Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Gallery Comments...

When you leave comments in the gallery, do you try to make a personal comment or do you find that you make a general statement?

The reason I ask is that while I was on CT teams, I had to post at DST and I'd participate in the Praise Game to try to give some exposure to the store I CT'd for. I just went over there for the first time in about a month, and had comments on my layouts. Well, 3 of them were from the same girl, on 3 different layouts. Every one said "wonderful page". No capitals, no period... nothing. It was an obvious copy & paste and probably made because the rule of the game is that you have to comment on the layout above yours.

Now, generally speaking, I LOVE when people comment on my pages. I know that they don't have to do it. But really? I'd rather it be an actual, genuine comment than a forced one. Even if I don't care for the page, I always find something nice and genuine to say, such as that I like the kit used, the color combo, that the journalling was touching, etc. That said, sometimes all I'll say is that the page is beautiful & I love it, BUT even in my short comments, I mean it. I don't just plop words down.

Anyways, not sure why I just spilled that all out there. I guess fake comments really annoy me, haha!

Huge fan of:

Old 09-08-2010, 11:50 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I try to leave something genuine that shows I actually looked at the layout before commenting. I think the "wonderful page" comments are people who just want their post number to go higher.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I try my best to leave a genuine comment too. I'd rather not leave a comment at all than leave a copy/paste style one, kwim?
Old 09-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think that if you comment, you should make a 'real' comment. I usually only comment on LOs that I like and I comment on the LOs that I look at. I kind of think it is funny when someone takes to time to open the LO and look and then not say anything... and I defnitely comment before I put it in my favorite folder.

I think the only time I might look butnot comment is when the sneak peeks are going on. Many times, the LOs that are made with the kit tip me over into making the purchase.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I try to leave genuine comments, sometimes it might say beautiful or stunning, but that's cause that's what I genuinely thought when looking at it.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:24 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Totally agree with you! I mean, I don't want to sound like a snob but it really bugs me when people leave generic comments on layouts, and for that matter, BLOGS! "Nice blog, follow me" um what?

It's not hard to actually LOOK at the page and point out exactly what you love about the layout you're commenting on... Even if you don't think "Wow, I wanna add that to my faves", there's bound to be something you can compliment! I know I always make the effort to leave comments like those, and return the favour to those that do the same
Old 09-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I always try to leave something that is genuine & personal about the page, photos, journaling.

Sometimes all I can say is I love it, no specific reason why it just stikes my 'love it' bone, KWIM?! I always try to say something if I visit a page, even if it isn't what I thought it would be, it was catching enough to open it.

I'm not a fan of the copy/paste comments that seem be the craze over at that gallery.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OMG...I sooo agree with this! No matter what, I can always find something that I like about a LO. I'm not into copied and pasted comments. Why bother, kwim?

And to those of you who do take the time to make nice, sincere comments (and I think that's pretty much everyone here), THANK YOU so much. It really means a lot.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't comment on pages I don't like, so my praise is always sincere.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I haven't read any of the reponse yet so this may be a repeat but here are my thought.

When I comment it is always sincere and I try and post something specific (whatever made me click on the LO) but sometimes it really is just a wonderful/pretty page and that is what I say.

Now regarding comments on my page, I don't care about comments, don't get me wrong I appreciate every single one I get....but if I get zero comments on a page it just doesn't matter to me. I scrap so my kids will always remember their "life", not to please other people.

And something you have to remember at DST is that many many MANY of those girls don't even speak english...let alone know how to write full sentences in our language. So when ever I get that "nice page/wonderful layout/beautiful work" comment many many times in a row I just chalk it up to an non-english speaking scrapper and know that may be the only way she can express what she does find beautiful about my page!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 09-09-2010, 09:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I always have a good look at the page before I comment, and make sure I give a genuine compliment. I love SSD for all the lovely comments people leave on layouts. Even when I play the praise game at DST I still leave genuine comments, but so many don't.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I honestly rarely even look at my DST comments. I love the comments here, though!
Old 09-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummytothree View Post
And something you have to remember at DST is that many many MANY of those girls don't even speak english...let alone know how to write full sentences in our language. So when ever I get that "nice page/wonderful layout/beautiful work" comment many many times in a row I just chalk it up to an non-english speaking scrapper and know that may be the only way she can express what she does find beautiful about my page!!!
That's the way I feel, too.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:04 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Ohhhh... I totally agree. I hate when that happens. It's so obvious that they are just trying to meet a quota of some sort. I think it's always the really genuine ones that make your day to read. My almost always say something about my clustering. I must be the cluster queen. LOL New to this site though, so still gotta load in my gallery.