Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Birthday Guest Book - need ideas

Okay - so I'm turning 40 this week.

The only thing making this better is that my husband and my mom are throwing me a huge Margaritaville themed party on Saturday. I'm so excited to see all my friends and family! I want to create some kind of guest book that I can put photos in from the photobooth we are setting up.

I'm looking for ideas. I was thinking perhaps a We R Memory Keepers album (from Target) that has two 4 x 6's over each other. I could put out cards for people to write on in the room where we have the photobooth set up. I don't have someone dedicated to take pictures. I figured people could take pictures for each other. So I guess I"d have a sign in a frame and then put a basket out for people to put their completed cards in???

I can then match up the photobook pictures and candids taken during the party with the personalized cards.
http://www.target.com/OpenZoomLayer?...niImageCount=1

My 13 year old thinks this is too complicated and too hard to get people to do the right thing. So I'm looking for an alternative idea so I can have a combined guest/comment book and photo album.

I know you ladies are awesome at this so what would you do????

PS - I am going to share the photos on a Shutterfly site I made for the party. So guests will be able to print their pics.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

First - you do not look like you would be turning 40! Geez, can you bottle whatever you are doing and send to me?

Second - I'd put the 13 year old in charge of getting this done... haha! She can go around making sure people fill out the cards and then takes a photo.

I wanted something cool for my wedding like this... but I knew my family would be lost on doing anything... so ended up having just a frame for them to sign and even then only 1/2 the people did that.

I'll give some thought...

ETA - another thought... if possible, I would let people know in advanced that they have to come up with something nice to say for the photo album... that will stop some of the excuses of, "I don't know what to say, I'll do it later..." and then they never do...

Last edited by MamaBee; 01-28-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:38 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

the idea with the cards is great! i did that on a wedding for my brother. just be sure that you announce that thing! get your kid to take the cards when they are filled and to make sure that everyone took a photo. you also have to announce that your kid is doing that, so that people know about it.
later i scanned the cards and put them on a page together with the photos. sweet and easy. nothing too complicated.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:52 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have my 13 YO and her friend in charge of watching the 12 other kids coming to the party and keeping them entertained. She's very good at this. I will have to see if I have someone else that can help with this. Perhaps my very outspoken and fun sister-in-law. She is one of those people that everyone loves.

Rebecca - It's so kind of you to say that I don't look 40!!! That totally made my day!!!