Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 11-14-2017, 02:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Qotd: Which historical figure would you like to meet? (11/14)

Which historical figure would you like to meet?
And why? What would you ask him/her?

Old 11-17-2017, 09:29 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Jane Austen.
I love to read and I'm a sucker for anything from her genre / time period. Essentially anything learned from in school. Bronte sisters, Austen, Hemingway, etc. The main thing I would ask her would be are her headstrong female characters based on herself in someway and basically just being able to meet such an iconic writer would be amazing.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Amelia Earhart! I wanted to know what made her decide to travel alone. Where she landed and what happened to her.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:27 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Queen Elizabeth I. Her life fascinates me, what she accomplished a woman back in her time is unbelievable. Add that her mother was executed, her father shunned her, she fought for her life on more than one occasion and she was always fighting for her crown, choosing to 'marry' her country rather than give it up.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, & L.M. Montgomery would be top of the list. Imagine having dinner with the three of them! I evidently have a thing for authors with initials.

I'm not even sure I would feel worthy of speaking to Martin Luther King, Jr. I'd love to just follow him around and see how he speaks to and interacts with others.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:30 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

JFK... I have been learning so much about him and his presidency recently... I would ask him if he had a chance to do it all again, would he do anything different? Would he change anything about his short lived presidency? (I'm guessing he wouldn't have gone to Dallas?) I'm just fascinated by him and Jackie <3
Old 11-19-2017, 12:27 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Mahatma Ghandi, Mother Theresa & Princess Diana. The three of them represent love, kindness & respect for human life. I am always humbled and in awe of their goodness & admire them immensely. My question to them would be what was the source of their inspiration to serve & how it has changed their lives. I would also like to know what was the biggest influence in their lives.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ann & Adoniram Judson. They were some of the first missionaries sent from North America. He stayed in Burma for 40 years without a furlough, so when he came back to the States for the first time, he had trouble speaking in English. They endured so many hard things, and when he was imprisoned, she followed him throughout his captivity, advocating for his release. His life's work was translating the Bible into Burmese, and his translation is still used today, almost 200 years later. I would love to hear from them what life was like in Burma then, and to know how they had joy through it all.