrey I was mostly taking pictures of Kaylie so I didn't have many to give her
Old 01-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I got a Kodak EasyShare 3.1 megapixel one...can't remember what it was called exactly now. I think I got it in 2004 - I know it was after Natalie was born. We kept it for about a year and a half and then gave it to Trev's parents - then we borrowed it for a party and lost it (with ALL the pics from the weekend on it...sucked bad).

When we gave it to them, though, I had just upgraded to a Canon PowerShot S3IS. I love my camera!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

HP (Hewlett Packer) Photosmart 215, it was sweet at the time but now that I have owned several cameras since then it really was a piece of crap!!! We got it back in April of 2002 just before our second DD was born and I have no idea what it cost since my inlaws bought it for us as a gift!!! It still works but it's really now just a play toy for the boys!!!!

Our next camera we bought in June of 2004 when we found out we were expecting again and it was an HP Photosmart 43x series, it was a lot nicer then our first camera and when I learned to take pictures on the highest setting I got some really nice ones!!! I think we paid about $150 for that one!!! It also still works and we let our girls use it now when we go placed!! A lot of my beach pictures that I scrapped this past summer were from that camera!!!

After that camera I went to Canon!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 01-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

we had a Kodak DC5000 in 2002 - took okay pictures but man was it a honker of a camera to carrry around - bulky and heavy (I think it was about $400)...BUT it took much better pictures than our 2nd one- and Olympus that I have hated since first click - blurry most of the time.

I just got a Canon PowerShot for Christmas and I love it so far
Old 01-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've had a Canon Powershot about 7 years ago and then a Canon Ixus as well as my dslr Canon D440 alongside each other for the past couple of years.

My Mam and Dad just bought me a new Canon Ixus 85IS for Christmas. I've been using it for my P365 photographs and it takes awesome photographs with very little effort and it is so teeny tiny it fits in my jeans pocket and can go everywhere
Old 01-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I had a Sony Cybershot 1.3 MP...it was like $600 way back in 2000/2001...my parents helped me buy it so I would have a camera for school...I taught for 9 years before retiring!! My boys play with it now!! LOL

We then bought a Canon Powershot A630 8MP...about $400 at the time a few years ago.

Then DH bought me a Nikon D40x 10MP almost 2 years ago. Sold that and now have a brand spankin' new Nikon D90 12MP.

Last edited by kim21673; 01-05-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Our first one we bought in Feb of 06... It's a Kodak Easy Share 5 megapixel... We paid somewhere around 400-450 for it... Still works like a charm, but we just upgraded... Or should I say "I" just upgraded! to a Sony CyberShot 13.6 megapixel.. I LOVE IT! I wanted a big huge fancy Nikon or Cannon, but this one had more megapixels then most of them so we went for it. It was 320 I think... I couldn't imagine going back to my little 5 megapixel camera.... Although that was my life for almost 3 years!

Mommy to two baby girls

Hayden Louise - 3.14.08
and
Leah Noelle -10.27.10
Old 01-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't remember...it was a Kodak Easyshare with 3.2MP or something like that and we got it for Christmas '03. Then I switched to the Kodak CX7525 in Feb. '06, then I got a Canon Rebel in March of last year, and now I just bought a Canon SD770IS. The first one I sold to my brother and SIL, the other 3 we still use. CX7525 is my daughters now, the DSLR is obviously mine LOL and the new one is for my purse.