Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-30-2017, 10:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default P & PT for Health

I haven’t been around here as much as I’d like for awhile now for the simple reason I’m not well. Was almost 100% certain it was anaemia (I had it 7 years ago and symptoms were very similar) but it doesn’t look like it.

Felt really awful on my way to a meeting that I was supposed to help facilitate yesterday so ended up taking myself to the emergency room. Spent 6 hours there bored as anything cause my phone died, was turned into a human pincushion by the lab and had every lab test under the sun. Everything came back “normal” so was discharged. Am totally exhausted physically, mentally and emotionally so am taking it easy for the next few days.

Have made an appt to see my dr next week to see if she has any ideas but based on using Dr Google, I’m thinking it could be hypothyroidism.....but til I get another few labs ordered I won’t know.

If your inclined to pray for answers, for improved health and feeling better or thinking positive thoughts I’d so appreciate it cause right now i’m more confused than ever and have more questions than answers

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 11-30-2017, 11:36 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Sending you positive thoughts! It's nerve wracking when you know something isn't right but the doctors can't figure it out. I hope the next round of tests solves it and they're able to get you healthy again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2017, 01:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Aw Jenn, not knowing is the hardest part sometimes. Rely on your intuition that something isn't right, and keep at your Dr to find out why. Get a 2nd opinion if you need to, until someone works out what's going on. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hope they figure out what is causing you to be so drained!

Old 11-30-2017, 09:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I hope you figure out what's causing your symptoms!
Old 12-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Been to my dr and she is pretty sure it’s iron deficiency and possibly other nutrient deficiencies based on my symptoms and the fact I had it 7 years ago. Will be doing extensive blood tests in the next day or so (have to wait for bruising from last weeks tests to ease first) then will be seeing her again end of next week to formulate a treatment plan. She doesn’t believe it is my thyroid based on last weeks lab results but is willing to test anyway.

Scrappy Instagram

Old 12-15-2017, 06:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Finally have some answers for why i’ve not been 100% lately, low ferritin (iron stores), low vitamin b12 and probably low vitamin d (won’t get that result til end of next week). Luckily I have caught the iron issue before it’s become iron deficiency anaemia like last time as this time around my haemoglobin is fine - if both haemoglobin and ferritin were low then it would have been anaemia again. Have made a plan for treatment with my dr and will see her next Friday as well as the nurse to get my injections to kickstart treatment.

Scrappy Instagram