Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scrappinsweetie
Default cinnamon toast

ok so Kristin and i were chatting and talking about food and cinnamon toast came up. she reminded of a special treat my mom used to make when she baked homemade bread. she would smother thick slices with butter and then sprinkle on the cinnnamon and sugar then broil it so it was all melty and carmelized and then when it cooled it was crispy. so now i am completly CRAVING it. anyone else make it that way or ever heard of it done that? how do you guys make cinnamon toast?

btw i normally put bread in the toaster, butter it and sprinkle the combo on top. not sure why i have not make my mom's version for my kids. i actually forgot about it till today.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

We do the bread in the toaster, with the butter, then sugar/cinnamon combo on top. I have a small Glad container with the cinnamon/sugar mix all ready, Benjamin has cinnamon toast at least 4 times a week LOL
Old 05-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just make toast, butter it and add cinnamon sugar on top. I have an old spice jar of the cinnamon/sugar mixture on hand too! Your way sounds way yummy tho!

Old 05-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbumbaca View Post
I just make toast, butter it and add cinnamon sugar on top. I have an old spice jar of the cinnamon/sugar mixture on hand too! Your way sounds way yummy tho!
I do this for the kids too, just like this (including it premade in an old spice jar I stole from my Mom that SHE used to use for the same thing! hehehe).
But I don't eat it myself, cause I don't do butter or margarine, or pretty much any dairy. lol
Old 05-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

we make it in the oven! mmmmmm LOVE it!
Old 05-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

oooh that sounds sooo yummy! We used to toast it then sprinkle brown sugar & cinnamon all over it. I haven't had that in years! Now I am completely craving it!
Old 05-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i butter bread, sprinkle a cinnamon sugar mix on top then toast in toaster oven.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

we used to have it like that!!! Mom would put icing sugar on it to to make it extra sweet!! YUMMY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinsweetie View Post
ok so Kristin and i were chatting and talking about food and cinnamon toast came up. she reminded of a special treat my mom used to make when she baked homemade bread. she would smother thick slices with butter and then sprinkle on the cinnnamon and sugar then broil it so it was all melty and carmelized and then when it cooled it was crispy. so now i am completly CRAVING it. anyone else make it that way or ever heard of it done that? how do you guys make cinnamon toast?

btw i normally put bread in the toaster, butter it and sprinkle the combo on top. not sure why i have not make my mom's version for my kids. i actually forgot about it till today.

Proud to be creating for:

Old 05-23-2008, 11:40 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

that sounds really yummy.. unfortunatly, kiddo and I are both apparently very anti-toast I have food texture issues, and I Think he's adopted my quirks I just don't like how it feels in my throat! lol
Old 05-24-2008, 04:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That is my kids FAVE breakfast! I toast the bread spread a little butter and we have a little bowl with sugar and cinnamon mixed together that I sprinkle on...
Old 05-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I love cinnamon sugar toast In fact when I was shopping today I saw that McCormick's makes a Cinnamon Sugar Grinder now.
Old 05-24-2008, 03:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

FUNNY STORY ALERT:

I spent the night at my best friend's house, so when we woke up in the morning, one of my choices was toast. She gave me a strange look when I asked for cinnamon on my toast... and I quickly found out WHY once I took a bite. *lol* This was the morning when I learned the little clear jar my mom sat on top of the microwave was cinnamon AND sugar.

And no, I don't ever eat toast. My preferred breakfast, if I have to eat breakfast food, is a plain bagel w plain cream cheese. Mostly, I eat cold Poptarts or granola bars in the car on the way to work or if I'm at home, it's random leftovers.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I love cinnamon toast and so does DS. But I think he has a slight allergy to cinnamon because his face and lips get all blotchy and red wherever the cinnamon touches him. So, we haven't had it in awhile.

*My Etsy*