Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2024, 09:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Finish Projects - how are you doing

So, how are your 2024 scrapping projects coming along?

I have to tell y'all, I got 2023 all scrapped and printed, plus I started on Cooper's books, I did these for Keira when she graduated last year, but I was scrambling, I think I had to do over 100 pages between April & June. I did books with a page a month (give or take) with my favorite photos of her. I'm all caught up to 2024 w/ Cooper's and printed the first two volumes with Shutterfly's unlimited page deal. He graduates in 2026, so I’m way ahead of the game! lol!

Now I've started on Harper's, he graduates in 2031, so I have plenty of time, but I have about 40 pages done. I'm just swapping Coop's pics out for Harper's. LOL!

Anyhow, if you want to see Coop's books, here are the links for the two completed ones.

Volume 1
Volume 2

It feels great being caught up and having these projects under control. LOL! Now I want to get my negatives from my old Advantix camera scanned to try and scrap those old photos that I had in paper scrapbooks.

Last edited by nesser1981; 04-04-2024 at 06:54 AM.
Old 04-04-2024, 07:52 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I do a project every October called "October Daily". I document the colors of autumn. I had surgery on October 2nd then got the flu at the end of the month. I was able to get at least one photo a day but couldn't keep up with the layouts. I finished it in February.

I also do the "Document Your December" every year. I was able to get at least one photo every day even though I was not feeling good and ended up having another surgery the week before Christmas. I got that finished after I did the October Daily layouts.

I ended up having a 3rd surgery the middle of January which is why it took so long to catch up. I'm now back to working on layouts for my cousin's family. They share their photos with me and I scrap them. I've done some single page layouts but have several trips to get done. I'm in the middle of their Iceland trip in November 2022. Another trip to France in June 2023 is also in there. Those 2 trips could be a photobook on their own if I used all the photos! I'm selecting the best from each day and doing no more than 2 layouts per day.
Old 04-04-2024, 10:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I need to revisit my list. Lately I have been just creating layouts without any theme or for any project. I know I need to finish my PL 2022. I think I have 11 or 12 weeks left.

I think haven't even started PL 2023!

I took this from the 2024 Goals thread: https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=98121

December Daily 2023- COMPLETED!!
PL 2022- weeks 42-52- 2 weeks done!
PL 2023- the whole year!
Jase Elementary Album- COMPLETED!!
Katelyn Elementary Album- K-5th grade
Jase Soccer- 22/23
Em Soccer- 22/23
Disneyland- Aug 23/Oct 22/Dec21
Old 04-04-2024, 10:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

Vanessa, thanks so much for sharing your books - they look amazing!

My problem is that I'm not a chronological scrapper, so I have just been printing LO's from Persnickety Prints and putting them in albums. At some point, I just need to stop making pages from when my boys were little lol, so I can actually finish the albums.

Old 04-04-2024, 01:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigaud View Post

My problem is that I'm not a chronological scrapper, so I have just been printing LO's from Persnickety Prints and putting them in albums. At some point, I just need to stop making pages from when my boys were little lol, so I can actually finish the albums.
I completely understand. Sometimes I jump around, I just wait until I have a certain period of time finished and then print it. Like last year, we went to Disney, I scrapped that way before I really even started on 2023.

I usually do like January - August and then September - December, so it just depends where my motivation is when I sit down to scrap.
Old 04-04-2024, 01:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for finding this Krista, I feel like I'm on track with what I said then.

It's so funny how these waves of productivity will hit me. After I did our Disney 2023 trip and Keira's personal books like year, I didn't really touch anything until December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
I need to revisit my list. Lately I have been just creating layouts without any theme or for any project. I know I need to finish my PL 2022. I think I have 11 or 12 weeks left.

I think haven't even started PL 2023!

I took this from the 2024 Goals thread: https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=98121

December Daily 2023- COMPLETED!!
PL 2022- weeks 42-52- 2 weeks done!
PL 2023- the whole year!
Jase Elementary Album- COMPLETED!!
Katelyn Elementary Album- K-5th grade
Jase Soccer- 22/23
Em Soccer- 22/23
Disneyland- Aug 23/Oct 22/Dec21
Old 04-04-2024, 01:25 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I make my Digi pages with the idea of just looking at them online. I don’t print them. So in that respect I’m all caught up.

I have started and stopped many times photographing all of my old paper scrapbooks to have them digital. One day we might downsize and there might not be room.
Old 04-04-2024, 01:36 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigaud View Post

I'm not really a chronological scrapper either but I do wait to print Shutterfly books for my cousin's family in chronological order. So I do have a spreadsheet that tracks those chronologically.

For me, I print single prints from Persnickety then put them in CM album covers. My albums are theme related though. Just sent an order for 200 layouts yesterday. Those will be fun to sort and put away!
Old 04-04-2024, 01:54 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

One of my goals was simply to spend 10 min per day (or more!) scrapping. That could mean actually working on a LO, or just tagging photos.

I started off strong, but I have really fallen behind. I honestly can't remember the last time I made a LO.

We went on vacation last week, and I have all these fun pics to scrap...but I can't seem to sit down and actually scrap! So maybe a new goal of mine should be "Open PS and start a page."
Old 04-04-2024, 10:56 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
So, how are your 2024 scrapping projects coming along?

I have to tell y'all, I got 2023 all scrapped and printed, plus I started on Cooper's books, I did these for Keira when she graduated last year, but I was scrambling, I think I had to do over 100 pages between April & June. I did books with a page a month (give or take) with my favorite photos of her. I'm all caught up to 2024 w/ Cooper's and printed the first two volumes with Shutterfly's unlimited page deal. He graduates in 2026, so I?m way ahead of the game! lol!

Now I've started on Harper's, he graduates in 2031, so I have plenty of time, but I have about 40 pages done. I'm just swapping Coop's pics out for Harper's. LOL!

Anyhow, if you want to see Coop's books, here are the links for the two completed ones.

Volume 1
Volume 2

It feels great being caught up and having these projects under control. LOL! Now I want to get my negatives from my old Advantix camera scanned to try and scrap those old photos that I had in paper scrapbooks.
Wow!!! Your boys photo album is so precious. Thank you for the inspiration. I want to make something similar for my nephews first year. I have lots of photos that my brother has sent me and I like the way you made the pages with lots of photos, project life kind of style. It's looks easy.
Old 04-05-2024, 06:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky23ny View Post
Wow!!! Your boys photo album is so precious. Thank you for the inspiration. I want to make something similar for my nephews first year. I have lots of photos that my brother has sent me and I like the way you made the pages with lots of photos, project life kind of style. It's looks easy.
Thank you!

I just went through and found my favorite photos of him for each month or ones I thought he?d really like to have, then I had to narrow down some months, or combine some as he?s gotten older. Then I just used pocket page templates.

I did the same with our daughter and I?m now just swapping out the photos and reusing layouts for our youngest son.
Old 04-05-2024, 09:04 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I’m so impressed with you, Vanessa!

I am working on my 2022 album; I just have November and December left, but there are over 100 photos for each month!

I haven’t even started 2023, but I have been trying to scrap 2024 weekly…and I’m only 6 weeks behind. At least it’s better than 2023, right???
Old 04-05-2024, 01:07 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
Thank you!

I just went through and found my favorite photos of him for each month or ones I thought he?d really like to have, then I had to narrow down some months, or combine some as he?s gotten older. Then I just used pocket page templates.

I did the same with our daughter and I?m now just swapping out the photos and reusing layouts for our youngest son.
Good idea swapping out photos, to do other layouts, for your other children. Time saving trick. I'll try to do something similar, using pocket page templates. Thank you for the inspiration.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I?m so impressed with you, Vanessa!

I am working on my 2022 album; I just have November and December left, but there are over 100 photos for each month!

I haven?t even started 2023, but I have been trying to scrap 2024 weekly?and I?m only 6 weeks behind. At least it?s better than 2023, right???
You're doing great!
Old 04-06-2024, 12:18 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I failed miserably last year with my daughter's baby album... I really need to pick that up and continue again. Ugh...
Old 04-06-2024, 11:04 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just wrapped up Harper's first book, just need to wait for the next shutterfly sale.

Harper Volume One and this one I did really just swap photos of Cooper for those of Harper. Some I switched around a bit.

I'm halfway done with this one and Keira says, oh are you doing them in 6 year increments? No, LOL! But that's a good idea. So that's how I'm doing Harper's.
Old 04-08-2024, 12:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Great job on the books Vanessa! They are beautiful!

My projects for this year are the recipe book for my daughter getting married - DONE
Scrapbooks for my littles... all 6 graduate from me this Summer, most have been mine since they were babies, I'm still working on those.

I have tons of projects started... lol but usually scrap outta order and print page by page thru persnickety prints. But, I'd like to get some more books done this year or next.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow