Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2011, 07:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Christmas Friday: Plans for today?

What are your plans for today, the day before Christmas Eve?

It's midday here in the UK and this morning was spent recovering from a Christmas night out last night - some of us had slightly more recovering to do than others - and then I've been baking in the kitchen. Chocolate cake, coffee and walnut cake and cupcakes, just finishing in the oven then I'll let them cool and decorate them this afternoon. I still have every single gift I've bought to wrap so that is the job for this afternoon. Tonight I am on taxi duty for my Dad who is going out with very old friends that he went to school with 50 odd years ago and then I have an appointment with two Michael Buble Christmas programmes I've recorded to watch on television until it is time to go back out on taxi duty

So, what are your plans?
Old 12-23-2011, 07:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I went to Newcastle this morning! I needed to get some tickets for a match for Jack, it was pretty quiet so I made it home ok lol.

Sainsbury's are coming with my food this afternoon then I need to put everything away then I'm going to move the kids old toys upstairs and start tidying up so I don't have loads to do tomorrow!
Old 12-23-2011, 07:37 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm in Wales - still at work, waiting for them to tell us we can go home early (cos I am so busy - as you can see!!)

Don't know what it is like where you are but it is chucking it down with rain here and cold - so home, in front of the fire, watching Serendipity with a glass of wine sounds good to me.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

We have a bit of grocery shopping to do this morning...and then baking and candy making this afternoon. Russ has an end of the year dr's appt, then we're officially on vacation til next year!
Old 12-23-2011, 08:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are going to have our son's birthday party tonight since a lot of our family is in town (BIL is home from boot camp, sister is home from college, DH's grandparents, aunts, uncles & cousins are down). So its going to be a huge family celebration.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

For me, today is a rather normal day. Although I have this week off, we don't do anything special. I don't have to do grocery shopping as we eat outdoors for three days this year and we don't do presents or anything. Just having fun with friends and family.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Normal day here - work this morning (until it runs out anyway, the docs are taking toady off so I'm just finishing up their late notes from yesterday). I'm watching my best friend's girls while she goes to dialysis.

Late this afternoon Cheyanne is going to a friend's for supper while I meet my sister to finish up my shopping - just need some stocking stuffers and groceries for next week.

No more baking/cooking for me. All the baking for our Christmas is done and in the freezer and I don't have to cook since we're going to my son's new house for Christmas this year
Old 12-23-2011, 08:31 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

We're going bowling with a group of friends today to keep the kids occupied. Other than that, we don't really have any plans. Hubby is having his holiday lunch at work so he'll have an easy day there too.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Just a quiet day at home. Brian's on leave for Christmas and I'm just trying to enjoy these days together as much as I can. We'll probably bake cookies with the kids today and then we're planning on taking them out to look at Christmas lights after dark. Other than that just being together. This time next month he'll be deployed again and we only have these few short days over Christmas to have him home with us so it's wonderful and bittersweet all at the same time. This time I've dealt with his deployment by avoiding thinking about it..but the closer it gets the harder that is to do.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Working plans mostly - doing the potato salad for tomorrow, baking two types of cake, a last-minute grocery mini-shopping... and hopefully a bit of scrap therapy in the evening. The stress of X-mas preparations has been good for my Muse, so I'm kinda looking forward to the evening a lot.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to cardinalskate

I have to work ALL DAY and I know it's going to just drag by. I need to grocery shop today and we're going out to eat tonight. But I'm excited that it's Christmas Eve eve!!
Old 12-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

Dh has a half day today in theory. In practice that generally means he leaves work at 5 instead of 6 because there is always something that just has to be done that suddenly appears at noon.

So we have no plans for the afternoon. This evening we are going out to dinner & then we'll drive around looking at the lights, there are supposed to be a couple new places with big displays in the nearby town
Old 12-23-2011, 09:32 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hmm.... have to food shop... uck... And then start cooking, cleaning house, finish wrapping gifts, and so some advent activities with kiddo that we didn't get to yet. Hubby is home today, but has to do the radio run... first his station, to record his shift since it's for Christmas Morning... and then run to my FIL's radio station to load that radio program... lots of miles on the car and time consuming for this all...
Old 12-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Some Christmas preparations here (mainly meals) - and a lot of thinking and grief, but a fulfilling and peaceful grief, if it makes sense. On Sunday, our former president Vaclav Havel, a great man, passed away, and on Monday, my beloved grandfather. So this week is state and personal grief for me, but again, with that feeling of peace, gratitude and fulfillment. The state funeral of Mr.president just ended which I've been following and now I'm probably going to write some of my thoughts into my diary.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:50 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

It's DHs birthday today, so we'll just be hangin' with him and doing whatever he wants to do, and I'll be making the cake he requested. I got our neighbor gifts all put together last night, so I'll have the kids run those around the neighborhood as well. I have a few scrap related things I want to finish before the site goes down, so hopefully, I'll have a chance to work on those. And, we need to wrap the kids' presents. Bleh.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Cleaning and cooking here. The in-laws arrive after lunch and are staying with us until sometime tomorrow.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ugh, I need to go grocery shopping, I need to take my mom to the store to get 2 last minute things...thanks mom. I need to make North Pole cupcakes for Christmas Eve. I need to get the entire house cleaned. I need to finish wrapping gifts and get the stocking stuffers ready, etc.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Maybe dinner out, watching some christmas movies, drinking lots of cocoa and wishing we were back home.

Nikki, big hugs to you.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Doing a whole lot of nothing I think. We came out to my in-laws yesterday, so we're just hanging out. Decorating their tree, going out to eat, and just relaxing and enjoying being together. I didn't bring my laptop this weekend and I'm kind of regretting it because I have the sudden urge to scrap, but what can you do.
This is the last Christmas we plan to do any traveling, so I'm hoping to do very little and just relax and enjoy it, lol. Next year we'll host for anyone who wants to come see baby's first Christmas, so it'll likely be insane.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Hubby just got in from work around 7:30 am. While he's sleeping this afternoon, Rachel and I are heading to the library for a bit.
This evening, we're heading back down to Bricktown (Oklahoma City's entertainment district) to ride the boats on the canal and enjoy the Christmas lights.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Well we have made peppermint play dough this morning and painted our puzzle wreaths. We just ran to Wal Mart to pick up the food stuff we forgot last night Now my girl's are doing their chores (sweeping the kitchen and sorting their clothes since today is their laundry day). Then we are going to finish up our wreaths and then make a Chocolate peppermint roll. Then it will be lunch and putting the baby down for a nap. While he naps the older kids will play and I'll hopefully get some presents wrapped.

Then this afternoon we might make some cookies and caramels. Then after a dinner of homemade pizza we will head out to our state park to see the festival of lights!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 12-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Today is hubby and I's first wedding anniversary, so we are driving up to the big city and spending the night after I get off of work at noon. We may do a tiny (really tiny) bit of shopping, but mostly it will be dinner and a movie kinda night. I'm super excited.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I will be doing last minute shopping and baking all day!
Old 12-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

i have to do laundry. and pick up my brother from the train. and do all my shopping.
loads of fun.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, the 23rd is technically ending for me--I spent the day beating a huge work deadline (woohoo yay me, lol) so now am winding down by visiting the forums. Hope to maybe start a layout or maybe organize some new kits I got. Definitely something scrappy

Tomorrow morning I'll be wrapping some gifts before we head off to my brother's for Christmas Eve
Old 12-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

In about an hour, we're heading out to do some really last minute errands. The boys need haircuts, I need to pick up a couple more things for under the tree.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

unfortunately i'm at work until noon...once i leave here i may take my son to six flags but it's so cold outside not that he cares...we also have to decorate our gingerbread house...
Old 12-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are on the road! 6 hrs of driving with a bunch of stops. Then we'll be at my parents house - not quite sure what the plan is for tonight but I'm sure it will be fun I did bring my laptop along so tonight I will get some scrapping done

Old 12-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. Bake and decorate sugar cookies
2. Do some cleaning
3. Pick up a few things at the grocery store for this weekend's nummies
4. Drive around and check out the Christmas lights
5. Listen to Christmas music alllllll day long!

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 12-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

going to the dr lucas is sick and seems to have pink eye.. no fun!
Old 12-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
Not fun but at least it's happening today and not on Christmas Day itself which would be even less fun for you all xx

You all sound like you're busy bees, it's now 5PM here and all I've done is to decorate the cakes and sort out the garage to get all the drinks in. No presents are wrapped here, I'm beginning to think that unwrapped may be the next big thing
Old 12-23-2011, 12:33 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

all the things that I didn't get around to yesterday. Yikes, time is running out.
1. go to grocery store
2. go to Costco... this one worries me. I may not survive it!
3. wrap 3 presents - hope to get DH to do it
4. bake 3 types of cookies and banana bread
5. clean up house a little
6. church tonight
Old 12-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Girl View Post
Not fun but at least it's happening today and not on Christmas Day itself which would be even less fun for you all xx

You all sound like you're busy bees, it's now 5PM here and all I've done is to decorate the cakes and sort out the garage to get all the drinks in. No presents are wrapped here, I'm beginning to think that unwrapped may be the next big thing
that is the truth!! this is the last day our dr office here will be open and because we live in the boonies its a 45 minute drive to the hospital!
Old 12-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Quote:
That happened to us 2 Christmas Eve's ago!!! Our office was closed but thankfully my doctor is great (and trusts me and my judgment ) and he called in a prescription for us!! I sure hope Lucas is feeling better by Sunday!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 12-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

wrapping gifts, feeding kids lunch, napping the 2-year-old, possibly helping my SIL with a gift she's making for my MIL, wrapping gifts, assembling kids' gifts, maybe baking, hoping not to have to go shopping any more (though I need pudding for the rum cake)...MAYBE scrapping and reading if I get some down time.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Today DH and I are going shopping for ourselves. We just got back from Sam's Club (easy-peasy, not crowded at all!) and are waiting for our sons' friend, who is here visiting from Seattle, to be picked up, then we'll head to the mall to shop and eat lunch at some point.

I'll START wrapping gifts when I get home.

We bought a pretzel maker so we are giving that to the boys this afternoon. I make homemade pretzels occasionally and they scarf them down, so we thought this would be something fun that they could do more often.

I still have a batch of cookies to make and since the Chex mix I made yesterday has been disappearing, I might make another batch.

Then fajitas for dinner tonight!
Old 12-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I am at work (boo). My boss' wife is bringing us lunch and then we're hopefully leaving between 1 and 2. I have to run to gamestop, pick up the kids, go home, get jeff, go to sprint and to walmart (lord help me). I have 4 things left to wrap that I was supposed to do last night and didn't, so those really have to get done tonight lol
Old 12-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscwgirl View Post
and to walmart (lord help me).
ack! i'll pray for ya - walmart anytime scares me but 2 days before christmas is
Old 12-23-2011, 05:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Lia and I went to Barnes & Noble and Meijer this morning for the last of the kids' presents and groceries for the weekend. She's finishing up a nap, and we'll throw something together for dinner. Tonight is DH's last night on third shift, so I'll just do my usual nighttime routine with Lia and scrap once I put her to bed. I still need to figure out what today's DD page is going to be abt... Oh, and watch the rest of 'Love Actually.'
Old 12-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

we always, always, always bake with my mama on the 23rd. today we baked magic cookie bars, fudge, candy cane blossoms, peppermint bark, oreo cheesecake bites, and grilled cheese for lunch LOL
then i came home to give the littles a nap and made some rolo cookies and some m and m cookies because santa needs his green and red m and m cookies

Old 12-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

Quote:
way to jinx yourself k

Old 12-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Ran a few errands in the morning, did another batch of cookies, started cleaning my house for Christmas, girls have their cousin over (did a little craft, making pizza for them for dinner), and then hanging out watching Christmas movies. I was suppose to finish a kit today...but it will have to wait until after Christmas!