Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-03-2021, 10:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Scrapbooking Confessions....

I have to confess ... I use a kit twice and a template once ... AND THEN I DELETE THEM! Also .... I use too many flowers

Do you have any scrapbooking confessions?
Old 09-03-2021, 11:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have too many kits that I haven't used. Sometimes I'll buy something I know I won't use just because it's cute or pretty.
Old 09-03-2021, 11:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I have too many kits that I haven't used. Sometimes I'll buy something I know I won't use just because it's cute or pretty.
lol I have done that, too. Lately though I try to only buy what I need ... we will see how that goes
Old 09-03-2021, 11:45 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I often 'Frankenstein' supplies to match my needs- swap/combine letters to make a certain word or title, puppet warp leaves/strings, Cut up word strips etc. That's the best part of digiscrapping to me!
Old 09-03-2021, 11:57 AM
Banned

profile gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
I use too many flowers
Is this a thing?

I delete really old products whenever I see them. I keep finding them on my EHD like ghosts from 2007. Girl, bye.
Old 09-03-2021, 12:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have the opposite problem. I have a hard time deleting kits or templates. It doesn't matter if I am going to use it or not...it is mine and I must keep it. I even have a folder of kits that need to be deleted that I know I won't use but can't bring myself to delete just yet.
I have almost 900 products (kits, packs etc) on my EHD...this doesn't include templates. I can drop that number maybe to 800 or so if I take my personal kits out (the ones I designed in my designing days) but still I have too many and will probably buy more this weekend. LOL
Old 09-03-2021, 12:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I often 'Frankenstein' supplies to match my needs- swap/combine letters to make a certain word or title, puppet warp leaves/strings, Cut up word strips etc. That's the best part of digiscrapping to me!
Love this! I do this too, but figured it was just me!

I don't have too many confessions. I will ask my family for advice sometimes when doing pages. Either my College Sophomore who took a photoshop class last semester for fun (she knows stuff now!) or I will put 2 papers as a background and make the family look at what I have done on the page, then hide one background to ask which one they like best! I tend not to ask my husband because his advice is usually something I can't do (can you change this or just use this part, or change this color or put this there?) I ask the girls, it's safer that way!
Old 09-03-2021, 12:33 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I don't know if this is a confession, but whenever I am not sure about something, I consult my son. He probably knows way more about scrapping than most men would want to confess to. In fact he has said in the past that he would be more useful decorating a house than trying to repair it because he got most of his skill from me. When we were putting his classroom together this year, he said the reading area really need " a pop of color." My sister and I were laughing ourselves silly and all I could think was I raised that boy right.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:42 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I am guilty of buying kits that I really don't have a use for at the time but hope to in the future!

I also in the past have not pushed myself into doing more with PSP than I'm comfortable with. But I have joined a website with tutorials on the program and am working my way through them. I probably won't change the way I do some things because to me they work fine but have learned a few things that will help in my scrapping going forward.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I have to confess ... I use a kit twice and a template once ... AND THEN I DELETE THEM! Also .... I use too many flowers

DELETING THEM PERMANENTLY??? My mind cannot grasp this concept.....lol
I do delete VERY OLD kits, especially if they are NOT my style anymore or from other designers/shops I no longer shop from.

But all the pretty ones I love?!

Old 09-03-2021, 01:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScrap View Post
Is this a thing?

I delete really old products whenever I see them. I keep finding them on my EHD like ghosts from 2007. Girl, bye.
Me too!!! I've started treating my EHD like a CT job - I can always find something to scrap about with CT kits, so I make my family give me a random number, and I use that number 'kit' from my stash. So if I have 20 theme folders, I say pick a number between 1-20, then if there's 40 inside that folder, then they pick a number and I have to scrap with it. If I look at it and go ugh, no ... delete! It's worked pretty good lately actually!

Old 09-03-2021, 01:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Anything cute/pretty

Old 09-03-2021, 01:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

haha no confession here but I love reading yours!
Old 09-03-2021, 01:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
Me too!!! I've started treating my EHD like a CT job - I can always find something to scrap about with CT kits, so I make my family give me a random number, and I use that number 'kit' from my stash. So if I have 20 theme folders, I say pick a number between 1-20, then if there's 40 inside that folder, then they pick a number and I have to scrap with it. If I look at it and go ugh, no ... delete! It's worked pretty good lately actually!
I love this idea!!
Old 09-03-2021, 01:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post

Old 09-03-2021, 01:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
I have the opposite problem. I have a hard time deleting kits or templates. It doesn't matter if I am going to use it or not...it is mine and I must keep it. I even have a folder of kits that need to be deleted that I know I won't use but can't bring myself to delete just yet.
I have almost 900 products (kits, packs etc) on my EHD...this doesn't include templates. I can drop that number maybe to 800 or so if I take my personal kits out (the ones I designed in my designing days) but still I have too many and will probably buy more this weekend. LOL

Old 09-03-2021, 01:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
Love this! I do this too, but figured it was just me!

I don't have too many confessions. I will ask my family for advice sometimes when doing pages. Either my College Sophomore who took a photoshop class last semester for fun (she knows stuff now!) or I will put 2 papers as a background and make the family look at what I have done on the page, then hide one background to ask which one they like best! I tend not to ask my husband because his advice is usually something I can't do (can you change this or just use this part, or change this color or put this there?) I ask the girls, it's safer that way!

ROFL my hubby used to do that so I stopped asking him too....this was back when I couldn't do much so I'd be like

Old 09-03-2021, 01:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I don't know if this is a confession, but whenever I am not sure about something, I consult my son. He probably knows way more about scrapping than most men would want to confess to. In fact he has said in the past that he would be more useful decorating a house than trying to repair it because he got most of his skill from me. When we were putting his classroom together this year, he said the reading area really need " a pop of color." My sister and I were laughing ourselves silly and all I could think was I raised that boy right.

Old 09-03-2021, 01:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am a digital hoarder....I have kits I haven't used, kits from designers long since retired but I really liked them so I just can't delete their stuff. If I think it's pretty sometimes I will buy it.
I have deleted some really really old stuff--like I still had kits from Elemental Scraps. I did do a pretty good clean out a while ago. I still have my entire Ellie Lash stash though, I loved her not only as a designer but as a person so I just can't 'delete her', lol.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Love this thread! I'm like Amie....I "Frankenstein" products to suit my needs. I'm super obsessed with color and will tweak papers and elements, sometimes to the point where I have to stop myself and have a little talk about "time management" lol. Between recoloring, warping, resizing, duplicating, etc...I can go on forever LOL.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hmmm? Besides buying kits just because I like them....no real purpose for them. Let's see....I only keep TIF files of templates. I don't need the PSD or PNG files so I delete them.

I use kits multiple times, especially for challenges....like I'm holding on to the new things like new shoes and I don't want to get them dirty. But I've been trying to use them earlier now. I have so many kits I haven't used yet....but that doesn't stop me from buying more. rofl

Old 09-03-2021, 01:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh....and like Jaye said....I am a hoarder LOL. I have been improving, deleting old kits but I still have to do it slowly so I don't have a heart attack or an anxiety attack over it. But...once I do it, then I feel good that I"ve cleaned things up a bit
Old 09-03-2021, 04:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My confession-I have never deleted anything. EVER. And I've been digi scrapping since 2007 The really old stuff is on an external hard drive and I don't get into that very often but it's there just in case...

I'm also obsessed with every page being unique and different. If I start a page and it's starting to look too much like something I've already done, I will trash it and start over even if I've spent hours on it.🤯

And if I get an idea in my head, I must follow through with it even if it takes forever and then if I don't like it, I still may trash it.🙄
Old 09-03-2021, 04:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherH View Post
My confession-I have never deleted anything. EVER. And I've been digi scrapping since 2007 The really old stuff is on an external hard drive and I don't get into that very often but it's there just in case...

I'm also obsessed with every page being unique and different. If I start a page and it's starting to look too much like something I've already done, I will trash it and start over even if I've spent hours on it.🤯

And if I get an idea in my head, I must follow through with it even if it takes forever and then if I don't like it, I still may trash it.🙄

If I could figure out how to put GIFs here, this would be a jaw dropper lol WOW. I literally can't imagine, that's amazing!!

I love everybody's answer, this turned out to be a good question lol

Kiana, killin' it with the GIFs ma'am
Old 09-03-2021, 04:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I "Frankenstein" kits, too, but I don't think that's a confession--it's a big benefit of scrapping digitally instead of with paper!

My confession is that I spend WAY TOO LONG on every layout. A quick and simple layout (super simple) is still an hour, and an average layout can be 3 hours. A layout that has a ton of photos to choose, edit, and place (weekly pocket layouts and similar) can be 4-5 hours. I don't know why I can't do it faster, but none of the usual tips seem to speed me up much. I've managed to speed up 1-photo layouts a lot, but I don't scrap too many 1-photo layouts.
Old 09-03-2021, 04:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Totally me too!
Old 09-03-2021, 05:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Let's just say if digital kits were in a file cabinet, this would be me:

Last year I did delete a *few* kits from 2006, but it hurt my heart. Now I know even if I never look at a kit again, I won't be able to delete it!
Old 09-03-2021, 05:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yes! Yes! YES!!!!! This is me! I am trying to use some of my hoarding collection. I'm also attempting to make sure what I buy, I will really use....not to just be tempted over pretty...lol...

Old 09-03-2021, 05:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
What a fun idea! I just did something similar in a Scraplift challenge I am hosting elsewhere! But that was for picking a number in their favorites tab.
Old 09-03-2021, 05:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to buy stuff 2-3 times because I forgot I had it and I didn't use it.

Old 09-04-2021, 01:27 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

WOW First I find this a bit creepy as I was just thinking that I need to go through my EHDs and at least remember what is on them. I hate deleting things. Even kits I got for free but are not exactly my style. My mind goes into a "well you may need that for a challenge" train of thought, and so they remain. I have gotten better on the buying end of things. I have started only buying things where I have photos or an event in mind for it. (Now these events may not have even started yet...!) I still end up with a few though that I just love.

As for confessions.....flowers are a big thing. I love lots of choices in kits, and am finding that it is harder for me to mix types of flowers (although I keep challenging that)

Old 09-04-2021, 07:29 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have two...

I don't ever delete any digi supplies. The only time I have ever purged my stash was about 5 or 6 years ago when my EHD drive died and I lost everything and had to start over.

I buy every single KCB new release without even really looking at the preview. If KCB creates it, I must have it.
Old 09-04-2021, 11:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I have to confess ... I use a kit twice and a template once ... AND THEN I DELETE THEM!
YOU DELETE THEM??? Is that even allowed? I'm pretty sure you're supposed to pay a lot of money to store them on the cloud and on an external hard drive, and if you have to buy two EHDs, it's fine. I still have products from 2010, and I would have some from before that but I lost a lot of stuff in a hard drive crash.

I'm curious if you apply this type of no nonsense to other areas of your life.

My confession is that I hate embellishing. I really love papers and photos and journaling, but putting elements on the page stresses me out so much. Of course, I love the look of heavily embellished pages, but I hate the process of making them.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
YOU DELETE THEM??? Is that even allowed? I'm pretty sure you're supposed to pay a lot of money to store them on the cloud and on an external hard drive, and if you have to buy two EHDs, it's fine. I still have products from 2010, and I would have some from before that but I lost a lot of stuff in a hard drive crash.

My confession is that I hate embellishing. I really love papers and photos and journaling, but putting elements on the page stresses me out so much. Of course, I love the look of heavily embellished pages, but I hate the process of making them.
I totally do! my husband is a hoarder and I throw it all out lol. When I was young we were really poor and we moved a lot and never got to take our stuff and I just grew up with no attachment to "things" really lol. To this day I have very few sentimental things, my scrapbooks are one of them
Old 09-05-2021, 04:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

One too many, I'm sure!

- I hoard my scrapbooking stuff

- I buy way too much

- I don't use what I buy

- I stay up WAY too late scrapping

- I sleep and dream about scrapping

- I wake up in the middle of the night and sketch future layouts

- I take photos knowing I'm going to use them with x-product

I need to stop while I'm ahead
Old 09-05-2021, 06:51 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Sorry about your Hd crash! I just wanted to say that I have BackBlaze (which I think is an inexpensive way to get peace of mind about constant digital backup) *and* 4 EHDs. Wait: one is as full as I allow them to get... so I'm down to 3.

I delete stuff every once in awhile, but I like knowing I have many options available for me. (And *usually* I don't delete stuff that's less than 4 years old unless it was a freebie and I just know I have no use for it.) If I'm looking thru one of my EHDs and I see a kit I'll never use, then I delete it. No prob. But the idea of deleting a kit after one or two uses or a template after one use is just not my cup of tea. I have some Cindy templates that I've used multiple times. Deleting them would give me heart palpitations lol. To me, throwing away a kit after a couple uses is like throwing away a shirt after wearing it twice. No thanks lol. But that's just me. YMMV.

Last edited by Tree City; 09-05-2021 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Add the word *usually*
Old 09-05-2021, 07:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I too use a kit/template once and delete... unless it's a food kit, school kit, camping kit, has really cool theme elements (I'll keep just the elements) in a folder.

Oh - I can not delete anything by a designer that is no longer at SSD once they leave.

I made chili today just so I have a reason to scrap with a "it's starting to feel like fall" kits that will be hitting new releases. I also took photos of trees that have like one changing leaf on it - because I know these kits are going to be coming fast.

Doing a twist on a girls kit to make it boy like makes me giddy... pretty much anytime I can twist a theme or kit to fit my storyline makes me giddy.

If there is scatter in a kit... I must use it.

I'm allergic to clean layouts... must use everything in the kit and all over my page. My mom is worse than me... her layouts (she does photobooks) are edge to edge photos... she laughs at me when I have only 4 photos on my pages. haha.
Old 09-05-2021, 07:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have made my guys change their clothes for certain outings or events, so they'll at least match me and each other--and maybe a specific kit! And when we are out and about or just home doing stuff, I think about how I'll need x-number of photos in both orientations--and then I take them.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

HOW??

I have this thing where I need to use a kit as many times as humanly possible and then still keep it around in case I want to scrap with it when I'm 97. A template I have to scrap with it the way it is intended, then flip it every direction imaginable and use it that way too before I feel like I've gotten my use out of it. I think the kit thing stems from having to do 2-4 pages per kit back when I was on creative teams. I just got in the habit of using a kit for several pages before I considered it 'used'.

I have trouble getting rid of kits. I have some things I won't ever use but instead of deleting them, I talk myself into thinking maybe... someday... I'll use them.
Old 09-06-2021, 02:44 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
You think that’s a lot? I have 35 folders with 100 complete full-sized kits/collections, each in their own folder titled “kit name - designer,” inside each of them. And folder 36 currently has 32 kits inside it. And don’t even ask me about templates.. I have every single freebie, purchased, ct member template I have ever downloaded since 2007 in a folder on my EHD, that doesn’t include my own templates either. I may have a hoarding problem hahaha!!

Last edited by Amber Dixon; 09-06-2021 at 02:48 AM.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:35 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Hello, My name is Stacy and I am addicted to collecting digital scrapbooking kits....

I have so so so many kits that I have not used yet, but they are so pretty I just can't help myself! LOL

And I have not deleted any that I have paid for... I moved them to an folder called "old kits".

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 09-06-2021, 01:41 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
Let's just say if digital kits were in a file cabinet, this would be me:

HAHAHAHA.... this is ME!!!!!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 09-08-2021, 08:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've never printed a single page...... I have all my albums sorted and ready, but I have never taken the plunge to get them printed. My biggest excuse is that I'd like to print them as books rather than individual pages and I'm afraid I may find out later I missed a page (because that is one of those things I'd have to fix cause it would drive me insane).... so I really need to convince myself to print pages instead... I just like how less bulky books seem vs albums..... I need an intervention. lol
Old 09-08-2021, 09:17 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

delete ?!?!!?!?!?? you're giving me a panic attack. no no no!! my confession is that i am a total hoarder!! LOL Just about a year ago I was able to delete my 2006 to 2010ish scrapkits because I was certain I was never ever going to use those again but recent ones...no, cannot delete.
Old 09-08-2021, 11:13 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I delete templates that I've used, as I only use them once. Even my own... I keep a folder for my templates that I haven't used yet and delete from there once I have. (I do keep my actual template zips in a separate place.)

I rarely delete kits, but once in a while I'll go through and delete the really old stuff, and things from other shops that I know I'll never use. That said, I do have some old favourites from long retired designers that I just can't bear to part with yet.

I actually went through my old EHD a while back and deleted all of my early work. I kept the previews, but trashed everything else. I thought it would be hard, but it was actually rather freeing. LOL
Old 09-08-2021, 11:40 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am a chronic recolorer of elements to match as well - makes me feel better to see I am not the only one =)

I also have a LOT of unused kits/templates. I see something pretty or something I know I have pictures for that are unscrapped and it is hard not to buy them. I have been trying to check my previews of kits I already own to make sure I don't already have a bunch of kits like it (fall kits are apparently my kryptonite because I have a ton of them lol).
Old 09-08-2021, 12:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I might have just busted out laughing reading that comment
I'm a digital (scrapbooking) hoarder but I apply that in my everyday life.
Old 09-08-2021, 09:27 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Haha! I never delete stuff. Total hoarder here. I spend more time buying and unzipping files than I do using them.

I always do my pages in two page layouts. I like the facing pages in a book to look like they belong together. I think it makes it easier to keep the pages in order too. Lol