Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm
Default Meet the NEW Babes!

Hey chicklets!

After perusing the Congrats thread you guys have going for our newest Babes, I noticed some of you mentioned that there were some names you didnt recognize on the list, so I thought it might be fun for me to offically introduce our newest staffers with a little bit about what the designers and I loved about their style!

As you know, some old friends joined the team and while we know they've been inspiring you as members of the community for a long time, we are just thrilled to have their ideas and inspiration coming to you as official members of the Sweet Shoppe team!

First up is Crystal aka crystalbella77! Crystal is such a sweetheart and has really impressed the designers she's worked for on their individual teams. Her style is distinct and gorgeous and we love the dainty clusters and bits of journaling she combines to record her family's memories. We think her soft, sweet take on scrapbooking really offers a fresh, new source of inspiration to every one of us.

Next is Nikki aka nikkiARNGwife! Nikki has been around SSD for as long as I can remember, and she always has a brilliant, positive attitude in the community. She was a Treat of the Month last year and her gallery is just beautiful. I can always count on finding great inspiration and terrific layouts when I look to see what she's been scrapping lately.

Alyson, aka Aly321, has a really fab, well layered style. The designers and I love what she does page after page and she really makes our stuff look great! When I asked the team for suggestions on contributing artists for our first issue of Simply Sweet several months back, Aly's name came up again and again and she didnt disappoint with her beautiful page! We just love her gallery and what she adds to the vibe here at the site and are really happy to have her with us.

Kresta, like Nikki, is one who seems to have been around SSD for ages and she has what I would personally call, classic Sweet Shoppe style. Her gallery is packed with pages that show off SSD's product line beautifully, and we love that she packs tons of color into every page she creates! Her style is very down to earth and her focus is clearly on her beautiful family and the everyday memories they are making together and that is something we just love around here!

Sara, our newest hybrid babe, has been active here at SSD for the past few months and you guys might know her better as livelys. We love the classy, clean presentation of the projects in her gallery and our existing hybrid babes raved about loving her style too! While she primarily creates adorable little cards, she also dabbles in other easy projects which are really approachable for someone just getting started with hybrid.

Along with these old friends, we're also really excited to have the opportunity to bring some fresh faces and new inspiration to our team of SugarBabes. These girls may not be familiar to you yet, but their galleries around town along with the enthusiasm for SSD that they showed in their applications made them great picks in our book.

Renee aka renee82 out there in digiland has a really cool vibe going on in her gallery. Her layouts are a bit more graphic and edgy than we're used to around here while still having a playful side too, which we love. We know that not everyone is pink, fluffy, flowery and girly all the time and because of that, we are really looking forward to seeing our product line through Renee's eyes!

If you're a fan of our friends at We Are Storytellers, you may already know Kristine from their team over there! The designers and I just LOVE Kristine's gallery. She makes product look beautiful while keeping her pages clean and simple, which isn't always a easy thing to do. We love the idea that our fun and festive products look just as amazing on clean and simple pages as they do on pages layered up with stuff and really feel Kristine is the perfect person to show us how it's done. We can't wait to see more from her!

Finally, there's Dana whose gallery grabbed us right away. Dana is obviously playful and quirky with a gallery full of colorful layouts that we thought were total eye candy. She has great font work that really contributes to the feel of her pages and finally, she is a master at taking a template and doing something special with it to make it her own. Normally, we really look for scrappers who start from scratch to create a page, but Dana opened our eyes to the possibilities that templates can give us as scrappers, and we found that ultimately, incredibly inspiring.

Sooo.... there you have it, a tiny bit of insight into the workings of the minds behind the scenes. We want the SugarBabe team to be diverse, to feature an array of beautiful and polished layout styles. We want the girls we work with to have an exciting new take on what they can bring to our challenges and more and ultimately, we want a team of scrappers who will inspire you to scrap your heart out and be true to the memories you're recording for your family. We look forward to seeing our newest Babes work alongside the rest of our incredible team to do just that.

Thanks again to every one of you who put yourselves out there for the opportunity to be a part of our team. There are soo many of you we would be proud to work with. Keep doing what you do, you never know what the future will bring.

Robin