Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-03-2023, 09:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Stroll down gallery lane

I love Kristin's post about 30,000 layouts in her gallery. Congrats!

It made me stop and take a stroll in my own gallery looking at the pages I have created since getting involved at SSD's. Some I had forgotten about, others I cringed at (and thought I need to redo those), all made me have a memory of the event or person and a lot made me really miss those times.

Have you taken a gallery stroll lately? Do you see how your style has grown or changed? Did you also share in those feelings seeing your pages? Do you see how much your kids have changed/grown up? Did you find a page (or two) that need an overhaul? lol... I did! Maybe I need to challenge myself (and you guys) to a page remake.

Not to make things sad but the stroll made me stop and think about my friend, Amber Shaw. I really miss her and think about her often.

Anywho... just wondering our thoughts on your own personal gallery. If you haven't taken a stroll lately, I encourage you to do so. It triggered lots of memories and isn't that the point of scrapping?

Old 06-03-2023, 10:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Spinoff: How many pages (not layouts) in your Gallery?
I have 133

I am so grateful for every single one of them.

99% of my LOs are pocket pages which are my favorite. I really do love templates so I try my hardest to use them but my completed LO makes me cringe!
I do want to try to use more of a variety of pocket page templates to add variety. This year I have been trying to focus on journaling more to record the story.
Old 06-03-2023, 02:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was just looking through my gallery to choose a layout for Kristin's post and did enjoy the trip down memory lane. Krystal Harley was the first designer to take a chance on me and offer me a spot on her CT. As I was looking through the pages, I saw several of my Krystal layouts and that made me sad as I saw that she had passed away recently. I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to work with her. She was always easy going and easy to work with.

I have 40 pages of layouts(and so many more pages that I didn't post). I joined this site in 2011 and it has been my go-to spot since then. I've gone through phases of not scrapping as much, and not posting much, but I always come back here when I'm scrapping.

Old 06-03-2023, 08:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for starting the fun thread Melinda!

I recently did take a trip "back" when I was moving all of my files after an EHD crash. I started back in 2006 when it was a relatively new industry and many of my pages are cringe-worthy! But thankfully, my skills have evolved as has the digi-scrapping world!

I have 44 pages here @ SSD, but there are sure tons more at other sites where I was active before finding my home here in 2015.

I am so grateful for this community ... !
Old 06-04-2023, 02:41 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I started using Cindy's templates pretty early on in my journey, so my "style" has only evolved as much as Cindy's has. hehe The only old layouts that make me cringe are the ones where I didn't use a template, but fortunately those are few and far between.

I still use Kristin's kits on like 90% of my pages, and I still miss Zoe and La so much. The biggest change for me has been the amount of scrapping I do; I used to make a layout every single day, but lately I'm lucky if I make one a month!
Old 06-04-2023, 07:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I could echo so many of the things that Kellie said, Cindy’s template, right down to missing Zoe and La! lol!!!

So many one photo layouts way back when I first started, I was still in the Air Force and worked a lot of mid shifts, so I had a lot of late nights to kill. Now less is more, I’m honestly always trying to figure out how to get all these pictures I still take into few layouts.

I do a decent job, with the exception of vacation and unusual things (we’re in the middle of all the senior year happens for our oldest, who was almost 2 when I post the first layout of her in the gallery).
Old 06-04-2023, 02:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If you have the settings to show 16 layouts at a time...I have 58 pages of layouts...927 layouts. I only started posting May 2020...I love looking back over pages and seeing them. It reminds me I need to print more!!
Old 06-04-2023, 10:21 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I have 132 pages of 16 layouts in the gallery, adding up to 2097 pages over the so many years I have been in SSD.
I miss Zoe's and Julie's designs so so much!
Over the years, I think my shadowing evolves a lot. There are older layouts that do make me cringe when I look at them, but I learn to accept it as a learning process now
Old 06-05-2023, 05:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 53 pages in my gallery. It is fun to look back and see how my scrapping has changed or grown. Only downside, it makes me realize I need to print so many more albums! Time to get the pages more organized and see what I can actually print soon!
Old 06-06-2023, 11:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 35 pages in my gallery. It is so fun to look back through them. There are some I look at and think "I made that? That's amazing!" and others I mayyy not be as thrilled with but that's life. I also use a ton of Cindy's templates so I feel like I do have a lot of consistency in my style. And I also have a lot to print!
Old 06-07-2023, 10:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fun question Melinda!

Have you taken a gallery stroll lately? Yeah I often do it!

Do you see how your style has grown or changed? Clearly yes but I still not sure if what I do is ok. Lol. I know I like clusters a lot and have more and more play with shadows. My layouts are often full of elements (and maybe crowded) but I think this is what I like.

Did you also share in those feelings seeing your pages? Do you see how much your kids have changed/grown up? Oh yes and it makes me feel nostalgious and even sad sometimes to see how time flies so fast! I also feel that I still have tons of pictures to scrap but I miss so much time. I love remember of the good moments watching my layouts.

Did you find a page (or two) that need an overhaul? For sure there's more than 2 I would love to remake and I feel a little cringe to have it in my gallery but in other way those are my firsts so... Lol! The worst is at the time I found it good so I wonder if it's the same now lol!

Maybe I need to challenge myself (and you guys) to a page remake.
I think it could be cool!

Not to make things sad but the stroll made me stop and think about my friend, Amber Shaw.
Oh I totally relate! We weren't friends, I know her only by having some PM with her but I love her designs. I just was in shock when I learn the terrible new and I still think of her. I learn that some other talented designers passed away and it makes me sad too. I guess the most important is never forgetting them!
Old 06-07-2023, 04:36 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

What a great thread! I actually do go back and review mine from time-to-time. I have been scrapping for 13+ years, and have not had the time or money to print everything out. So it is a nice way to look back at the memories I haven't got to print yet.

I think the general way I scrap is the same. I don't use a ton of photos still, and I still love to cluster. Maybe it is more my abilities that has changed, and not my style.

I have 41 pages that equates to 653 layouts.

I create for: Laura Wilkerson, Meagan's Creations & WendyP Designs ** Check out my Blog! **

Last edited by shawnbear; 06-07-2023 at 04:38 PM.