Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-28-2018, 07:14 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Bittersweet Day

Today is a day of excitement, pride and sadness.

My son's great uncle (his dad's uncle) passed away Tuesday. He was one of my favourites, a big man with a smile to match and first to welcome me into the family. When my former mother in law passed away, he saw me looking a little lost as my son was with his dad and the girlfriend so he had me ride with him and another relative making a comment about being the 'outlaws' with that big smile. Today I go to say goodbye.

It is also graduation night at the high school I work in. Watching some of 'my boys' cross that stage is going to make me tear up. For some we have pushed, pulled, and dragged to make it but here we are. I am so proud of them, I will flash back to the little grade nines they were as I now look upon young men with the world at their feet.

An emotional day for sure
Old 06-28-2018, 08:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry to hear that, Jo. Just because you aren't a part of that family doesn't mean your feelings about him change. Sending you so much love today. I'm sure your son must love him, too, so I'm sending him some as well.

Hope everything goes well at the graduation tonight. It's such an emotional time watching all these young adults about to make their mark on the world.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:06 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Hugs!!
I am so sorry for your loss, Jo. I can picture him as a very lovely and kind man, from reading your description.
Tomorrow is my son's graduation from kindergarten, so I sort of get how you feel... How is it that he's going to be an elementary student in a few months?!
Old 06-28-2018, 11:09 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so very sorry for your loss. It sounds like he was a special guy.
Graduations bring about so many mixed feelings. You should be so proud of the work you've done to get these kids to this point!
Old 06-28-2018, 11:14 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My condolences. It is so hard when we lose those special people who always seem to know what to say or do to make use feel comfortable.

Congratulations on the wonderful work you did with your boys. It is bittersweet to see kids grow up and go off, but knowing you helped prepare them is a comfort.

Hugs for your emotional day.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What a special man to notice you on a difficult day and include you as part of his family. I'm sorry for your loss.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

my ex's extended family still make me feel like a part of the family when I see them (I live in a different town) and I am always welcomed with open arms. I got to say my goodbye and let him know he was my favourite .

Graduation was wonderful, my boys looking all dapper and one even earned honours . I say boys as the job I do I work mainly with boys. Got my hugs and promises that they will see me around and come back to visit. Graduation is always a happy and sad night for me. I have four years invested in these kids, having seen them at their best and their worst. I feel so lucky to be able to invest the time with them and watch them grow.