Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Hair Help Please

Okay, so I have a hairdresser appointment Thursday and here's the deal: my hair is really dry and frizzy and it falls out so much since I've lost weight. I just don't know what to do. I really need help in this department right now.

1. What products should I use for dry, frizzy and falling hair?
2. What hair cut would suit me - of course it would have to be rather short.
3. What colour would suit me? I always indulge in hair colouring for Xmas.

Here is a recent pic. You can see how frizzy and poofy it is, even though I use Got2B Kinky Curling mousse and spray, which used to give me really nice curls and eliminated the frizz.

TIA!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

I have the frizzy, wavey hair too. I used to have straight as a string hair and loved it, I miss it and want it back. The only thing I find for myself that makes it not frizzy and keeps it straight. Is my flat iron. Though using styling equipment just makes your hair more dry and brittle...So I don't know if that is something you want to do either. It's the only way I can stand my own hair though. I am looking forward to seeing what you choose Stephanie!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:18 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

i've got wavy hair as well.. and i swear, all my hacking and layering of my hair somehow helped.. It's almost never frizzy anymore - i don't use any special products.. (really, I use like the 89cent shampoo), i don't do anything mean to it anymore (no blow drying, no straigtheners), i just wash, towel, brush, woosh. Done. ^_^ It use to be SO SO bad and puffy.. the only thing that's changed is my layering (i do it myself, and am really bad at explaining it.. but i do my layeres the same way that they feather bangs- that angled cut)
Old 11-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I have VERY thick and VERY curly hair. I took a picture into my stylist and she copied it which is very hard to do with my hair. I think anything with layers, will make it look full and will calm it down, use a good heat protectant product, I use straight sexy hair, make sure you use a ceramic ionic hair dryer and a ceramic flat iron, these really help keep your hair from frizzing are much better than convential stuff you by. I use all that when do it straight. If you want to stick with something to keep the curls/wavy and not frizzy, use curly sexy hair products I think I have the curling cream, it's in a blue tube, then just blow it dry It's taken me a long to time to figure out how to make my hair look decent. I really didn't like to try new things with it, b/c of how curly it was. Hope this helps
Old 11-22-2011, 07:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here are two styles that I picked up on Google. I've had my hair layered, and it was awesome. Both of these styles have layers. And I like the red hair colour, I already had that colour, so I might do it again. The bangs kinda scare me in the second pic.

ETA: don't look at my avie pic, because my face changed since, it was 6 month ago. It's not really round anymore, more oval.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

Both of those cuts are CUTE! If you're struggling with wavy/curly hair, though, the BEST thing to do is get a high quality product designed for curly hair. I swear by Deva Curl products. I don't know where you could find them in Canada but I searched amazon.ca for them and they're on there. They're spendy but it's SO worth it to look good! My hair is naturally curly (has gotten curlier and curlier as I've gotten older/had my hysterectomy) and is curlier when it's short, but the Deva Curl products make my hair look SO MUCH better than when I don't use it!