Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default New Neighbors

The apartment above us has been vacant since June and it's been so nice. Quiet and extra parking. So today a new family moved in and to even be in that apartment you have to have 2 kids. I think they're little ones cuz I can hear them already. Mind you none of their stuff has arrived yet (moving to Germany takes a long time) so it's not like they're unpacking and moving furniture. I haven't met or even seen them yet.. I'm hoping they're cool cuz we're all pretty tight in this stairwell. I just got spoiled have no noice above me for so long. *sigh* Oh the trials of military housing. lol
Old 03-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Founder

profile gallery send pm

Ya..we live in a townhouse, and we have someone on both sides of us. My sister and her family actually lived on the left side until a few months ago. Last week, someone moved into her old place and it's odd having a "stranger" there again. It's a young girl and she hasn't been too rowdy yet, but I definitely know where you're coming from.

My siggy needs a re-vamp!

Old 03-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

When we first moved into our house, we didn't have neighbors on the other side (all the other sides are empty, but the house next to us was vacant)...we lived here for almost 2 years before getting neighbors, and it was SO nice. But our neighbors have always been awesome (the first family that moved in had like 4 kids and they'd play with ours, the mom was SO nice - the next family that moved in I hated for the first several months, but now she's like my BFF, lol).
Old 03-06-2009, 02:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I know what you mean.

We had really nice upstairs neighbors in our building, but it still annoyed me to no end when the dad got up at 5 am to get ready for work and his footsteps would wake me up 15-20 minutes before my alarm was set to go off. I was never able to fall back asleep. Of course, Jeff never heard any of this.

They moved out two weekends ago & Jeff was sad to lose one of his buddies, but secretly, I was happy to enjoy the silence! Of course, now I wake up 3-4x a night, but at least it's not 15 minutes before my alarm.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mandy

I have never NOT had noise problems with anyone in housing. We've had so many problems through the years with different neighbors. We love our peace and quiet.
They build housing so dang paper thin that you can hear EVERYTHING! And I do mean...everything.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hope you get nice quiet neighbors.

I could go on for days on how much I hate my neighbors. The loud music that vibrates my walls or the chick upstairs that talks with everyone in her bedroom (which is right above ours) till 6 in the morning.

I am seriously counting down the days till we move.

~~Siggie by Laura (emmasmommy)~~
Old 03-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I am so glad I do not have to deal with this so much anymore. Well I do have the neighbor like three houses down who plays the drums non-stop. (our lots are at least a 1/2-1 & 1/2 acres though)

When I lived in an apartment I hated it. Especially having small kids. I was always on my kids to shhhh and be quiet and dont run and they couldnt play to loudly or get rowdy with each other.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 03-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We had a house before Jaime joined the Army.. and our 1st Army housing was a duplex. When we moved to Germany we got a house "on the economy"... in the German neighborhood, so it was nice and quiet. But since we moved to another base in Germany they only have apartments, so it's taken some getting use to. The apartment above us was vacated about a month after we moved in, so it's been nice. I guess time will tell, but I'm hoping they're friendly and care about their living space... that's another story all together. lol
Old 03-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I know what you mean! In our last apartment before we moved into this house, the neighbors upstairs were horrid people who didn't care that you could hear them. The dad liked to wrestle with his daughter on the floor (our ceiling) and they liked to listen to music with the bass turned up real loud. I could hear them constantly! This duplex isn't so bad, but I can still hear our neighbor doing things and hear her kids running around at certain times. I can't wait to get a real house this summer!