Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Sweet Shoppe Challenges > Challenge Archives

Old 10-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

OCTOBER TOTAL POINTS: 11

Reserving my space - my first month here:

#9 - Paper strips along edge(s) - 2 pts.

#15 - White with a pop of color - 1 pt.

#21 - Fall colors mixed with a pop of turquoise creates a more modern looking fall color palette. Use the photo above as color inspiration and create a layout that includes at least four of the colors featured above. – 1 pt.
NR: "Wildlife of the Guadalup River", Posted 10/9/12, kit: "100% You Bundle" by Meghan Mullens - 1 pt

#32 - Use papers or elements in a creative way on your layout to draw the reader's eye to the most important part of the page. 2 pts.
NR: "Untitled by Kenneth Matsumoto", Posted 10/7/12, kit: "Starting Anew" by Jady Day Studios - 1 pt.

#33 - Only ONE of each of these elements: photo, paper, one word title, flower, and ribbon. - 2 pts.
NR: "Pennie" Posted 10/7/12, kit: "100% You Bundle" by Meghan Mullens - 1 pt.

Total Points: 11

Last edited by Pups_r_Paps; 10-13-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Challenge Points: 7
NR Points: 3
Total Points: 10

#9 Use strips of patterned papers 2 points + NR

2 points

#14 Stripes & polka dots 1 point

#15 Whit with pops of color 1 point + NR

#21 Fall colors mixed with terquois 1 point +NR

Last edited by Laura_A; 10-31-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 2 pts

23. Journal Challenge: be inspired by this website, Not Always Related , which allows readers to contribute funny little stories about their families and friends. Create a layout that is mostly journaling that features a funny story about your family or friends. 1 pt + 1 NR Bonus pt = 2 pts (Pink Magic by Misty Cato -- released 10/6, LO uploaded 10/6)

NR Bonus Points (max 5): 1 pt
Hybrid Bonus Points (max 5): 0 pts
Total Points: 2 pts

Last edited by isaacsmom; 10-07-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

my spot
Old 10-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

This month, I'm in :-)
Old 10-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

TOTAL POINTS: 4
NR Points: 1

#6 - Spooky fonts (1pt + 1pt NR for Kristin's All Hallows Eve released 10/6, posted 10/5)

#12 - What lies ahead + quote on page (2pts)

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 10-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

my spot

2 - Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday and Chasing Fireflies is my favorite place to look for costumes each year. Create a layout documenting this year's search for the perfect costumes for you, your little ones or even a friend! - 2 pts.

5 - I'm feelin' hot for hybrid this month, and I just adore these darling and easy to make photo holders made from common binder clips. Make 1 or several, it's up to you. - 1 point per clip up to 5 points

6 - Use one of these spooky fonts (they are all free!) to create a frightfully fabulous LO. - 1pt.

9 - Here is a fun way to use lots of patterned paper! Be inspired by this quilt to use lots of skinny paper strips along the edge(s) of your page. - 2 pts.

10 - I am SO inspired by this photo -- are you? Create a LO that uses 1) a shape, 2) the outline of that shape and 3) the same shape somehow stamped on your page! Have fun! - 2 pts. + 1 NR = 3 Points

12 - Create a layout about some of the things you are hoping lay ahead of you. - 1 pt.; 2 pts. if you use the quote on your layout. - 2 Point + 1 NR = 3 Points

15 - Oh how I love these mugs! The all-white with a huge pop of color just makes my heart happy. Create a layout inspired by these colors -- lots of white with big bursts of color! - 1 pt.

18 - Check out this blog post on how to create a scrapbook layout inspired by an infographic--and try your hand at it! - 2 pts.

19 - Use one of these Dr. Seuss quotes as a journaling prompt or a message on a layout (or three!). - 1pt. per layout (maximum of three)

21. Fall colors mixed with a pop of turquoise creates a more modern looking fall color palette. Use the photo above as color inspiration and create a layout that includes at least four of the colors featured above. – 1 pt.

28. Make your fall bucket list! Be inspired by this list, take action, and record your adventures! Scrap a page about 1, or up to 3 items from the list. -1 pt. each

33. One is a magic number! Design a page using only ONE of each of these elements: photo, paper, one word title, flower, and ribbon. Anything else you add to your page is up to you! - 2 pts.

Blog Cookie Bonus Challenge - 1 Point

Bonus Challenge 2 - Your task for this challenge is to take one of those kits and create a non-themed layout - 1 Point

TOTAL: 30 points

Last edited by mkcdaisy; 11-01-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

my spot! For realz doing it this month!!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Mine!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine spot

19 - Use one of these Dr. Seuss quotes as a journaling prompt or a message on a layout (or three!). - 1p and 1p new releasse wish you where here by studio basic posted on 9 oct

Last edited by jumbbumble; 10-09-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

#38. Give the photo on your page an extra punch and use word strips on it. 1pt.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:24 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

October totaly points: 5

New Releases: 2/5

9 - Here is a fun way to use lots of patterned paper! Be inspired by this quilt to use lots of skinny paper strips along the edge(s) of your page. - 2 pts. + 1NR (On the bright side by KCB & Erica Zane)

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...=happy&cat=500

25. Sweetest Day is October 20th this year – create a layout about something in your life that you think is pretty darn sweet. - 1 pt + 1 NR (I love my sister by Meghan Mullens & Melissa Bennett)

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...sister&cat=500

Last edited by *Cornelia*; 10-26-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total: 32 pts
NR pts: 5 pts (already counted in total above)

3 - This stylized ruler "growth chart" is such an awesome idea to make a common family tradition even more special! Create a layout documenting a ritual or tradition that is meaningful to your family. - 2 pts

#5 - I'm feelin' hot for hybrid this month, and I just adore these darling and easy to make photo holders made from common binder clips. Make 1 or several, it's up to you. - 1 point per clip up to 5 points - 5 pts.

#7 - I love this perspective! Take a photo from above - looking down at your subject - and scrap it! - 1 pt

#8 - I love a lot of different things about this living room, but especially the way the base is pretty neutral (shade of blues) and there is a big POP of color. Take inspiration from this to create a LO using the same idea. - 1 pt

#10 - I am SO inspired by this photo -- are you? Create a LO that uses 1) a shape, 2) the outline of that shape and 3) the same shape somehow stamped on your page! Have fun! - 2 pts.

#15 - Oh how I love these mugs! The all-white with a huge pop of color just makes my heart happy. Create a layout inspired by these colors -- lots of white with big bursts of color! - 1 pt

#18 - Check out this blog post on how to create a scrapbook layout inspired by an infographic--and try your hand at it! - 2 pts

#19: Use one of these Dr. Seuss quotes as a journaling prompt or a message on a layout (or three!). - 1pt. per layout (maximum of three) + 1 pt NR
NR: Count Your Blessings Album by Darcy Baldwin; released 10/27; uploaded 10/26
Prompt: Today was fun

#21. Fall colors mixed with a pop of turquoise creates a more modern looking fall color palette. Use the photo above as color inspiration and create a layout that includes at least four of the colors featured above. – 1 pt + 1 pt NR
NR: Count Your Blessings by Meghan Mullens; released 10/27; LO created 10/27

#25. Sweetest Day is October 20th this year – create a layout about something in your life that you think is pretty darn sweet. - 1 pt

#26. Seasons Change... Use this photo board as inspiration for the current season you are in. It can be the season and weather around you, or even the season of life you are in. Get creative! Use block design and multiple photos. - 2 pts + 1 pt NR
NR: A Mom's Work is Never Done by Kristin Cronin-Barrow & Jenn Barrette; released 10/27; uploaded 10/27

#27. Tops list. I love to remember the best, or top things happening in our lives. Create a layout with at least 10 Top things right now. - 1 pt

#28. Make your fall bucket list! Be inspired by this list, take action, and record your adventures! - 1 pt + 1 pt NR
NR: All Hallow's Eve by Kristin Cronin-Barrow, released 10/06; uploaded 10/05
Prompt #29: Look for signs of fall

#30. I recently traveled to another country. It was an amazing experience, and made me so grateful for the things I have. For this challenge, scrap about a place that has changed you... whether it be a plane ride away, or right in your own backyard. Include all of the details! - 2 pts + 1 pt NR

NR: Template Half Pack 65 by Cindy, released 10/27; uploaded 10/26

#32. It's time to find your focus. Use papers or elements in a creative way on your layout to draw the reader's eye to the most important part of the page. - 2 pts

#40. For some, rain is peaceful. Where do you find peace? Journal about your peaceful place. - 2 pts

Last edited by suladesign; 10-30-2012 at 11:50 PM.