Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-23-2019, 01:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Question Project Life 2020

What are everybody's plan for Project Life 2020? Any designers coming out with new templates? I'm trying to decide what to do. Can anybody comment on Traveler's Notebook and how that would compare?
Old 10-30-2019, 10:27 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not sure what my plans are. I would really like to do PL again this year because it's such a great way to capture all those "everyday" memories that you tend to forget otherwise. But, at least for me, it's SO time consuming. So, if I do decide to move forward with it, I have to figure out a way to simplify my process so it doesn't take me hours to do each week's LO.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:59 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't know. I've been doing it for ten years now, and it seems silly to stop now, but I'm kind of getting bored with the same old, same old thing. I have my system down, and it works well, but I want a new format or mindset or focus, I guess. Two months to figure it out!

Old 10-30-2019, 11:45 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I haven't done PL since 2014 & I miss it.

I've "false started" a couple years but never gotten anywhere with it since then. Over the past year, I've found myself only taking event/occasion photos vs. daily/PL photos, and I want to change that. Daily photos & moments & stories are always my preferred thing(s) to scrap. It's a combination of laziness + having to focus/work on some internal things for the last couple of years.

I'll turn 40 in January so it seems like a good year to really thoroughly majorly capture.

I'm debating taking a turn from Traci Reed and going to rectangle. She does 9x12 but Shutterfly prints 8x11 books so we'll see if I'm willing to commit to such a huge change after scrapping square the last 10+ years. I've got 2 months to decide, right?!
Old 10-30-2019, 12:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
I don't know. I've been doing it for ten years now, and it seems silly to stop now, but I'm kind of getting bored with the same old, same old thing. I have my system down, and it works well, but I want a new format or mindset or focus, I guess. Two months to figure it out!
This is me. Which is why I'm looking for inspiration. And my oldest 2 are turning 16 and their activities are dwindling so I have less exciting photos. How many times can I take a picture of them looking at their phone while sitting on their beanbag? But I think the whole family would be sad if I stopped PL now.

A few years back I did a monthly spread instead of weekly. Maybe that is the solution for me again?

That is why I was curious about the traveler's notebook concept.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've go so many years started but haven't finished... *sigh* I always think, some day... and I do work on them once in awhile on the weekends... but I will start again in 2020.

Yes, I would love a different look... I've done pocket style for a number of years... this year I'm doing 4 page spread - first two pages are a photo of the day with a little journaling and the other double spread are just photos of the week. I love it - but I'm concerned where I'm going to find a printer to print it all in one book...:/ Did not think that through...
Old 10-30-2019, 08:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Scrapping Simply will do 105 lay flat pages for me but I think 209 would be really hard to bind...
Old 10-30-2019, 09:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I want to do it this year. I have only ever finished ONE year...and have a few *almost done* years. I REALLY want to do it again and hoping I can get into a rhythm and can finish.

I have TONS of scrapping supplies cluttering my craft room and would like to use it...or it's getting donated.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:25 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I did PL for 3 years and after those 3 years i got tired of it... Not having the feeling to do it again soon, Even i love to see those pages i'm still tired to start myself lol..
Old 11-02-2019, 05:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've started falling behind more than I should have to finish a whole year, but I'm determined to finish 2019 and also continue on with 2020. Need to simplify somehow though so I'll be able to keep up.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

The kids were looking through my old PL albums the other day, and there were SO MANY DETAILED MEMORIES that I think I'm going to go back to it. So many stories I would have forgotten; I regret not keeping it up this year so much.

I've done physical PL and digital PL, monthly and weekly. I'd love it if someone came up with a new spin on it, but I don't know what that would be.
Old 11-02-2019, 11:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've always done it monthly rather than weekly, and I now take way less photos than I used to so that makes it easier!

I've simplified a bit each year the past couple of years and this year I went complete minimalist - white backgrounds, white pockets/photo cards, same text (x2 - one for headings, one for journalling) all the way through (plus I never journal much anyway), no elements whatsoever - just the odd pocket card which is also very minimalist (sometimes just a white card with a sticker or stamp on it (like Willemijne's stamps)) - that's it. Takes 1-2 hours max. per month... and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HOW THEY LOOK!!
Old 11-02-2019, 11:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
I've always done it monthly rather than weekly, and I now take way less photos than I used to so that makes it easier!

I've simplified a bit each year the past couple of years and this year I went complete minimalist - white backgrounds, white pockets/photo cards, same text (x2 - one for headings, one for journalling) all the way through (plus I never journal much anyway), no elements whatsoever - just the odd pocket card which is also very minimalist (sometimes just a white card with a sticker or stamp on it (like Willemijne's stamps)) - that's it. Takes 1-2 hours max. per month... and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HOW THEY LOOK!!
SHOW US!!
Old 11-03-2019, 12:31 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Here are a couple of pages (one for Oct, one from Sept). I usually do 3-4 pages for a month... only thing not SSD is some of the photo cards/templates (or inspiration for them - I made/adapted some myself).

Old 11-03-2019, 03:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I keep wanting to do this and 2020 would be a good year since my oldest is graduating and I might not have her around to take daily pictures of by the end of 2020. I'm not sure though. I am so far behind in my scrapping and adding one more project doesn't clear my list, you know?
Old 11-03-2019, 04:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am not so set on the PL but I definitely want to take more pictures in 2020 - being an empty nester and grandkids getting older I just feel that I don't take as many photos and I know there are things I want to take photos and forget.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
Here are a couple of pages (one for Oct, one from Sept). I usually do 3-4 pages for a month... only thing not SSD is some of the photo cards/templates (or inspiration for them - I made/adapted some myself).

These pages look amazing! This is what I wanted to go for this year, but it got a little less minimalist than planned.