Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2015, 04:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Fun Weekend Plans?

Anybody got any?!

This is DH's weekend to work (he has to work EOW), so the kids and I will just be hanging around. We do have a McDonald's playdate after church with one of Miss Monkey's friends. We have now hit all three playplaces in town!
Old 10-02-2015, 04:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's Saturday here already. My 11 yr old has gone off to play paintball all day with the youth from church. The 8 yr old I think just wants a jammie day. The weather isn't the best, and hubby is still recovering from shoulder surgery, so I don't think we'll be doing much. I love lazy weekends.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love lazy weekends, too, Jacinda.

We don't have anything planned this weekend which works for me because the rest of the month is go, go, go....

Old 10-02-2015, 04:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

we are doing fall cleaning in our house.. if you don't see me emerge at the beginning of the week.. send help. the following weekend is thanksgiving in canada so we'll be travelling to go see darcy's mom.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Our weekend...or really, Saturday, is insane. We have 2 soccer games (9 & 11 am) but we also have team pictures (8:25 & 10:15 am). And they're playing in 50ish degrees with rain...eek. DH is also testing for the Foreign Service Officer (I can't really remember what it's called) & that's at 12. AND the girls & I will be making the 2 hour drive to Northern Utah to visit my grandpa at his 90th birthday party. We'll stay for a few hours then make that same 2 hr drive home.

This weekend is also my church's General Conference. They have 5 2-hr broadcasts Saturday-Sunday. We call it Pajama Sunday. We won't be able to listen to much Saturday but i'm really hoping I can plop down on the couch Sunday and not move. I'd love to listen & finished editing a photo session. I NEED a slow/lazy Sunday. NEED.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Saturday is a mommy/son day with Kaden. Might go to soccer and then maybe the zoo or place called Goldfield Ghost Town here in AZ, it's supposed to be beautiful weather so I want to get him away from the screens and do something.

Sunday the SO and I will be just hanging out watching the Cardinals play and eat some food lol pretty simple weekend but I like em that way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2015, 05:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

This evening we had a "pizza and movie night!. Tomorrow we're goint to town for some shopping and to catch a movie. We'll probably see Inside out. Sunday will be a "home all day cleaning and doing laundry" day.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We have a long weekend this weekend (Labour Day), and its set to be a scorcher which is unusual for this time of year. I was meant to be taking the kids to the dentist this afternoon but the dentist cancelled so I'm not sure what we'll be doing today instead. Tomorrow my son has a birthday party to go to... nothing else planned. We might camp in the backyard one night to try out the new tent I bought the other week.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Might go see the movie The Martian tomorrow. Tonight's showing was pretty much sold out at the theater we wanted. Will run errands tonight.

Sunday is football party with extended family. We are having turkey. Anyone have a suggestion for a side/appetizer I could bring?
Old 10-02-2015, 07:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap2day View Post
Might go see the movie The Martian tomorrow. Tonight's showing was pretty much sold out at the theater we wanted. Will run errands tonight.

Sunday is football party with extended family. We are having turkey. Anyone have a suggestion for a side/appetizer I could bring?

Do you need a fancy side or any ol' side? I have a few I like: "Texas caviar" and a super easy fruit dish I can share. They're both easy to make!

Old 10-02-2015, 10:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Our Sept. is always insane thanks to work, with the end of the fiscal year for DH and the start of the school year for me. For the last 5 or so weeks he's had to go into the office every Saturday and I've spent most Sundays doing school stuff. We plan to spend this weekend appreciating that it's now Oct. and things are calming down!

We're on the East Coast, so we've already been told that some of the kids' activities are cancelled due to rain. Tomorrow we'll do some errands and things we've been putting off due to busy-ness, plus I'll try to get ahead on lesson planning. Depending on the weather, we may go out to dinner tomorrow. Sunday is going to be a lazy day at home, and I can't wait! I want to scrap!

Last edited by rach3975; 10-02-2015 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We're headed to our place on the lake early tomorrow morning to spend the weekend leaf peeping and getting it ready for the winter season. Hope to get some gorgeous pics!
Old 10-02-2015, 11:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Taking my kiddos to New Mexico for the Hot Air Balloon Festival. So excited (about everything except the 3:30 am wake up call)!
Old 10-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have to go to a funeral this afternoon.

Tomorrow we plan on being lazy. There might be some football watching for my husband and some scrapping for me!
Old 10-03-2015, 12:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I took my daughter to see The Martian! I've been waiting for this movie for months!! Now to clean the house and grocery shop! Yuck!
Old 10-03-2015, 12:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't wait to see the Martian! Today I'm running errands and cleaning house and later will do some wedding editing and take Taz out to the park for a bit. Tonight were going to marathon watch the izombie series. Tomorrow is going to be a lazy day, hanging around the house.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by britaneejean View Post
Do you need a fancy side or any ol' side? I have a few I like: "Texas caviar" and a super easy fruit dish I can share. They're both easy to make!

Definitely NOT fancy. An easy fruit dish sounds interesting.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Today is so icky outside so hanging out at home! Tomorrow is church day. Hubby is signing and then there is a pitch in afterwards. That's about it. I'm hoping for at least one nap. We party it up over here.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Nothing eventful here, not feeling 100% but its not bad enough to go the Dr yet as its not yet at treat with antibiotics - I'm pretty sure I only have a cyst not an abscess

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020X using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 10-04-2015, 09:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Spent Friday/Saturday in Milwaukee for my birthday - on Friday we explored the third ward - which is a trendy spot of town... and then at night with to Oktoberfest in the next town over - which was a blast! Saturday we did shopping at places we can't up here - Apple Store, Lego, Trader Joes... and then came back home...

Today, is church and then my dad comes to watch the Packer game with kiddo... I'll have to clean house before he comes and finish my bible study homework before class tonight.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My week-end was so busy, I didn't even have time to pop in here for a minute to check things out. It was 4H Provincial Show week-end, This is where all 17 counties of the province compete against each other. It's the largest 4H Show in all of Canada (over 2400 members) so it's a pretty big deal. My two oldest boys were there to compete, they did really well... Xavier ended up with a 2nd place ribbon on his Computers Video, 1st Place on his photography album, and 1st Place in Photography Judging. He was also there for the Photography competition and placed 6th. Robbie placed 4th with his cake in Cake Decorating. Our County placed 5th Overall which is amazing.... we are a small group but a group of hard workers.

Other than that this was also our "family vacation" if you can call it that. It's the first time we've been able to get out of town as a family in a really long time. We spent some time visiting with Friends, went exploring and Visited a couple lighthouses, and went to the Giant Pumpkin Farm to look around... took the kids to their favorite restaurant and it was all over.

Now trying to get back into normal routine is a bit tough, but I'm picking away at it. LOL