Old 05-23-2023, 01:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Weekly Goings-On: May 21-27

Happy Tuesday everyone.
What's going on this week?
What's the weather like in your area?
What's on the menu this week?
Anyone doing anything fun? or is work and life as usual?

Feel free to share with us or post a funny for the week!

Old 05-23-2023, 01:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What's going on this week? NOTHING MUCH!

What's the weather like in your area? Sunny today, high 70s, perfect for fishing which I'm not doing because I'm at my desk working.

What's on the menu this week? Mostly quick meals this week, maybe breakfast for dinner tomorrow?

Anyone doing anything fun? or is work and life as usual? Not me, just regular schmegular life for me this week I do plan on taking a vacay day Friday to make a 4-day holiday weekend for me, I need a break.

Old 05-23-2023, 02:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What's going on this week? Surviving...hubby is traveling in Germany this week. Preteen is being well a preteen. Thankful I have my oldest to help out. We have the usual...school, swim team, church (I have choir and praise team practice on Wednesdays)...first swim meet Saturday morning!

What's the weather like in your area? Sunny upper 80s/low 90s...occasional thunder storms

What's on the menu this week? not sure...whatever the older one decides to help cook. I went out with a friend last night, Sunday we did fried shrimp, green beans and rolls...tonight may be spaghetti or salmon

Anyone doing anything fun? or is work and life as usual? like I said surviving my week with out hubby. Oh I am fighting a squirrel that has been eating off my bird feeder. We tried sprinkling garlic and hot pepper flakes but he doesn't seemed fazed. We are going to try some hot bird seed next that is supposed to deter the squirrels. These are Texas squirrels though...I think they like it spicy! LOL

A story for the week...Preteen got in trouble for being mouthy and giving me attitude. I took his cell for the night. Well, he didn't like that at all. I went into my room to put it up and gather myself. I shut the door and heard a bang then my oldest yelling what did you do? I came out to RED GATORADE everywhere. He had hurled a bottle at me but it hit a wall on the way to my door and shattered the top. Gatorade went on the walls, carpet, down the back of the TV etc...EVERYWHERE. I was not happy at all!! We took the TV apart to dry...thankful it was a zero sugar so no sticky but a mess...He thankfully apologized and we talked about proper ways to handle anger and talking about our feelings, taking time outs etc. He has had a decent 2 days. He did get sick last night but that seems to be a let down from 2 days of heavy emotions and behavior. He has been super polite and nice with no phone, tv, video games etc...
Old 05-23-2023, 03:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Having a shopping day with a friend tomorrow and finally(!) getting my hair trimmed and colored on Thursday! I waited a little too long to make the appointment and I need to get this grey out soon!!

The weather here in northern IL has been perfect -upper 70's mid 80's with zero humidity!

Ha! We usually wing it everyday - each morning the magic question is "what do you want for dinner?" lol. It's usually something quick and easy ... hamburgers / salad - steak / salad - or sometimes "fend for yourself"!

Getting geared up for our 10 day anniversary trip to the mountains in NC in June.
Old 05-23-2023, 03:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What's going on this week? I just returned to the Philippines after being gone for a whole year! So far, my week has been filled with unpacking and shopping for all the things that broke or mildewed while we were gone. (I don't know why we thought pillows would be usable after spending a year in a closet in an unairconditioned house in the tropics!)
What's the weather like in your area? Like being in a sauna with the heat turned to "survival unlikely."
What's on the menu this week? My kids want Filipino food, but if I'm being honest, there will probably be a lot of take out.
Anyone doing anything fun? or is work and life as usual? Being back is super fun to me, even if I'm just running around bleeding money!
Here's a pic of my girl with her cat; I don't know which one of them was the happiest to see the other. That cat hasn't left her side since we got back. : )

Old 05-23-2023, 03:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
A story for the week...Preteen got in trouble for being mouthy and giving me attitude. I took his cell for the night. Well, he didn't like that at all. I went into my room to put it up and gather myself. I shut the door and heard a bang then my oldest yelling what did you do? I came out to RED GATORADE everywhere. He had hurled a bottle at me but it hit a wall on the way to my door and shattered the top. Gatorade went on the walls, carpet, down the back of the TV etc...EVERYWHERE.
omgosh, the nerve these kids have! My kids constantly do things that I would have been dead for, and sometimes I wonder if it's my fault for trying to parent them with love and compassion, lol. Sounds like you handled it well; to me a genuine apology is the absolute best outcome. Did the Gatorade come off the walls and carpet? Just to be safe, you should definitely only buy the white Gatorade from now on.
Old 05-23-2023, 05:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We have standardized testing today and tomorrow - we are homeschoolers and it's not required for our state, but my 16yr loves these types of tests. He also has prom tonight - on a Tuesday and has testing tomorrow... he said he won't stay long. Otherwise trying to finish up school year so we can start our summer lessons.

Lovely - it's in the upper 70s into the low 80's. No humidity. I wish this was the weather all summer! The birds are driving me nuts. Since 2020 we have had soooo many birds - yet my mom who lives .5mile away has like none. These aren't normal birds... we have "Karen" a Robin who is not scared of people and will squawk telling you exactly why she has a problem with you - her nest is under our deck. Now we have Bob and Bev Bickerson - two grackles that sit on the fence and one will just yap, yap, yap at the other one... then the male will move down a few feet and the female will follow, still yapping. They just had twins, we call them Bobby and Betty... one yap, yap, yaps at their sibling and the sibling just sits there, staring off into space.

Whatever Six Sisters tells me - I use their menu plans with Fed and Fit.

Getting ready for camping Memorial Weekend - we had our shake down trip last weekend to see what we are missing (we unload almost everything as our RV is stored over winter and don't want mice to get into it all). And I'm trying to get our curriculum ready for summer... but little motivation to do so.
Old 05-24-2023, 10:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What's going on this week? This week is so busy but so fun! Sunday we went to a town called Grand Haven on Lake Michigan for their annual kite festival. It is always a good time! There were choreographed kite performances and lots of varieties of kites flying on the beach. And it's on the beach, so win-win! Monday night was high school graduation for my oldest. It was a really nice ceremony and all the feels!! Last night was my youngest's spring concert. It's my fave concert of the year because the teacher lets the kids pick the songs so we actually know them! And the kids seem to sing with so much more enthusiasm when they like the songs. His group picked Viva la Vida by Coldplay, Country Roads by John Denver and I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys. And then Friday, I get to help chaperone the 8th grade choir field trip to Chicago. I can't wait! We're going to the Museum of Science and Industry, the Zoo, Navy Pier and Giordano's for lunch (deep dish pizza) and then to see Aladdin before coming home.
What's the weather like in your area? Beautiful! 60s/70s for a few days and dry.
What's on the menu this week? Busy week = a lot of takeout.
Anyone doing anything fun? or is work and life as usual? So much fun this week! I love the busy weeks but I'll be looking forward to a little quieter week next week so I can start prepping for the grad party.
Old 05-24-2023, 10:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Senior Everything! Tuesday - Senior Award Night, Wednesday we're doing a final spring round of Senior photos, Thursday Senior class parade, Sunday, 18th birthday celebration (with lots of yard work thrown in this weekend)

Pleasant, it's been like 50's in the mornings, 70s in the afternoons.

Nothing exciting, we are going out to dinner tonight.

This week is like the busiest of the year I think.
Old 05-24-2023, 11:23 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Lots of end of school activities and baseball. We are also spending the holiday weekend at my mom's cabin. I am looking for a chill day at the lake.

70s

Spaghetti and Meatballs
Pizza Party for end of season baseball
Clear out the Pantry before we leave for the weekend

Work is usual but lots of activities!!
Old 05-24-2023, 12:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
Lots of end of school activities and baseball. We are also spending the holiday weekend at my mom's cabin. I am looking for a chill day at the lake.

70s

Spaghetti and Meatballs
Pizza Party for end of season baseball
Clear out the Pantry before we leave for the weekend

Work is usual but lots of activities!!
I want PIZZA now. lol

Old 05-24-2023, 12:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
What's going on this week? Surviving...hubby is traveling in Germany this week. Preteen is being well a preteen. Thankful I have my oldest to help out. We have the usual...school, swim team, church (I have choir and praise team practice on Wednesdays)...first swim meet Saturday morning!

What's the weather like in your area? Sunny upper 80s/low 90s...occasional thunder storms

What's on the menu this week? not sure...whatever the older one decides to help cook. I went out with a friend last night, Sunday we did fried shrimp, green beans and rolls...tonight may be spaghetti or salmon

Anyone doing anything fun? or is work and life as usual? like I said surviving my week with out hubby. Oh I am fighting a squirrel that has been eating off my bird feeder. We tried sprinkling garlic and hot pepper flakes but he doesn't seemed fazed. We are going to try some hot bird seed next that is supposed to deter the squirrels. These are Texas squirrels though...I think they like it spicy! LOL

A story for the week...Preteen got in trouble for being mouthy and giving me attitude. I took his cell for the night. Well, he didn't like that at all. I went into my room to put it up and gather myself. I shut the door and heard a bang then my oldest yelling what did you do? I came out to RED GATORADE everywhere. He had hurled a bottle at me but it hit a wall on the way to my door and shattered the top. Gatorade went on the walls, carpet, down the back of the TV etc...EVERYWHERE. I was not happy at all!! We took the TV apart to dry...thankful it was a zero sugar so no sticky but a mess...He thankfully apologized and we talked about proper ways to handle anger and talking about our feelings, taking time outs etc. He has had a decent 2 days. He did get sick last night but that seems to be a let down from 2 days of heavy emotions and behavior. He has been super polite and nice with no phone, tv, video games etc...

Oh man, that is NOT a nice preteen. Geesh. Hopefully he can regroup and bounce back from this one with a new outlook. And LOL at the Texas Squirrel. Hopefully you win!

Old 05-24-2023, 12:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
Having a shopping day with a friend tomorrow and finally(!) getting my hair trimmed and colored on Thursday! I waited a little too long to make the appointment and I need to get this grey out soon!!

The weather here in northern IL has been perfect -upper 70's mid 80's with zero humidity!

Ha! We usually wing it everyday - each morning the magic question is "what do you want for dinner?" lol. It's usually something quick and easy ... hamburgers / salad - steak / salad - or sometimes "fend for yourself"!

Getting geared up for our 10 day anniversary trip to the mountains in NC in June.
I love easy dinners. Right now I'm looking for lunch and all this dinner talk is making me more hungry. I really need to go eat too, because I have a meeting in a little over an hour.

Old 05-24-2023, 12:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
What's going on this week? I just returned to the Philippines after being gone for a whole year! So far, my week has been filled with unpacking and shopping for all the things that broke or mildewed while we were gone. (I don't know why we thought pillows would be usable after spending a year in a closet in an unairconditioned house in the tropics!)
What's the weather like in your area? Like being in a sauna with the heat turned to "survival unlikely."
What's on the menu this week? My kids want Filipino food, but if I'm being honest, there will probably be a lot of take out.
Anyone doing anything fun? or is work and life as usual? Being back is super fun to me, even if I'm just running around bleeding money!
Here's a pic of my girl with her cat; I don't know which one of them was the happiest to see the other. That cat hasn't left her side since we got back. : )

ROFL this whole post is hilarious. "survival unlikely" is the best!!!

I hope that you all can rest, cool off, and enjoy life back there.

Old 05-24-2023, 12:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
We have standardized testing today and tomorrow - we are homeschoolers and it's not required for our state, but my 16yr loves these types of tests. He also has prom tonight - on a Tuesday and has testing tomorrow... he said he won't stay long. Otherwise trying to finish up school year so we can start our summer lessons.

Lovely - it's in the upper 70s into the low 80's. No humidity. I wish this was the weather all summer! The birds are driving me nuts. Since 2020 we have had soooo many birds - yet my mom who lives .5mile away has like none. These aren't normal birds... we have "Karen" a Robin who is not scared of people and will squawk telling you exactly why she has a problem with you - her nest is under our deck. Now we have Bob and Bev Bickerson - two grackles that sit on the fence and one will just yap, yap, yap at the other one... then the male will move down a few feet and the female will follow, still yapping. They just had twins, we call them Bobby and Betty... one yap, yap, yaps at their sibling and the sibling just sits there, staring off into space.

Whatever Six Sisters tells me - I use their menu plans with Fed and Fit.

Getting ready for camping Memorial Weekend - we had our shake down trip last weekend to see what we are missing (we unload almost everything as our RV is stored over winter and don't want mice to get into it all). And I'm trying to get our curriculum ready for summer... but little motivation to do so.

ROFL a "Karen" bird. That is too funny, Hopefully she won't get too out of hand.

Old 05-24-2023, 12:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
Senior Everything! Tuesday - Senior Award Night, Wednesday we're doing a final spring round of Senior photos, Thursday Senior class parade, Sunday, 18th birthday celebration (with lots of yard work thrown in this weekend)

Pleasant, it's been like 50's in the mornings, 70s in the afternoons.

Nothing exciting, we are going out to dinner tonight.

This week is like the busiest of the year I think.

SOunds like lots of senior fun and busyness for you. Enjoy it

Old 05-24-2023, 07:24 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

What's going on this week? End of my son's sophomore year.

What's the weather like in your area? Much hotter than it should be this early. It was 93 degrees yesterday which broke the record high. It's like August temps in May.

What's on the menu this week? Um...I was just thinking about this. I need to grocery shop soon. Thinking of ordering Indian tomorrow cause that always lasts us a couple of days.

Anyone doing anything fun? or is work and life as usual? I want to do something fun this weekend but my kiddo is going to a bunch of friends' graduation parties.
Old 05-24-2023, 09:32 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

What's going on this week? Sickness has swamped the Zhang's household... *sigh* Monday, dear son came back before lunch from school, crying of discomfort. Tuesday, hubby came home with high fever from work. This morning, I started sneezing and dear daughter has had runny nose... Man, I am beat.
What's the weather like in your area? It's alternating between super sunny to super cloudy.
What's on the menu this week? Porridge, lots of vitamin C, orange juice and beef stew that I cooked last night.
Anyone doing anything fun? or is work and life as usual? Eeerrr, I wish.