Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-26-2022, 10:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default No Mojo

I'm so bummed ... I just cannot find my scrapping mojo! I've tried and trashed so many pages lately ... I don't recall ever feeling quite like this - at least not this "bad" and am not sure what is happening!
I purchased a number of new kits (thank you for the awesome BF sale!) and sat down tonight with the intention of scrapping and I got nothing ... lol.
I'm sure I'm not alone and I know it will come back (hopefully soon) ... just needed to vent a little
Thanks for listening!! XO
Old 11-26-2022, 10:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

HUGS! I have been there...heck I took several YEARS off before I got back into it. Try scraplifting a page...or a challenge to get you started. I hope you are back at it soon
Old 11-26-2022, 11:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been there and I agree with Kimberly about scraplifting to get some mojo flowing. Using a template sometimes helps too. Hope your mojo comes back soon!

Old 11-27-2022, 01:51 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh--I hate that feeling! I've hardly scrapped since this summer--I felt stretched thin, and when I had free time I wanted a hobby that required less mental energy (which for me means crochet instead of scrapping). I've finally felt ready to start scrapping again in the last few days.

When I'm in a slump, the first thing I try is new kits or new photos. If I try that for a few layouts and it doesn't help, I usually need to take a break. A week or two (or longer!) away from scrapping seems to help my mojo more than trying to force it. Whatever works for you, I hope you get past the slump soon!
Old 11-27-2022, 09:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I FEEL YOU SO MUCH! I've been through those phases before, but this time I am truly worried it's not a phase but rather the end of my scrapping hobby. ��

It is always SO PAINFUL to make the first page to get back in the groove, but I find that once I spend a few days working on that first page back, I get my mojo back. It just takes some pain before I find the joy in it again.
Old 11-27-2022, 11:57 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I feel you. There have been times I've taken literal *years* off and it can be so hard to get back in the swing of it... I hope your mojo returns soon and that you find the thing that will spark your excitement in wanting to create again!
Old 11-27-2022, 11:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I understand the feeling. Our internet has been terrible for the last two weeks, we've had to reset the router at least 3 times a day. They finally came and gave us a new one, but with all that frustration of trying to upload and things not working and the fact that my computer is so old, they aren't going to be doing updates for it after January, my mojo is gone, too.
Old 11-27-2022, 06:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Okay - I did it. It's taken me hours to get one page done ... but, struggles and all I feel better. I really feel like something is missing from my life when I "can't" or don't scrap ... isn't that crazy!!
Old 11-27-2022, 11:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
Okay - I did it. It's taken me hours to get one page done ... but, struggles and all I feel better. I really feel like something is missing from my life when I "can't" or don't scrap ... isn't that crazy!!
Gorgeous page--I can't tell at all that you struggled with it! (Don't ask what my no-MOJO pages look like--it's not pretty!)
Old 11-27-2022, 08:43 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Glad you finally got a page done.
I think we've all been through that 'no mojo' phase and there are times we feel the withdrawal from not doing it, so, I am sure it feels awesome to finally scrap one page to get you out of the rut.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This page is gorgeous. Glad you got one scrapped. <3
Old 11-28-2022, 02:07 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Wow! Your beautiful layout looks like your mojo came back with gusto!! I usually don't lose my mojo because I have the opposite problem of lacking time. I will, say, though, that when I was making a family cookbook for nieces that were just married/getting married, I was SO sick of doing it! There were 72 recipes and the last 10 were torture getting finished, but it was a good thing that I had a deadline.
Old 11-28-2022, 02:42 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Wow - you got your mojo back so beautifully! What a gorgeous page.
Glad you powered through and were able to have a breakthrough. I love seeing your pages in the gallery!
Old 11-28-2022, 03:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm glad you were able to scrap Jill! I know I feel that way sometimes too but I keep pushing myself and even if I'm not a fan of the page I create I'm still glad I pushed through.
Old 11-29-2022, 09:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That is a beautiful page, Jill! When I have scrap-mojo issues, I tell myself to just go ahead and make an ugly page and get it over with. That seems to unblock me. Sometimes I TRY to make an ugly page, because then I don't feel all my perfectionism slowing me down and making me doubt every single thing I'm doing. And sometimes I just take a few steps away and give myself a break. Glad you were able to get things going again!

Old 11-29-2022, 11:56 AM
Banned

profile gallery

That turned out gorgeous, Jill! I think we all go through those phases. I try to take a break for a few days and come back and try again. Most of the time templates really help me, though, but sometimes I can't decide about which papers to use and just trash it, too. Or I save out a couple different versions and see how a friend feels about them. lol