Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2015, 10:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default So, what do you do that you think

annoys people on Social media?

I think my non-scrappy friends are annoyed by the fact I post about scrapping or when I post pages.

I'm guilty of too many little videos of Harper doing silly stuff.

And random musings, sharing videos (over sharing pictures/videos of Captain Hook), LOL!

I totally have days where I post 4 of 5 times a day and I know people are tired of hearing/seeing what I've got to say.

I think a lot of things I post more for my family and friends that I don't ever see, not my local friends. Especially I post stuff about the kids and videos for my mom. I only see her about once a year.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:21 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

It's hard. But I think screw it if you don't like it then hide or unfriend me. I hide people all the time who I don't want to see but don't want to unfriend either. Family who go on rants but if I unfriend then there's a drama. I'm 100% convinced everyone has unfollowed me lol.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by flergs View Post
It's hard. But I think screw it if you don't like it then hide or unfriend me. I hide people all the time who I don't want to see but don't want to unfriend either. Family who go on rants but if I unfriend then there's a drama. I'm 100% convinced everyone has unfollowed me lol.
LOL!

I hide a lot of people too. Political stuff and ranting, those bug me the most probably.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
truth

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 01-29-2015, 10:46 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
This!!!

Old 01-29-2015, 11:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I agree!!! FB has the awesome "unfollow" or hide features that I utilize and hope that ppl that don't want to see what I post do the same for me. Easy peasy. I'm one of those, no use getting upset or annoyed when you can just hide, skip, or scroll past.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:30 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm sure that people are sick of my scrapbook posts too. I'm not political AT ALL, so you won't see any of those posts from me. I'm also not religious, so none of those. I don't post too much, but most of my posts are about motherhood. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Gallery
Old 01-29-2015, 10:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I talk about Pokemon constantly. I can't help it, it's helped my boys so much and I just love it too, haha! I use to play pokemon all the time when I was a kid, so it's fun to have my kids into it! It helps them with reading, addition, being a good sport, strategy, and money (since they have to save up for their own booster packs and be patient). We got really into it a few weeks ago and it was all I talked about. I've noticed a huge drop in interaction on anything I post now days. I think all my friends hid my statuses, haha!

Old 01-29-2015, 10:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
I talk about Pokemon constantly. I can't help it, it's helped my boys so much and I just love it too, haha! I use to play pokemon all the time when I was a kid, so it's fun to have my kids into it! It helps them with reading, addition, being a good sport, strategy, and money (since they have to save up for their own booster packs and be patient). We got really into it a few weeks ago and it was all I talked about. I've noticed a huge drop in interaction on anything I post now days. I think all my friends hid my statuses, haha!
My kids would love to be friends with you! They talk Pokemon (and Minecraft) all the time and I don't know anything about either one. When my step-son was little we bought him Pokemon stuff and decorated his room with it. Those were the early days of Pokemon (or early for the US craze)... like these...

My step-son is almost 23 now... it's been a while.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default So, what do you do that you think

I have a lot of hobbies and I like to share the stuff I make on FB. Sometimes I worry people think I'm trying to "show off" when really, I just like sharing to help inspire others to get creative. At least once a month, people are linking to blog posts about moms who try too hard to have Pinterest-worthy meals, crafts, and parties and it always makes me feel guilty and like people think I'm just trying too hard. I've always been very creative and always had lots of hobbies so it's really not at all like that. And I looooove planning pretty parties. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 01-29-2015, 10:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Turnidge View Post
I have a lot of hobbies and I like to share the stuff I make on FB. Sometimes I worry people think I'm trying to "show off" when really, I just like sharing to help inspire others to get creative. At least once a month, people are linking to blog posts about moms who try too hard to have Pinterest-worthy meals, crafts, and parties and it always makes me feel guilty and like people think I'm just trying too hard. I've always been very creative and always had lots of hobbies so it's really not at all like that. And I looooove planning pretty parties. Lol

I feel like this when I post something I've crocheted or something. I love seeing stuff like this in my feeds!!
Old 01-29-2015, 10:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Turnidge View Post

Those kinds of blog posts frustrate me. I WANT to do all of those crafty, creative, things like that. I know that I don't have to. That is what I enjoy though. I don't have much time to do those things these days but I remember going all out for my kids' parties when they were smaller (definitely Pinterest worthy if there had been Pinterest at the time) and people thought I was just trying to show off. I really did it for ME because I enjoyed it. Nothing wrong with that!
Old 01-29-2015, 10:41 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

everything I think I do/say annoys people! probably even this post.. haha
Old 01-29-2015, 10:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
everything I think I do/say annoys people! probably even this post.. haha
You're crazy! I love you! And your posts.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, last fall I felt pretty sure that people were annoyed with my "I'm so tired", "I feel like crap" posts. I don't like to be down and depressing but I was in a bad state and I was scared because I felt so horrible. I had people thanking me for posting though because after my ordeal they got themselves to a doctor for a checkup on things that were bothering them. Some good came out of it at least.

My non-scrapbooking friends like my scrapbooking posts probably more than my scrappy friends. Well, maybe I should say they like me posting my layouts. They are intrigued. I have co-workers stop me just about every day and ask me questions about how I scrap, what programs I use, etc.

Some family members have basically said that I think I'm better than everyone because of my facebook posts. The thing is, I don't post about how much I hate my job, how bad my relationship is, how broke I am, what a crappy living situation I'm in, or how much my life sucks (because none of those things are true for me) and that is what they post about all the time. Oh, and I use proper grammar... or at least give it the ole college try. I love my family, but these specific family members... we just don't have a lot in common. One in particular that has said such things about me was born when I was 17. I'm married with kids, he's single, still trying to find his way in life. There is no reason why we would have a lot in common.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I overthink my posts so much on FB that I hardly ever post anything. I don't want to be that mom who's always posting about her kids, I don't want to come off as negative or as trying too hard, I don't want to seem like I'm posting something special needselated all the time, and I don't want to get into political or philosophical discussions. Add in that I'm reserved by nature and I think my life looks kinda boring if you're on the outside looking in, and I end up replying to others a lot more than I post my own status updates. I've never used FB much for scrappy stuff; I tend to do Pinterest, forums, and now Instagram for crafty stuff.

Last edited by rach3975; 01-29-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Everything on social media annoys me, so I avoid it as much as possible.

The hardest thing for me is when I see friends and ask them how they are doing and they say, "Haven't you seen my FB posts?" and proceed to be annoyed that I want an actual in-person conversation about their lives.

Alternatively, when people put things they are struggling with on FB that I do happen to see and later I ask them how "insert tough situation" is going and they think I'm in their business. Umm, if you put it on FB, doesn't it mean you want people to know and care about it?

Apparently I have no idea how to blend online social skills with IRL interactions.

Last edited by Misty Cato; 01-29-2015 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes, I hate the airing of dirty laundry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Cato View Post
Everything on social media annoys me, so I avoid it as much as possible.

The hardest thing for me is when I see friends and ask them how they are doing and they say, "Haven't you seen my FB posts?" and proceed to be annoyed that I want an actual in-person conversation about their lives.

Alternatively, when people put things they are struggling with on FB that I do happen to see and later I ask them how "insert tough situation" is going and they think I'm in their business. Umm, if you put in on FB, doesn't it mean you want people to know and care about it?

Apparently I have no idea how to blend online social skills with IRL interactions.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
^ THIS! ^

Or when everyone knows about stuff and I'm all like, "Wha???" and they're all like, "It's been all over Facebook!"

I'm rarely on FB.

I think I over-post to Instagram and too many of those are of my dog, or my dd holding my dog, or my dog watching TV. Or whatever I'm crocheting.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
I think I over-post to Instagram and too many of those are of my dog, or my dd holding my dog, or my dog watching TV. Or whatever I'm crocheting.

This is me! I post a ton to IG but I don't care. I'm of the mindset that you don't have to follow me so get over it. I also post a lot because of everything I do-family, church callings, Jamberry, scrapbooking, etc. I have the same mindset about Facebook but I don't post there as much...at least, I don't think I do lol!

I really prefer the groups on FB. That's where you'll see me most.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I actually deleted several close friends because of this. I did a huge FB purge and several were close friends and neighbors because I was seeing this happen over and over. We couldn't communicate anymore and it sucked. It was a really great decision.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I mainly joined facebook to share my layouts for CT work. Even now my timeline is mostly scrapbook pages. I do post photos of the kids now and then, and a few other things, but I don't think people are really that interested in my life, so I don't tend to share too much. Not that I'm private, but I never get many replies/likes, so figured I'd just keep it to myself. Most of the non-scrapbooky stuff I post is for family anyway. I don't really care what anyone else thinks. If they don't like my posts they can unfollow or unfriend me.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:27 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

I don't think about whether I annoy people. If people are annoyed, they'll hide me

However, overly political, religious and whiny people get hidden by me all the time. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
I don't think about whether I annoy people. If people are annoyed, they'll hide me

However, overly political, religious and whiny people get hidden by me all the time. Ain't nobody got time for that.
I hide overly political people too. That's fairly rare though. What I hide most are the people that post nothing but pictures of random cats or dogs or (insert cute animal here....)

I have one friend that posts awesome research and insightful articles. She's quite well read & I LOVE her posts.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh...and Adi... Liam & I have been playing Pokémon since you helped me get started a couple months ago. It is totally fun and I started getting into it. I'm currently waiting for a few special cards to come from ebay. I would enjoy your pokemon posts...
Old 01-30-2015, 02:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
Oh...and Adi... Liam & I have been playing Pokémon since you helped me get started a couple months ago. It is totally fun and I started getting into it. I'm currently waiting for a few special cards to come from ebay. I would enjoy your pokemon posts...
REALLY?! I love when I hear of other adults that like pokemon too, haha! I got my sister and her kids really into it and she's constantly play complaining about how it's all my fault she's buying booster packs, haha! (because she's seriously hooked now and I'm not at all sorry, bhahahah)

You should totally check on cards here too. It's a local place we go to every tuesday to play their "Pokemon League". They have tons and tons of cards and some are at really great prices! http://www.nwgamerschoice.com/

Last edited by adi&co.; 01-30-2015 at 02:20 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
REALLY?! I love when I hear of other adults that like pokemon too, haha! I got my sister and her kids really into it and she's constantly play complaining about how it's all my fault she's buying booster packs, haha! (because she's seriously hooked now and I'm not at all sorry, bhahahah)

You should totally check on cards here too. It's a local place we go to every tuesday to play their "Pokemon League". They have tons and tons of cards and some are at really great prices! http://www.nwgamerschoice.com/
Ooooh...you know how to play?! My son has a bunch of cards and Matt and I have no idea what to do with them. My son really doesn't either.

Old 01-30-2015, 04:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This would make a great scrapbook lo. LOL!
Old 01-30-2015, 06:20 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

My scrapbook posts, most certainly, since that's the only thing I post on FB. Now that FB is completely out of reach for me, those people can have their peace! LOL!
Old 01-30-2015, 07:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I only post scrapbook things to scrapbook groups. I rarely ever post status messages - sometimes when I'm headed out of town for one of DD's games to let people know where the game is, when, etc. so they can go if they want to. I might do a TBT post once or twice a month and maybe a non-athletic status once or twice a month... so hopefully I'm not very annoying
Old 01-30-2015, 09:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Honestly... I have never thought about it because my Facebook is for me. I could imagine people tired of my quilting and canning posts lol. They could probably care less. I'm also of the school of thought where if I am annoying just unfriend me :P
Old 01-30-2015, 10:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't really care if people find me annoying or not.

While I'm in the process of posting, I sometimes wonder how my post will go over, but I don't censor myself because of it. My Facebook page is my Facebook page. If you don't like it, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.