Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default I feel so unmotivated to finish my calendar :(

And I'm almost done. I have 11 months and the cover done, all I have to do is scrap October's top and I'll be done and can send them off to be printed. The problem I've run into is that I don't have a picture that I want to use from October. I just need to get over that and get it done. Now, so that I can take advantage of the sale that ends today!

Any encouraging words would be much appreciated!

Old 11-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

So close!!! You can do it. If you don't have a picture, about using that space(s) to do highlights of the month or a bucket list. I used Cindy and Penny's set and instead of using the Halloween template, I did the more generic one and scrapped a picture of Parker's first pair of glasses. Halloween hadn't arrived yet so I didn't have pictures either. Just think of all of the money you'll save by doing it today, you're almost there!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It doesn't need to be a Halloween photo. In fact, it doesn't even need to be from October. The Scrapbooking Police are not going to come and check!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm in the same boat, although you are much further along than I am. I am trying to finish mine today too. Maybe try to find a photo from another month. You're almost there and then you can check this off your to do list!

Old 11-26-2012, 04:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I did decide to use a Halloween photo. I wouldn't have had a problem using a photo from another month, but I really kinda wanted to use Halloween because it's one of the last years my boys will go out. I found that once I edited the photo and zoomed in on it, I really like the way it's working - yay! I'm still kinda burned out on scrapping - I think this is the 5th page I will have done today - but I'll push through and get it done! Thanks for the encouragement, girls!!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Are you ordering from Persnickety by any chance?

I'm wondering if there is a hole on the top of the 2-page calendar to hang it by a nail. Does anyone happen to know?

Old 11-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, I'm planning to order from Persnickety. And I sure hope that there's a hole at the top to hang it. I assumed that there was, but now you have me wondering...

October is finished!! Now I just have to upload the tops, decide if I want any special dates printed on the calendar bottoms, and get them ordered. Yay!!

Can I just say that I <3 Cindy's calendar templates and SSD scrapbook kits. They made it sooo easy to get the calendar done - even if I did get a bit tired of it at the end
Old 11-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yay for getting it done! I am bummed...haven't started on mine yet -- so no hitting the sale price for me. So many things to do!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Way to go Kate!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateD View Post
Can I just say that I <3 Cindy's calendar templates and SSD scrapbook kits. They made it sooo easy to get the calendar done - even if I did get a bit tired of it at the end
Ditto to this! I was not going to do a calendar this year. My mom has 13 grandchildren and expects all of them to be in the calendar, not just my 4 kids. And it's darn hard getting my 4 siblings to get me pics! I have to search Facebook and Picasa for pictures instead. /end whine

Anyway...I decided to go ahead and do it and I used the quick pages - love them! I was a little worried because I didn't think I would have photos to match them (and they gotta match!), but I worked it out. So much faster thanks to Cindy and Penny! I still have to do the bottoms and I'm a little bummed that I can't easily switch out the months like I was hoping, and keep the embellishments, but oh well. My niece's wedding that was in June will just have to be on May next year because the colors match better.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, there's a hole! LOL - I order from them every year using Cindy's 2 page templates
Old 11-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
Yes, there's a hole! LOL - I order from them every year using Cindy's 2 page templates
Thanks, Marie! The description doesn't mention it and the preview photos don't show it... at least not that I noticed.

I'm gonna be busy tonight when the kids go to bed doing calendars!!!

Old 11-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
Thanks, Marie! The description doesn't mention it and the preview photos don't show it... at least not that I noticed.

I'm gonna be busy tonight when the kids go to bed doing calendars!!!
I should also mention this is for the 8.5x11 inch landscape templates...
Old 11-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
I should also mention this is for the 8.5x11 inch landscape templates...
Great! That's the one I'm ordering.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yay! I just ordered mine. This is one project where I'm very happy to use quickpages!

Old 11-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

You all are so impressive. Way to go!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I ended up getting mine done, plus ordered my Christmas cards and two 20x20 canvases. And took my son to his violin lesson. Phew! We did eat spaghetti for supper, though, and I'm just now cleaning up the kitchen

I ended up just ordering two calendars from Persnickety since the bogo turned out to be just one free no matter how many you ordered. Since I need six calendars, I decided to order the others from Shutterfly because they're having a good sale right now, too, and I have two $20 credits from school pictures.

Boy does it feel good to have that done! Now I'm pretty much done with extended family gifts. I just need to figure out something small-ish to get my sister and finish up an afghan I'm knitting for my Dad. Otherwise, finished! And my immediate family isn't getting much under the tree this year so it's pretty much just stocking stuffers for them. Yay!

Thanks for the encouragement yesterday!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
My mom has 13 grandchildren and expects all of them to be in the calendar, not just my 4 kids. And it's darn hard getting my 4 siblings to get me pics! I have to search Facebook and Picasa for pictures instead. /end whine
I guess that's one reason to be glad that my kids are the only grandchildren on both sides of the family. That's crazy that you have to go to those lengths to get photos - you're such a good daughter!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yay, Corey, for getting your calendars done!

Thanks, Marie, for the info about the hole

Heather, you may want to e-mail Persnickety. Based on a question someone asked on their FB page, it sounds like they may still give you the deal if you contact them.

Brook, did you get your calendars done yesterday?
Old 11-27-2012, 08:25 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I ordered some prints last week and they got here yesterday..anyways I wasn't going to do calendars b/c I didn't have time to get them finished by yesterday however with my prints they sent a b1g150% coupon for calendars thru Dec 31 so if you still want to order I'd suggest maybe ordering a couple printed LOs and seeing if you get a coupon too

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 11-27-2012, 09:07 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yay, Corey, for getting your calendars done!

Brook, did you get your calendars done yesterday?
No! Such a bummer... I needed 5 of them (I was going to order 6 though for B1G1)... after putting in the order I realized I only got 1 free no matter what. So, I'm waiting a bit. Shutterfly is a good suggestion! I might even print them at Costco.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, it was a bummer that the bogo was only for one calendar. Oh, well, I had other things to print so I was already paying for shipping and getting two calendars for $10 each isn't bad. Besides, this way I get to do a side-by-side comparison of calendars printed at two different places

Yay for getting the calendars scrapped, though, Brook!!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yes, it was a bummer that the bogo was only for one calendar. Oh, well, I had other things to print so I was already paying for shipping and getting two calendars for $10 each isn't bad. Besides, this way I get to do a side-by-side comparison of calendars printed at two different places

Yay for getting the calendars scrapped, though, Brook!!
Yes, it definitely feels good!

Old 11-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Now I feel like a slacker! I wanted to do calendars this year, but I haven't even started. For some reason it seems too difficult LOL. I will do it eventually I guess!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

So glad you got it done Kate!!! Now I may have to go take a look at mine....Sigh... LOL Oh an nice job on getting the christmas cards and some prints!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm still trying to finish my calendars. Trying not to use a lot of quick pages, but I might break down and just do it any way.

I got a Amazon groupon thing 3 calendars plus shipping for $30. So I need to hurry and get them done so they can be back by Christmas.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had my tops finished, then I went back through them and realized in the prominent pictures I didn't even have my own kids, but had put my nieces and nephews in there. Since I'm making the calendar, MY kids get to be front and center, so I had to change a bunch of them.

Now I just need to finish the bottoms and get to printing!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's too funny, Mary! Your kids should be front & center - too bad for the extra work, though...

You can do it, Juli! You know, in the end it won't really matter if you used quickpages or not - you'll love your calendar anyway.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

i always use quick pages for the Calendar because I am way too lazy to make my own and because its already hard enough for me to find pictures to go into the calendar! still need my cover page, Nov and Dec done.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Kim, it was funny - I found that the calendar pages came together really quickly using the templates - much faster than a layout. Probably because I wasn't journaling on the calendar or putting a title on the page. I've already taken one of the calendar pages and turned it into a layout and I think I'm going to be able to do that with 3 or 4 more. Bonus!!
Old 11-29-2012, 03:02 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I finally got mine finished and sent off for printing! It's about 2/3 Melissa's calendar from the shoppe and 1/3 my pages. (I only scrap for the months where the premade pages don't work with my photos.) I have been working on it like crazy the last few days trying to get it done in time for the Shutterfly sale, and I made it with about 30 minutes to spare, LOL. With the sale and several promo codes I had, I got 8 calendars and shipping for $73. It was worth the craziness.