Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-05-2012, 03:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default When do you guys start school clothes shopping

I keep thinking I'm ready to start shopping, I picked up a couple shirts for Keira last week at The Children's place, and I got a couple shirts and pants today at Old Navy for Cooper. But a lot of places still have summer stuff out.

When do you usually start? School doesn't start back here until after Labor Day. And, where are your favorite places to get school clothes at?

Last edited by nesser1981; 07-05-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to haydensmommy217

Probably some time this month or the beginning of this month when ever some stores have back to school sales

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.
I have guested for Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Traci Reed, and Krystal Hartley.

♥♥Facebook♥♥Pinterest♥♥Gallery♥♥
Old 07-05-2012, 03:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so glad our kids have a school uniform to wear. Takes all the angst out of getting dressed each morning (and clothes shopping too).
Old 07-05-2012, 03:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
I'm so glad our kids have a school uniform to wear. Takes all the angst out of getting dressed each morning (and clothes shopping too).
You know, I wish they wore uniforms here.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well we start in just over a month so I'm planning on waiting till right before school starts. I want to make sure they will be big enough and not out grow them in a week. :/
Old 07-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just buy stuff as the kids need it. I don't do formal school clothes shopping. I might pick up one or two things, but it's generally still summer-ish for a few weeks once school starts and then I'll reassess what they need.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

we usually start shopping a couple weeks before school starts.and we start august 17. i like to get my school clothes at justice or stores in the mall. but i like other stores to.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Rachel goes back to school August 15. I've been picking up stuff during the summer...mainly a few shirts and dresses. Trying to get one or two things each week, saving the pants for last because it is sooo hard to find pants to fit her.

We have an outlet mall about 5 minutes from our house, and with the Gymboree and Osh Kosh sales lately, it's been soooo tempting to go on a big spending spree, but the budget keeps stopping me...go figure!
Old 07-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are headed on a road trip in a couple weeks by an outlet mall, I was really hoping they might have some school items out by then!
Old 07-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

They always get to pick out a back to school outfit but I really try to just buy as they need things. The kids will still be in shorts through October so there's not really a need for a new wardrobe unless things are worn or outgrown.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My little guy wears a uniform which makes school shopping so much easier. I just wait until Old Navy has a sale
Old 07-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

my kids just got out of school last thursday and don't start until september 5th - so i'm going to wait a little while. usually i just buy one new outfit for the first day of school (i might do that sometime the summer if i see something i like) and otherwise i really wait until the weather starts changing and i see what size they are.

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 07-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara View Post
I just buy stuff as the kids need it. I don't do formal school clothes shopping. I might pick up one or two things, but it's generally still summer-ish for a few weeks once school starts and then I'll reassess what they need.
This! I buy throughout the year as she grows and as things go on sale. We do a shopping trip to the "big city" the weekend of Cheyanne's birthday (which is usually about 5 days before school starts) but it's not necessarily for school clothes. We get basics (bras, panties, socks, gym shoes) and usually get some other things, but not with school in mind specifically. It is usually pretty warm until the end of September and she just wears her summer clothes.

I find that by shopping this way I hit the sales because by the time we're ready for fall clothes they first winter line is coming out and the fall lines are deeply discounted By the time we're ready for spring/summer clothes those have been out a couple months and are discounted too.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I started a few weeks ago
Old 07-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I usually buy the first day of school outfit in August and then hold off for the rest until more fall stuff hits the stores. Usually find deals during Labor Day weekend. We typically shop at The Children's Place, Old Navy, Target and Crazy 8.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I usually don't start until a few weeks before school starts, but I did pick up a few pairs of jeans and some winter tops when they had everything clearanced this past spring. Made sure I got everything a size bigger lol.

I like to buy for the girls at the regulars, lol - Old Navy, The Children's Place, Target. My girls are really hard on clothes on the playground - they rarely outgrow jeans, I usually have to trash them when they wear out the knees so I hate spending a ton on clothes.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

We don't school shop. They just get one outfit to start school with. I do Fall/Winter shopping in the Fall, and Spring/Summer shopping in the Spring...back to school is not at one of those times LOL. Fall isn't till October in Kentucky and school begins Aug 15th so we're good for the first few months
Old 07-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Although my son has been out of school for a while and wouldn't wear what I bought him anyway, I do school clothes shopping for my aunt's twin daughter because she is financially unable. Since I do not have a lot of money either, I shop for them all year round. My sister and I always check out clearance racks and sales every time we go into a store. It's pretty much a habit. It does get tricky with the sizes, for instance I picked up some long sleeves t-shirt for layering purposes at JCP when they were on a really good clearance, but the girls have "developed" and gone up a size, so they are going to be too small. Luckily I didn't spend a lot, so I can donate them and not feel too bad about it.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My kids tend to go up a size at the end of the school year and get their summer stuff in the next size, so I have to buy all new clothes for fall. Some of our shopping happens 6 months ahead, like buying new fall shirts when the spring clothes come out and fall/winter goes on clearance. Then I shop in late July or early August, usually starting at Kohls and then filling in from other stores as needed. It's a balancing act; I want to wait until the sales start, but I can't wait too long because 2 of my kids are hard to fit and I need to go while the selection is still good. We start school in early Sept and are in fall clothes by late Sept.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

My mom, my sister and I have a tradition- every year just before school starts we hit the outlet mall. This year we're going July 28th. My favorite stores (all at the outlet) for Luke are Gap, Old Navy, Osh Kosh (I think he may be getting a little old, though), Children's Place, and I like to get thermal long-sleeved shirts to put under tees at Gymboree.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I bought T-shirts for the boys at The Children's Place last week when they had their $4.99 sale. Jason and Seth are the same size now so I need double the clothes...no more hand me downs! We'll hit up JCPenney and Kohl's for jeans and jean shorts and TCP one more time for shirts. We may hit the mall and stop by Abercrombie Kids and Gap too and see what they have.

The two bigger boys have outgrown Carters (except for pjs) so we just buy the little guy's stuff there.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Uniforms are a lifesaver! No big school shopping here except shoes and socks, etc

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 07-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

My 11 y/o is HARD on his jeans so I ususally buy him 5 pair to start the year out and then pick him more up throughout the year at Old Navy. My dd 6 HATES jeans cause they don't fit her right in the waist, so I tend to buy her leggings, dresses (that can be layered over a long t-shirt) and ususally just long sleeve shirts at Old Navy. and my 5 y/o is startig to outgrow his jeans again so I'll probably wait for the back to school sales and shop in Oregon on Labor Day weekend where there is no sales tax I bought some school supplies today at Wal-Mart!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
This is what I do. It's hot (or warm) here until mid to late October, so I just wait and see what she needs when the time comes. Casey shops pretty exclusively at Rue 21, so I just grab things she needs when they have their sales.

Last edited by KyRainbow; 07-05-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When ever I find a clearance sale!!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm one who doesn't specifically do back to school shopping. I either buy in advance as I find sales/clearances, etc. or I buy as they need it if I haven't stocked up on a specific size. We do try and get a special back to school outfit though, something nice to wear on the first day because I know I'll be taking a ton of pictures. If not for the pictures I wouldn't worry about what they wear that first day back.

I've already picked up a few outfits for my daughter and I bought my son 15 t-shirts at $1 each back right before school got out. He loves characters, especially gaming characters and these are all character shirts so they are right up his ally. If I had MY way he would dress in plaid shorts and polo shirts all the time but he is who he is and he likes what he likes so I go with it. He will happily wear those t-shirts to school and I was happy to have a bunch of shopping done for him for just a few dollars. I also bought him 3 pair of jeans at like $3 each so that was nice. I've also picked up several outfits for DD already. She picked one out at Justice for her birthday, I found some cute stuff at the thrift store and we hit some clearance specials other places. She also has some stuff from last fall that was big on her and got very little wear because of that so she's good to wear those this year.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I did mine a couple weeks ago. Everything I bought was on sale I live in Texas, so I find it necessary to shop early before all the fall/winter clothes come out. I like to buy about a week's worth or new shirts and shorts for them to start the year with. Once fall hits, all I really need to add to their wardrobe is a few pair of jeans. I generally shop at Gymboree, Crazy 8, Old Navy, the Children's Place, and JCPenney. Once school gets closer, I will need to take them to get a new pair of tennis shoes - they wear those things into the ground!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I buy stuff as it goes on sale. I got a bunch of fall/winter stuff back in May, just bought it a size too big. I'll buy spring/summer stuff probably starting next month when it goes on sale.

They go back Aug 23 & will probably be in shorts until late September & still wearing short sleeves until mid October. I just keep some 'nice shirts' off to the side during the summer for them to wear once school starts.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
This.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My 2 haven't even finished for Summer so I definitely haven't bought stuff yet lol. They go back around the 5/6th September so I normally buy the stuff in Mid August, but I order the school jumpers on the day they break up so they are usually ordered and back in the school on their first day back

It's all uniforms here so it's black trousers, white polo shirts, black shoes and the school jumper so nothing's too hard to get my hands on