Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2024, 03:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Where do you keep your printed layouts or albums?

I keep mine I. Our huge entertainment center, but I had them in the corner cabinets that were closed, I thought it would look nice to move them to the front where the glass cabinet was and maybe it would encourage the kids to pull them out. Except I seriously understand estimates the space. I still have one 12x12 book of prints that wouldn?t fit. Now I need to do some rearranging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2024, 06:21 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Vanessa you are so so organized! I am in love with all your pretty, thin books. I scrap out of order just to keep it fresh and fun (unless I am making a book.) So I print my pages then put them in a black album, but seeing how little room yours takes has me feeling like I need to rethink my method! I aslo have SO many paper scrapped books from 1995 until the early 2000's that I really want to digitize and print into books. So right now they all take up SOOOOO much room! (The larger albums up top are paper scrapped and the thinner lower ones are digital.) At least they are all in matching albums right?

Last edited by amyjcaz; 01-23-2024 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-23-2024, 09:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjcaz View Post
Vanessa you are so so organized! I am in love with all your pretty, thin books. I scrap out of order just to keep it fresh and fun (unless I am making a book.) So I print my pages then put them in a black album, but seeing how little room yours takes has me feeling like I need to rethink my method! I aslo have SO many paper scrapped books from 1995 until the early 2000's that I really want to digitize and print into books. So right now they all take up SOOOOO much room! (The larger albums up top are paper scrapped and the thinner lower ones are digital.) At least they are all in matching albums right?
Thank you.

Absolutely! I love how yours are all the same color.

I scrap out of order sometimes, I usually just wait to print until I have a certain time period. Usually January - August or September, then October - December, and if we have a big trip, I have individual albums for our 2020 Yellowstone Trip and 3 Disney trips.
Old 01-23-2024, 10:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have mine in my office. We have built in shelves & they are really just shoved into the corner where they fit-they are too wide to fit onto the shelves normally. I have mostly 12x12 binder type albums. When we moved here and I realized how unwieldy they are, I was hoping to start printing into books, but so far I've never completed a year. I'm slowly but surely making progress.

Old 01-24-2024, 09:45 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I put my layouts in Creative Memories 12x12 albums. The majority of them are on a bookcase. Some others are on a Longaberger wrought iron shelf. And, I've had to move a few to the bottom shelf of my tv stand. All are displayed in the living room. These include both traditional albums and those with my digital layouts.

My albums are organized by theme, not year so actually printing a Shutterfly book would take forever. The albums are also labeled so I've already told family that they can take the albums for their families when I'm gone, no having to divide things up!
Old 01-24-2024, 10:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My smaller scrapbooks and Shutterfly books are all over the house and I rotate them occasionally so they get flipped through. I also need to think about digitizing my paper layouts to take up less space. Those albums are currently in the garage.
Old 01-24-2024, 11:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My old paper scrapbooks are in the hall closet, because they are so big, those are all pre 2005.
Old 02-02-2024, 05:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to keep my albums on my bookshelf in our living room, but our bookshelf got moved to the basement hallways due to space, so that is where the albums are too! It is a mix of my Creative Memories Albums on one shelf and my Shutterfly printed albums on another. I need to print more albums, I think that is a goal for this year! I should make my goal to fill another shelf so I need more space! That sounds good to me (probably not to my husband though!) We are looking to redo our entry/Living Room sometime in the next month or 2. I wonder if there is a way to design a shelf for my albums so they are actually accessible to the main part of the house. May have to think that over!