Sweet Shoppe Designs

  #1  
Old 11-16-2019, 05:26 PM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 11,842
Default The Case of the Missing Pencil

If you were a missing Apple Pencil, moved by a certain black cat, where would you be hiding?

My daughter's cat took not one, but BOTH of her Apple Pencils. One was in her Copic Marker Case and the other was charging. Of course he did it while she was at school and not when she was in the room. Sneaky cat! We've searched the house high and low, but we are unable to find the missing pencils. Of course Apple doesn't have a "Find my iphone" feature for the pencils that will chime when they are missing, so I can't rely on that option.

Where have you found some of your pet treasures? Give me ideas because I'm quickly running out of places to look and my daughter misses drawing on her ipad. We've followed the cat when he takes things off my desk or out of rooms, but as soon as he knows what we are doing, he just goes over to the cat tower and acts innocent. We've asked him, to which he mocks us that we'll never find the pencils.

Through our searching of the house, we did however find a missing wallet and a few dollar bills, but no missing Apple Pencils.

Help me find these missing pencils. Share your secrets since our cats aren't giving theirs away!

Picture of the guilty party:

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 11-16-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-16-2019, 07:47 PM
mmbstaley's Avatar
mmbstaley mmbstaley is offline
So Sweet
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 360
Default

Our cat likes to bat things around when she gets them on the floor and then they eventually get stuck under some piece of furniture.
Is there someplace he likes to go for his 'alone time'? Chloe has stashed things under our bed at times too - it is the one place in the house that we can't get her out of if she gets in there due to the low style of the decorative pieces of the frame. So of course she likes to sleep under there a lot. She will come out now when called or with bribes from the kitty treat bag if we have to resort to that for some reason
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-16-2019, 07:53 PM
jak's Avatar
jak jak is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,059
Default

Oh my goodness he is so cute, even if he is a thief!

Under the lounge, fridge, shelves, etc is where I usually find stuff our cats take off with.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-16-2019, 07:54 PM
~*Kiana*~'s Avatar
~*Kiana*~ ~*Kiana*~ is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 3,772
Default

Could it go in one of the vents? Under the washer/dryer? Under the fridge?
__________________

Guest CT for WendyP Oct/Nov 2019 & Guest CT for KCB May 2020
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-16-2019, 11:05 PM
Sherri Tierney's Avatar
Sherri Tierney Sherri Tierney is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,300
Default

Our cats don’t take things. They are pretty well mannered. The dogs on the other hand do. They most recently stole, then ate, my Fitbit.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-16-2019, 11:21 PM
LynnZant's Avatar
LynnZant LynnZant is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,857
Default

There is a lot of treasure under our stove. The kitchen floor is slick so things roll. However, if he takes things in the basement, they are gone forever. Good luck!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-17-2019, 06:34 AM
nietis's Avatar
nietis nietis is offline
Babe Lead
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 16,484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
Our cats donít take things. They are pretty well mannered. The dogs on the other hand do. They most recently stole, then ate, my Fitbit.
ate.your.fitbit?! I hope they're okay.

Wendy: before I read the whole post, I was going to suggest to check your hair bun, when I read the title
Now, I am clueless, since I have no pet. Good luck! I hope you find those pencils soon!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-17-2019, 10:02 AM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 11,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbstaley View Post
Our cat likes to bat things around when she gets them on the floor and then they eventually get stuck under some piece of furniture.
Is there someplace he likes to go for his 'alone time'? Chloe has stashed things under our bed at times too - it is the one place in the house that we can't get her out of if she gets in there due to the low style of the decorative pieces of the frame. So of course she likes to sleep under there a lot. She will come out now when called or with bribes from the kitty treat bag if we have to resort to that for some reason
Alone time is usually in my daughter's bed. She has a bunk bed, he likes the top bunk. We took all the mattresses and bedding off of the bed frame, pulled the bunk bed out from the wall and searched every inch of that bed. That's where we initially thought he took it as he's taken a few other things.

We checked under all of the beds. Luckily for us, the kids were always taught NOT to put anything under their bed, so it was easy to see if anything was under any of their beds. Ours has drawers and whatnot under them, but we didn't see anything. We checked inside the drawers, incase they were able to get in them, but nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
Oh my goodness he is so cute, even if he is a thief!

Under the lounge, fridge, shelves, etc is where I usually find stuff our cats take off with.
We pulled out all the appliances (minus the dishwasher that doesn't pull out) and found nothing under there.

Yesterday my husband and I tore apart the sleeper sofa. We were hoping he stuffed it in the cushions and it got in to the mattress part of the sofa, but nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~;1062978823[B
]Could it go in one of the vents? [/B]Under the washer/dryer? Under the fridge?
Luckily for us, this house, the vents are on the ceiling rather than the floor. Our old house had them on the floor, and I'd find so much of my son's lego's in the vents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
Our cats donít take things. They are pretty well mannered. The dogs on the other hand do. They most recently stole, then ate, my Fitbit.
Oh Sherri!!! That's terrible that they not only stole it but ate it!! I'm so sorry they did to that your fitbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
There is a lot of treasure under our stove. The kitchen floor is slick so things roll. However, if he takes things in the basement, they are gone forever. Good luck!
Thank goodness this house is a fraction of the size of our old house in CO! We would often say anything that got lost in the basement was lost forever!! And it was true, especially since it had shag carpet (the worst).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
ate.your.fitbit?! I hope they're okay.

Wendy: before I read the whole post, I was going to suggest to check your hair bun, when I read the title
Now, I am clueless, since I have no pet. Good luck! I hope you find those pencils soon!
That's cute! All of our hair is too short to stash anything in our buns. If it was before I donated my hair, I could it being something that I'd do. Put my hair up with a pencil and forget it was there. I wish it were something that easy!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-17-2019, 10:08 AM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 11,842
Default

My daughter was deep cleaning her room yesterday--going inside every tote, moving everything off the shelves, checking in her dresser drawers, etc. Jasper came in and sneakily took one of her Copic Markers. She was watching him and kept her distance as he walked out of the room with it in his mouth. She watched him walk down the hallway as she kept her distance. She went in my room and watched him go in the cat litter room (a storage closet). Once he was in there, he jumped on the holiday totes, opened one of the edge tote lids and dumped the marker inside. My daughter went in the room, opened the tote, got the marker, several pieces of candy, some coins and ONE of her Apple Pencils. We tore apart that room, opened every single tote, looked inside, but did not find the second Apple Pencil.

But we found one of them! Hopefully between your suggestions and maybe Jasper leading my daughter to the second stash, we might be able to find the second Pencil. We did however find a new issue---he ran off with her charger sometime since the pencils have been missing!! So I ordered a new one and it should be here on Tuesday for her to charge her pencil.

Someone in one of the Sphynx groups recommended I check Facebook Marketplace because "cats like money too". Made me laugh initially, but once we found both chargers missing we were thinking what was suggested might be true! Thankfully cats don't have fingers to type on the keyboard!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-17-2019, 11:43 AM
~*Kiana*~'s Avatar
~*Kiana*~ ~*Kiana*~ is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 3,772
Default

Oh wow, he's hoarding his treasure. Tooo cute.
__________________

Guest CT for WendyP Oct/Nov 2019 & Guest CT for KCB May 2020
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-17-2019, 12:18 PM
KristinCB's Avatar
KristinCB KristinCB is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 18,191
Default

wow wendy that's crazy hahaha! Both of ours never take anything.. it's kind of weird because with all the reading I read about them being sneaky I was expecting things like that to happen here too lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-17-2019, 05:08 PM
jak's Avatar
jak jak is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,059
Default

He sounds like a real Slinky Malinki! (I used to know the words to that book off by heart as I read it soooo many times to my boys.)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-17-2019, 07:06 PM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 11,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
wow wendy that's crazy hahaha! Both of ours never take anything.. it's kind of weird because with all the reading I read about them being sneaky I was expecting things like that to happen here too lol
You are lucky!!!
Only one of them is sneaky! Today B was finishing up cleaning her room and Jasper jumped on her bed, yanked the Apple Pencil out of her ipad and ran off with it!! B ran after him and yelled at him. She put her ipad and pencil away to which he ran in again, jumped up on her nightstand, threw everything on the floor. When she was picking it up, he grabbed her pencil again and ran off with it! She shut him out of the room, finished charging her pencil and put it away, where he doesn't know where it is, and let him back in the room. He's such a stinker! I think he's playing with her, but doesn't realize we can't find it when he hides it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
He sounds like a real Slinky Malinki! (I used to know the words to that book off by heart as I read it soooo many times to my boys.)
LOVE Slinky Malinki!!! My oldest was obsessed with those books when she was younger! On her first day of kindergarten, we got her one of the books in the series. Such a great book series!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-17-2019, 10:04 PM
bcgal00's Avatar
bcgal00 bcgal00 is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver area, BC Canada
Posts: 2,124
Default

OMGoodness....this had me laughing! I know it must be frustrating but i could just picture it all in my head! Glad you at least found one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-18-2019, 06:09 AM
nietis's Avatar
nietis nietis is offline
Babe Lead
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 16,484
Default

Glad you found one out of the two! It sounds like Jasper is playing hide and seek with B! Haha!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-18-2019, 03:31 PM
Leablahblah's Avatar
Leablahblah Leablahblah is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Baltimore, MD (origin: France)
Posts: 3,194
Default

haha that's hilarious. I didn't know cats stole things. I'm so glad your daughter followed him! So smart! lol
__________________

Creating for Crystal Livesay - Mar 2018 to Present
Creating for LJS Designs - Aug 2018 to Present
Guest for Kristin Cronin-Barrow - Nov/Dec 2017 - Jul/Aug/Sep 2019 - May/June 2020
Guest for Studio Basic - Nov/Dec 2018/Jan 2019
Guest for WendyP - Oct/Nov 2019
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-18-2019, 03:47 PM
kendallt's Avatar
kendallt kendallt is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,478
Default

Oh my gosh, what a sneaky boy! You've probably already checked underneath the furniture in your living room. That's where my cat tends to lose things. What about the laundry hamper or basket? Just trying to think of random places!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-18-2019, 06:26 PM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 11,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallt View Post
Oh my gosh, what a sneaky boy! You've probably already checked underneath the furniture in your living room. That's where my cat tends to lose things. What about the laundry hamper or basket? Just trying to think of random places!
My laundry hamper is a metal cart, like you would find at a laundromat

I'm sure it has to be somewhere we've either looked, thought to look or in plain sight. But it's been missing for a couple of weeks. At least she found one and can draw again!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-18-2019, 07:57 PM
icindi's Avatar
icindi icindi is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,010
Default

I'm sorry for laughing since losing Apple Pencils is serious, but that's amazing that he can open totes and hides things in it!!! Hope you can find the other one. No hiding cheap stuff there - your cat has exceptional taste!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-18-2019, 11:25 PM
mmbstaley's Avatar
mmbstaley mmbstaley is offline
So Sweet
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 360
Default

Well, I'm glad you found one of his stash spots. I'm sure he has others you haven't discovered yet
Our pets aren't that mischievous. Chloe just knocks things on the floor. She loved my daughter's Funko Pop! collection for a while, especially the little tiny Pua figurine that came with Moana. I keep my watch and rings and hair clips and other such small things in a small low rim basket on my bathroom counter and she likes to dig through that and throw everything out of it. She especially loves the hair ties and likes to play with those. She is notorious for running off with the girls' hair ties. We find them pushed under the furniture eventually.
Andy, thank goodness, is not much of a chewer now that he is settled in as a part of the family and secure in that. He did chew some things the first couple of weeks we had him, but he doesn't do it now. It seems to be a nervous habit he has, so if he is especially uncomfortable it resurfaces a bit.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-21-2019, 10:35 AM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 11,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbstaley View Post
Well, I'm glad you found one of his stash spots. I'm sure he has others you haven't discovered yet
Our pets aren't that mischievous. Chloe just knocks things on the floor. She loved my daughter's Funko Pop! collection for a while, especially the little tiny Pua figurine that came with Moana. I keep my watch and rings and hair clips and other such small things in a small low rim basket on my bathroom counter and she likes to dig through that and throw everything out of it. She especially loves the hair ties and likes to play with those. She is notorious for running off with the girls' hair ties. We find them pushed under the furniture eventually.
Andy, thank goodness, is not much of a chewer now that he is settled in as a part of the family and secure in that. He did chew some things the first couple of weeks we had him, but he doesn't do it now. It seems to be a nervous habit he has, so if he is especially uncomfortable it resurfaces a bit.
Yikes, I can't imagine chewing for a long time! Even though I think he's just playing, I'm glad it's that and not chewing everything! Our girl kitty likes (or maybe liked) to chew cords. She ruined several HDMI cables and my husband's xbox cable is hanging on by threads. We've lost several apple chargers because she chews them to pieces. It's been a while as we've worked really hard to discourage that. Hopefully we too are past the chewing stage!

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-30-2019, 04:43 AM
hwong's Avatar
hwong hwong is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 517
Default

Ok this thread has had me so entertained! I'm sorry for giggling at your stressful situation! We had a 'klepto cat'. When we ripped out the carpeting in our bedroom we discovered her stash. She had found a small edge of carpeting where it met the hardwoods at the doorway that she was able to squirrel away a watch, necklaces, earrings, rings, twist ties all under the carpet right in against the doorjam.
Any chance there's a carpet edge that your klepto kitty has discovered for pawing treasures under the carpeting?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-30-2019, 12:08 PM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 11,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwong View Post
Ok this thread has had me so entertained! I'm sorry for giggling at your stressful situation! We had a 'klepto cat'. When we ripped out the carpeting in our bedroom we discovered her stash. She had found a small edge of carpeting where it met the hardwoods at the doorway that she was able to squirrel away a watch, necklaces, earrings, rings, twist ties all under the carpet right in against the doorjam.
Any chance there's a carpet edge that your klepto kitty has discovered for pawing treasures under the carpeting?
I had wondered about stashing under the carpet or he found a hole somewhere in the house. With the house being new to us, I'm not sure of any secret hiding places. He took a lollipop in to the girls bathroom earlier this weekend. I'm beginning to think there's somewhere in the bathroom that he's hiding things because that's his "go to" place.

Once everyone is back in school and at work, I'll look at all the carpet edges to see if it's pulled up somewhere or not secured very well. Housing installed new carpet before we moved in, so I don't think that is the case, but you just never know!!

I'm glad Jasper could entertain you today!!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-08-2019, 12:29 PM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 11,842
Default

Still no update on the missing Apple Pencil. However almost two weeks ago, he ran off with my son's BB8 toy. We just found that a few days ago. Earlier this week, I emptied and cleaned out the pantry. I did find a lot of my oldest daughter's makeup. I have no idea how he opened the pantry door, but he must have, because it was all the way in the back of the pantry! My daughter was so relieved to have her makeup back.

But no missing Apple Pencil. I'm thinking we might find that in three years when it's time to move!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Creative Content © 2007 SweetShoppeDesigns

Making your memories sweeter

Copyright © 2016 Sweet Shoppe Designs Ė The Sweetest Digital Scrapbooking Site on the Web | Site by Lilac Creative