Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg
Default Survivor Finale **SPOILERS**

Sooooooooo

disappointed in Penner Just threw her under the bus..I thought maybe based on that final tribal she might have had a chance

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 12-17-2012, 12:40 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, I totally didn't get that. I thought they were friends? But he was clearly angry at her for voting him out.

I was really surprised by Denise winning considering how tough the jury was on her in their responses. But good for her I guess - she definitely had one of the toughest roads of everyone.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

First, I thought I didn't care which of the 4 won. I found out I DID care when Denise won and I was not happy.

And I lost ALLLLLLLLLLL respect for Penner for making Lisa's acting career a factor at FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL!! OMG. What a weasel. Her acting 25 years ago had absolutely nothing to do with how she played her game on Survivor. Like Jeff said, they did not seek her out, she applied for the game. (And sure, they probably jumped at having someone noteworthy on the show.) That was just so low of Penner. He's in show business also, and that's current. He's had an Oscar nomination for crying out loud. Didn't hear that mentioned.

I was happy she won the fan favorite. And I would have been happy with Skupin winning also.

I'm just kind of shocked - Penner called Denise a bitch and voted for her. Abi hated her and voted for her. I guess I just don't quite get it.

But on to Fans and Favorites and that should be interesting based on spoilers I've seen.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
I'm just kind of shocked - Penner called Denise a bitch and voted for her. Abi hated her and voted for her. I guess I just don't quite get it.
Exactly, that's what I didn't get either. Bitter isn't a good look on him, haha.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think obviously the jury went in knowing they were voting for Denise. All the questions and statements were irrelevant because they had already decided Denise was going to win. The fact that Penner and Abi said some awful things to Denise and still voted for her pretty much shows that they had decided no way were Mike and Lisa going to win. I really think Denise didn't so much win as Lisa and Mike were not winning.

Bitter jury. It's something you have to think about when playing Survivor. Tandang was bitter because Mike flipped and voted them out (and Lisa later). Well, if they hadn't flipped, they wouldn't have been sitting at final tribal. Penner was bitter because he didn't take their final 4 deal and voted him out. He should have been mad at himself, but it's so much easier to blame Mike & Lisa than to take that blame on himself. Penner is a spoiled rotten brat.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:50 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

still mad about it this am....I really didn't care who won I liked all of them (even Denise) but I was really rooting for Lisa..I think she learned so much about herself on the island. Glad she got fan favorite though I thought maybe Malcom or Carter woulda walked away with it

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 12-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

After Malcom got voted out, I was pretty much done. I did not care who won. I was mad at Malcom for not making a deal with Denise. That was his demise.

I have not watched the reunion show...but I was kinda "eh" at the end.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:14 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah I wasn't so glad about Denise either...I didn't not like her but when she won I was just like "meh".

I think Penner was just still really bitter at that point and probably felt kind of betrayed by Lisa.

I do wish she'd won...she seems really genuine to me.

I was hoping they'd tell us what bit Denise on the neck..that was crazy scary seeing those fang marks lol

Old 12-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
I was hoping they'd tell us what bit Denise on the neck..that was crazy scary seeing those fang marks lol
She said on her Facebook page that they never figured out for sure but that it was likely some kind of centipede. I didn't even know centipedes has fangs like that. *shudders*

Do you guys wonder how much having all the eliminees holed up together feeds into their bitterness? I'm always surprised by how bitter the jury members are, especially people who were all for playing the game when they were out there (like Penner). I know Jeff Propst mentioned it in an interview that it does influence the game but that logistically it's not possible to keep them all separated. I just wonder as a final 3 player how you account for the fact that everyone you lied to is now able to swap stories without you being there to manage it.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Penner... UGH. Such a jerk. It really was a low moment for him. And, Denise was my favorite to win at the beginning of the show, but she slowly started to annoy me. At the end, I was rooting for Lisa. I'm glad Denise won, though. She played it well and deserved it.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I honestly think I would have been OK with Denise winning until her statements at FTC. Those did not sit well with me and I think that's what put me off.

Lisa and Skupin both had/have such a great outlook on life - they were still just so happy last night even though they lost.

And didn't Lisa mention somewhere that she lost all her money years ago with a bad investment? Or did I read that somewhere? Anyway, Penner's statement to the jury most likely gave them the idea that she was rich because she was an actor. It was the wrong time for her to try to explain or counter that. But she sure held up with grace and dignity.

Penner is a jerk.

ETA: - I just checked Twitter and I didn't know that Penner is Jason Alexander's (George from Seinfeld) COUSIN!! And Jason was begging for votes for Penner to be fan favorite. Tacky.

Last edited by maryinaz; 12-17-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:04 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I was kind of cheering for Malcolm, so when he didn't win that last immunity, I was bummed. He should have teamed up with Denise at that point to get Lisa out. So, at that point, I didn't care too much who won, but I was probably leaning more toward Lisa as well.

Penner . . . totally lame speech at FTC. I liked him all the way through the game until he made that speech. Bleh.

I'm sure a few of these players will show up on future seasons, so that will be fun to watch. Did they say when the next season would air? I missed it if they did.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The Spring Edition of "Survivor" Premieres Wednesday, Feb. 13, 8:00-9:00 PM

Last edited by maryinaz; 12-17-2012 at 11:15 AM. Reason: I took out the spoiler, just in case.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am the odd man out here, I really really didn't want Mike or Lisa to win. I didn't think that played an exceptional game, Lisa sucked in challenges, Mike didn't really know what was going on in the game half the time. He was the swing vote by chance a lot of the time.

As soon as I saw the last challenge I knew Mike would win it though. There were a few other balance endurance challenges that he was very good at.

As much as I though Malcolm deserved to win, I was pretty happy with Denise. She was a tough smart player.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Did they announce the "fan favorites" for next season yet? I know who they are, but don't want to spoil it if it hasn't been announced.

Just read on Twitter from Penner that Probst asked him to not talk about Lisa being Blair at the Ponderosa and to save it for final tribal. Probably true because it sure made for a bunch of drama.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Ok now that I've caught up on my DVR I can read this. LOL!

I was pissed that Penner did that. I'm a diehard Facts of Life fan and was really pulling for Lisa to win it. Skupin would have been my 2nd choice because he seems so genuine.

Denise...really? I mean she was tough and all, but I didn't like her game play at all.