Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2023, 12:55 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm
Default Show me...

...the last thing you made (could be a layout, another crafty thing, a blanket, a bookmark, a cupcake, dinner, whatever) that you're REALLY proud of!

Let us praise you for your awesomeness!

R
Old 10-15-2023, 01:17 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

The Designers and Babes all know this story, but Katie got married back in April and the catering fell through about 3 weeks before their wedding. We realized almost too late that the company we had hired was just NOT going to give us what we wanted for what we had paid (they were AWFUL), so we went back to the drawing board and did it ourselves to pull of her dream "grazing table".

Her photographer took tons of pics because she said it was THE best food she had ever had at a wedding and every time I look at them, I am just soooo proud of what we pulled off "last minute" and look! there was even a cricut involved!

It was one of THE most exhausting and stressful weeks of my life, but so, so worth it in the end.
Old 10-15-2023, 01:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wow! That's SO cool- but I bet it was very stressful!

Last night I made Churro Chocolate banana bread at 9pm because I was tired of looking at sad old bananas the kids refused to eat!
Old 10-15-2023, 06:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We celebrated Harper?s 11th birthday yesterday! I made his cake, not my best, but we also had our ?Haunted Woods? last night too instead of Halloween night, so I was exhausted after setting all that up. I made the "well" and the "fire pit that has the cauldron in it.

Here are a few from the woods!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by nesser1981; 10-15-2023 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-15-2023, 08:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Dragon egg cookies filled with festive M&Ms was how I spent Monday and Tuesday. I swiped the idea from Sweet Ambs Cookies.
Old 10-15-2023, 09:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow ladies!!!!! So much talent!!! You're made me hungry now!!!
Old 10-15-2023, 09:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
Dragon egg cookies filled with festive M&Ms was how I spent Monday and Tuesday. I swiped the idea from Sweet Ambs Cookies.
Those are amazing!
Old 10-16-2023, 11:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had to search a bit...The only thing I have made recently is a mess. LOL Cleaning out, starting a new job...life is crazy.

My oldest son turned 19 Sept 22...we celebrated but Dad was out of town so we did it again on the 29th. He requested a cookie dough cheesecake. It was so yummy! I made a big one but usually make a 7 inch in the insta pot.

My goofy child...
Old 10-16-2023, 11:32 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Kimberly, that looks amazing! Katie makes a cookie dough, oreo, cheesecake thing that is seriously INCREDIBLE but that always makes me feel like I'm going to get diabetes if I eat a full slice. Yours looks similar... and delish lol

Lynn, those cookies are sooo cool! Are they like 3-D with hollow m&m filled insides? So neat!

Vanessa, are those haunted woods at your house? Nearby? A neighborhood event?

Amie, I love churros AND banana chocolate chip bread. Sounds like a match made in heaven!
Old 10-16-2023, 02:09 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have made fundraisers this year that I am most proud of. I do them for the local library, strictly as a volunteer. On the two I did myself this year with no help, I raised over $10,000. I have already started on the next one and have over $4,000 promised already from corporation sponsorship. I would like to potentially do a big gala in a year.
Old 10-16-2023, 04:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

You ladies are amazing!

I don't have any pictures of this, but I have been feeling really bogged down with boxes of pictures (like all the tiny ones you used to get with JCPenney portrait sessions, old photo envelopes with negatives, albums with not great pictures in them, etc). Then my mom has been taking apart her albums and just giving me baggies of pictures from my childhood (and their old pictures too). None of these things are scanned and it has been stressing me out. There is seriously so much. I spent pretty much this entire weekend going through 1 large box of pictures and scanning the important stuff and throwing away (wince!) stuff I know I don't need and that my kids won't want (verified by my daughter - my only child who cares about pictures). It felt good to make some progress! Still a long way to go, but feeling a little more hopeful I can tame the picture beast =)
Old 10-17-2023, 12:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wow! You ladies are amazing!

I finished knitting a wrap that I started in January. The weather is just getting cool enough for me to wear it, so I need to get a photo.

Stephanie, you can do it! Scanning is one of my major projects lately. I'll be working on that on Saturday
Old 10-17-2023, 12:40 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Steph, I honestly love that for you! That deserves a pat on the back for sure. Boxes and boxes of old photos can be SOOOO overwhelming, so good for you for getting started <3
Old 10-17-2023, 12:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Robin, that spread looks AMAZING. I can't believe you made that!

Amie - recipe???

This thread is making me hungry, you guys are amazing!

I have waited replying to this thread because I just can't think of anything. The last 2 years we've been dealing with hubby being very ill, 2 major surgeries and recoveries, and my own surgery and recovery during the only 5 months where he felt well, and so we've just been 'existing' instead of living. Now that he's back to work next week (!!! yay!!!!) I will have more time to do extra things!

I am pretty proud of being published again though - I've only missed 1 edition of Creative Scrapbooker in the last 3 years. I had 3 pages in this current issue, all with SSD products:

Old 10-17-2023, 01:11 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Trina... that is AWESOME! I didn't even realize scrap mags still existed lol I still have all of my old mags where I was published back in like 2006-2007 (maybe even earlier than that). Wild to me that these are still out there. Too cool!
Old 10-17-2023, 05:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

The woods are in our backyard. We started decorating them for the kids during covid and we add a little something new every year. We try to keep it pretty inexpensive. It's usually just our 3 kids and our nephews that enjoy them. Last year Keira had several friends come over and this year we did it for Harper's birthday, so that way nice to have another 6 boys out there running around and enjoying them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Kimberly, that looks amazing! Katie makes a cookie dough, oreo, cheesecake thing that is seriously INCREDIBLE but that always makes me feel like I'm going to get diabetes if I eat a full slice. Yours looks similar... and delish lol

Lynn, those cookies are sooo cool! Are they like 3-D with hollow m&m filled insides? So neat!

Vanessa, are those haunted woods at your house? Nearby? A neighborhood event?

Amie, I love churros AND banana chocolate chip bread. Sounds like a match made in heaven!
Old 10-17-2023, 05:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This turned out so beautiful! We did appetizers and finger foods at our wedding almost 20 years ago. I'll have to see if I can find photos. Not nearly as pretty, but some much for relaxed.

Quote:
The Designers and Babes all know this story, but Katie got married back in April and the catering fell through about 3 weeks before their wedding. We realized almost too late that the company we had hired was just NOT going to give us what we wanted for what we had paid (they were AWFUL), so we went back to the drawing board and did it ourselves to pull of her dream "grazing table".

Her photographer took tons of pics because she said it was THE best food she had ever had at a wedding and every time I look at them, I am just soooo proud of what we pulled off "last minute" and look! there was even a cricut involved!

It was one of THE most exhausting and stressful weeks of my life, but so, so worth it in the end.
Old 10-18-2023, 12:14 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
Amie - recipe???
I made this one- it's a keeper! The kids have already asked me to make it again!
https://picky-palate.com/churro-choc...-banana-bread/

Also- did you see I had a couple layouts in that magazine too! SO fun! Thanks for all your help!
Old 10-18-2023, 08:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I made this one- it's a keeper! The kids have already asked me to make it again!
https://picky-palate.com/churro-choc...-banana-bread/

Also- did you see I had a couple layouts in that magazine too! SO fun! Thanks for all your help!
I didn?t!!! I will check that out tonight! I usually play ?spot the digi page? in it but it came when Mark was in hospital for 2 weeks so I just looked for my pages and then put it down lol

Old 10-18-2023, 09:17 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Wow!! How many people were you feeding??
It is absolutely gorgeous!
Old 10-18-2023, 09:19 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
I had to search a bit...The only thing I have made recently is a mess. LOL Cleaning out, starting a new job...life is crazy.

My oldest son turned 19 Sept 22...we celebrated but Dad was out of town so we did it again on the 29th. He requested a cookie dough cheesecake. It was so yummy! I made a big one but usually make a 7 inch in the insta pot.

My goofy child...
Cookie dough cheesecake!!?? I need to try this. Can you share the recipe please?
Old 10-18-2023, 09:20 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
Just wow!!
Old 10-18-2023, 11:36 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
Wow!! How many people were you feeding?? It is absolutely gorgeous!

Oh girl... it is a whole story! We were only feeding 50, but Katie had fallen in love with this IG account for a charcuterie place here in Charlotte called Babe & Butcher. She told them specifically that she LOOVED their grazing tables and wanted that for her wedding and they told her that they would make her an amazing table with an assortment of meats, cheeses, veg, spreads, sweets, etc. etc. sooo she was visualizing a dreamy set-up for her wedding and seeing their IG and website, I don't think it was an unrealistic expectation. They were the very first vendor she booked because she knew what she wanted from day one of her wedding planning.

Fast forward to a month out and I'm trying to firm up the details with them, ie. find out how many 6ft tables they would need for her spread (we were thinking 2 minimum but maybe even 3 depending on what they were going to set up) and they replied with just 1 and warning bells started going off. So I asked them to send me an example of how much food we could actually expect and they sent me this photo...

And that was not what we were envisioning. I tried to work with them because we were concerned that this was the main food and it was just not what we were picturing and having been a wedding coordinator in a past life, I knew that it's sometimes worth paying professionals for big events like this so it's one less worry for you, but seriously... can you imagine 50 people trying to "graze" off this photo? They were awful and snobby and kept trying to lower the bar saying the photos on their instagram account were for events with hundreds of people and kept crying that pricing had gone up since we booked and it was just a nightmare.

Sooo long story short... once I had reached the point of tears and exhaustion and anger about the situation, the groom's dad got involved and got our money back and we started from square one and did it ourselves about 3 weeks out. All the props and trays and food / drink and signs and flowers... everything was only about $200 more than what we were paying them and it was seriously so beautiful and I am so proud of making it happen (as you can tell since it's months later LMAO). It was a CRAZY time
Old 10-18-2023, 01:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

The last thing I really made that I'm super proud of is my poetry book.

My 4th collection was released in 2020
I created not only the words of course, but the cover art too

when the muse speaks
: In this book the Muse seeks to be heard; the poet is merely a vessel for her to speak. Her voice crosses all boundaries and is the embodiment of human experience whether pleasant or painful. She speaks to tell the stories for the unheard, unseen, and/or misunderstood. Voices in this book range from love and infidelity to dreams and race relations. As you read and the Muse speaks to you directly, listen with your heart not your head. :

Old 10-18-2023, 01:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

WOW those dragon egg cookies are amazing. Love that cookie dough diabetic coma too.

The charcuterie board is bonkers and we all seriously bow down to Robin all-the-time at her awesomeness!!!!!

Old 10-19-2023, 01:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh girl... it is a whole story! We were only feeding 50, but Katie had fallen in love with this IG account for a charcuterie place here in Charlotte called Babe & Butcher. She told them specifically that she LOOVED their grazing tables and wanted that for her wedding and they told her that they would make her an amazing table with an assortment of meats, cheeses, veg, spreads, sweets, etc. etc. sooo she was visualizing a dreamy set-up for her wedding and seeing their IG and website, I don't think it was an unrealistic expectation. They were the very first vendor she booked because she knew what she wanted from day one of her wedding planning.

Fast forward to a month out and I'm trying to firm up the details with them, ie. find out how many 6ft tables they would need for her spread (we were thinking 2 minimum but maybe even 3 depending on what they were going to set up) and they replied with just 1 and warning bells started going off. So I asked them to send me an example of how much food we could actually expect and they sent me this photo...

And that was not what we were envisioning. I tried to work with them because we were concerned that this was the main food and it was just not what we were picturing and having been a wedding coordinator in a past life, I knew that it's sometimes worth paying professionals for big events like this so it's one less worry for you, but seriously... can you imagine 50 people trying to "graze" off this photo? They were awful and snobby and kept trying to lower the bar saying the photos on their instagram account were for events with hundreds of people and kept crying that pricing had gone up since we booked and it was just a nightmare.

Sooo long story short... once I had reached the point of tears and exhaustion and anger about the situation, the groom's dad got involved and got our money back and we started from square one and did it ourselves about 3 weeks out. All the props and trays and food / drink and signs and flowers... everything was only about $200 more than what we were paying them and it was seriously so beautiful and I am so proud of making it happen (as you can tell since it's months later LMAO). It was a CRAZY time
I am just blown away at how you guys handled the situation! WOW! Yours turned out so much better than what they were offering!
Old 10-20-2023, 09:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Robin, that is AMAZING!

There is so much talent here! I love it!!
Old 10-23-2023, 09:08 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh wow!!!
That graze set up is amazing! I can't make food look good. I'm lucky its edible. Except sweets. I am pretty good a sweets and cute kids cakes. (Cute not fancy)

But one thing I can do is sew. This weekend I whipped up this runner and baskets to organize my dresser/ nightstand area. I'll spare you all the before pic cause it was a dusty mess.

The one basket next to clock is for stuff I like to have at my fingertips? (chapstick, nailfile, readers, meds..) the other two baskets hold my regular earrings.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Last edited by StacyLynn; 10-23-2023 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-23-2023, 10:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love those fabrics, Stacy!!!! Beautiful!!

And Robin, wow! Your spread is wayyyyyy better than that caterer's photo!!
Old 10-23-2023, 11:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
Oh wow!!!
That graze set up is amazing! I can?t make food look good. I?m lucky it edible. Except sweets. I am pretty good a sweets and cute kids cakes. (Cute not fancy)

But one thing I can do is sew. This weekend I whipped up this runner and baskets to organize my dresser/ nightstand area. I?ll spare you all the before pic cause it was a dusty mess.

The one basket next to clock is for stuff I like to have at my fingertips? (chapstick, nailfile, readers, meds..) the other two baskets hold my regular earrings.

super cool!!!!!

Old 10-23-2023, 06:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

WOW you are all so talented! I'm just making complete dinners consistently again after being super drained from puppy sleeplessness, but we are finally coming out of that a bit. She's had about a week of sleeping mostly through the night (except one night). So I don't have much to contribute of my own, but can definitely ogle your accomplishments (and pin your bread Amie for later aspirations)
Great job everyone!

Old 10-24-2023, 03:56 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I love love all those Tammie treat and fun things you all made. Robin her table looks pretty impressive! And those dragon eggs wow! Last thing I'm proud of I made is this sweet 16 cake I made for our oldest. I'm still practicing on making it look clean since in my opinion it still looks a little messy

Old 10-24-2023, 10:27 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

That is sooo pretty wendy! Gosh we have such multitalented people around here! I cant bake a cake to save my life. I am a pro at boxed cupcakes though haha
Old 10-24-2023, 11:04 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
That is sooo pretty wendy! Gosh we have such multitalented people around here! I cant bake a cake to save my life. I am a pro at boxed cupcakes though haha
I can bake one ... it won't be pretty though lol

Wendy that looks amazing!!

Old 10-24-2023, 12:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

WOW Wendy that cake is amazing!!!!