Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Recommendations for late pregnancy

My stepdaughter is 3 weeks from delivering and is going stir crazy. She is home all day, trying to save every penny, and spends far too much time making drama for herself. She's cleaned the apartment, organized closets, baby stuff is ready and waiting. She needs more things to do to keep her mind off being hot, uncomfortable, and just ready for this pregnancy to end. I gave her reading, cooking dinner to freeze, write a letter to baby, go for walks, and I'm done.

Suggestions? Thanks for your help!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

does she scrapbook? she could start prepping pages for after baby comes. making a list of people to send announcements to, making freezer meals, watching lots of movies and working on projects that are time consuming-quitling, sewing, etc.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh I envy her energy! I'm 5 days out from my due date with#3 and would love to have nothing to do! But my 2 and 4 year olds keep me plenty occupied.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

With my first I worked up until my due date, which kept me distracted. The week I spent at home (overdue) I pretty much constantly ate & napped three times a day.

I would say if she's home going stir crazy to start journaling. Tell her it would be a fun gift to give the baby someday when he/she is older. A journal of their last 3 weeks in utero.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't relate directly, but I have helped friends in the past make meals ahead of time and they've all said it was a blessing once baby arrived. I hope she finds something to occupy her mind.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:03 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
With my first I worked up until my due date, which kept me distracted. The week I spent at home (overdue) I pretty much constantly ate & napped three times a day.
This was me with my first too. I work right up until my due date and then spent 9 days walking the mall and eating ice cream at home. It was pitiful.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Now is a great time to get caught up on books, movies, hang out with friends, walk outside (if she's allowed), scrapbook, read, sew... With my first we had just bought a house and I was stripping wallpaper and packing boxes until I had her via c-section 3 weeks early.

With my second we were moving again and I spent my time working and getting ready to move.

Honestly I remember after having my kids it was hard to do anything just for me or visit with friends. So now would be a good time to pamper herself, catch up with family and friends and enjoy her last few weeks being alone in the bathroom.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I actually wish I could have just hung out with my first. I stopped work two weeks early because I wasn't going back. She was two weeks late so I had four whole weeks of no work. My mom came over EVERY day to make sure I wasn't alone. We scrubbed the house, washed everything, organized closets and drawers. I slept GOOD when she left each day. I can laugh about it now! But I sure wasn't bored!
Old 09-12-2013, 11:08 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I think the make ahead meals, books, and movies are great ideas!

Old 09-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

I don't know I pretty much was just whiny my last 6 weeks with every pregnancy but of course after I had more than 1 child the other kids kept me busy. Still didn't stop me from whining about the pain and uncomfortableness though. LOL I think all the suggestions above are fab!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I currently have 8 weeks and 3 days to go before I'm due. I would most definitely do the pre made meals. I wish I had enough freezer space or I would definitely do that. I told my cousin I was telling everyone, that no one can come over unless they bring food lol! Pack a bag for the hospital but, make sure you have things for either delivery. For instance I ended up with a C-section and everything I had landed right on my staples. I would suggest a pedicure before the baby. Kind of trivial but, a back/foot massage is totally priceless this late in pregnancy!

She needs gas drops and baby tylenol if she doesn't have them. Take a pacifier, feminine products, socks/slippers/flips flops (I can't stand my feet touching unknown floors) to the hospital. Those are just a few things I can remember using.

If she hasn't call around and see who checks car seats. Usually a local fire department does for free. I'm not technically bored with a four year old that drives me batty but, I was trying to remember what I did while pregnant with him.

Check every baby toy/ swing/ bouncer etc and find out what batteries are needed and get them.