Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default just when I didnt think it could get any worse

I had my first appt with my new dr today. My blood pressure was slightly elevated. (around 135/98). I actually did not see the dr though. Just a nurse practitioner. She told me she could do everything the dr does but prescribe narcotics. OK so thats fine this was just to get everythibng switched over and take a medical history...or so I thought. She checked my medications and said she is upping the dosage on my BP medication and she was not going to renew my migraine medication. She said until my blood pressure is under control I should not be taking any migraine medication. I get anywhere from 1 to 3 migraines a month some months and then some months I wont have any. So that should not be a big deal except I have only one migraine pill left and no refills. So I asked her what I was supposed to do if I have a migraine but have no medication because she wont write me a prescription for it she said she does not know but she cannot be liable for knowingly writing a prescription for something which increases my blood pressure when I have high blood pressure. I asked her about dealing with the pain in my neck also and she said they would have to refer me to a pain management place because they dont deal with that kind of thing. Ive been referred already but because it is from a car accident and my car insurance is maxed out medicaid wont touch it until the lawsuit is resolved and none of the dr's will take a letter of protection from our lawyer because it is in litigation right now (meaning a lawsuit has already been filed). So basically what they tell me is to either deal with the pain or figure out a way to pay out of pocket for this. My hsuband has not worked in 18 months so we are barely making it by as it is. We cannot afford an extra couple hundred dollars for me to go see another dr. So I guess like before seeing this dr Ill just live with it. I can tell you this though when this lawsuit is over even if they got me a million dollars (which is defenitely not what they are suing for. I think the lawyer sued for 30,000 dollars) I would give it all back to not have to live the way I have been for the last 18 months.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 06-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

so sorry
Old 06-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

so sorry.....I will be sending you no migraine fairy dust until you can get a refill
Old 06-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

Man that really sucks. I have only had 1 migraine in my life and it's no fun at all. I hope you don't get one while waiting for the HB meds to take their effect.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Did it ever occur to her that maybe your BP was elevated because you were upset/nervous/etc about all this doctor crap you've been going through lately? It's not like your BP was HORRIBLY elevated. Last time I was at the doc mine was higher than yours and they said nothing....I was also knowingly going in for my back procedure.

Wish there was something I could suggest, but it doesnt make any sense to me that you should have to live with this. Even in litigation, you should be able to get some relief without spending big bux out of your pocket.

Kristen
Old 06-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

So sorry to hear this, sweetie...
Try to relax to avoid having another migraine (which causes by stress).
Will be keeping you in my prayers and thought. *hugs*
Old 06-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I dont know. I have a notebook full of phone numbers I have called or my husband has called trying to find someone who would see me. They either say its been to long since my accident (which was 11/23/08) or they say we have to pay cash up front. We find one who accepts medicaid but then they find out it was from a car accident and they say as long as it is still in litigation they cannot see me because the car insurnace should be covering it. The primary care dr's dont even want to talk to you about the pain because of the fact that it comes from a car accident which is still in litigation.

Today happens to be a good day pain wise. Some days I am in bed most of the day because it is the only way I dont hurt (most of my pain is in my neck/shoulders/upper back).

My last dr told me to take advil/tylenol.

I call my lawyer they give me numbers to call and I get the same answers from them that I get from the dr's I contact on my own. It just gets so frustrating when all I want is to get to a point where I can make the pain TOLERABLE. When this all started I wanted it to go away. Ive given up on ever being pain free again. Now I just want it to be where I can live with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbbeale View Post
Did it ever occur to her that maybe your BP was elevated because you were upset/nervous/etc about all this doctor crap you've been going through lately? It's not like your BP was HORRIBLY elevated. Last time I was at the doc mine was higher than yours and they said nothing....I was also knowingly going in for my back procedure.

Wish there was something I could suggest, but it doesnt make any sense to me that you should have to live with this. Even in litigation, you should be able to get some relief without spending big bux out of your pocket.

Kristen

Old 06-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to coopert

So sorry you have to live with so much pain. I have suffered from migraines for 20 years and usually 2-4 times a month. When I am not able to take my usual migraine meds, while nursing, Excedrin migrain sems to work for me. Maybe give it atry if you haven't.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Just to clarify Im not really upset about the nurse not wanting to prescribe the migraine meds. I get why she did not want to. It can be dangerous for someone with dangerously high blood pressure(not sure mine really classified as dangerously high but whatever). Hopefully I wont get a migraine until I can get it under control and get a refill. What this is all about is that I am just tired of being in pain and feeling like nobody (in the medical profession that is) really cares or listens to what I am saying. If they could walk a mile in my shoes they may understand this is not easy. Most of all I just want my life back. When I could go out with my husband and kids early in hte morning hiking and swimming and going to the local theme parks and not get back until late afternoon or evening hours and we would be sore and tired but not in pain. The thing the nurse kept saying over and over today is you are ONLY 34 you should not have blood pressure this high. You should not be in this much pain. You should not feel so bad. Like I dont know this? I know I cannot blame everything on the car accident but a good deal of it especially most if not all the pain is from the accident. It has felt this way since the day the guy hit us. Almost instantly after the accident it hurt to move my head/neck. Yet nobody/nothing that has been done since then has really helped.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

When you go in with Medicaid or whatever, do you HAVE to tell them that this is from an accident that is currently in litigation? Im not for being dishonest, but seriously, anything to get some pain relief.

I've cried a river of tears over this same subject and I'm still not 100%. I'm tolerable right now, but still hurt - you could at the very least be given some stronger pain meds and try injections....

Would leaving out the truth help?

Kristen
Old 06-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have tried that. They always ask though how I got herniated disks...or when it started and they ask to see the MRI report and what I have tried to relieve the pain. It always comes out it was from an accident. Then when they find out it was from an accident they ask if it is still active etc. It is really frustrating. Some of the dr's seem to be as frustrated as I am with the situation

Old 06-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So sorry sweetie...;(

I can't imagine living in pain all the time. I also get migraines, several a month, to the point where I just can't imagine going ANYWHERE without my migraine medication.

I was going to say, about the migraines...perhaps you should go see a new doctor JUST FOR THE MIGRAINES. Don't omit any info, but they'll take your BP as a regular part of the visit. Leave out everything to do with the car accident, and I'll be you can get a prescription back. Honestly, I've had them last for days even WITH my medication, so I just can't imagine suffering through them without medication.

i'm so sorry...

beckie_scraps on IG!