Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-10-2018, 08:52 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Of allllll the kits in the store.. of all time

What kit spoke to you the most or made you feel like that kit was created just for you? Do you have any special stories to share (or a layout :P) about why it was so meaningful?

Apologies in advance if this thread makes you wish you had a kit that is now retired. I know my favourite is retired too!

I've adored this kit by misty (which is now retired) forever and ever.. and I don't think it would have ever gotten old Sometimes I miss the older days of digi kits when everything was just a wee bit simpler. I love (love) the ocean but we don't get there a lot but we do have a lot of pretty lakes nearby and I felt that this kit was so perfect for rocky/coast ocean landscapes as well as the lakes near me.

ALSO let's make it a two part post (if you're still with me). When it comes to looking back at layouts - do you feel more nostalgic or do you start critiquing your layouts and what you wish you did differently with skills you have now compared to then? I'm definitely mostly in the first category and I just get so nostalgic and don't really care much if my layout is outdated.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have any kit that I feel was made specifically for me. I mean I shop kits for photos that I've taken, but none screamed "this is for me". Now if a military child or military kit (that isn't generic) is made, then maybe that one!

Outside of that, none of the ones that I purchased have been this wow, this designer was reading my mind. I did like Grace's cherry blossom kit that she released this week. I was sad about missing the blossoms back in DC, missing their beauty, missing home. So when I saw layouts in the gallery with it, I knew I needed to have it so I could scrap some more of my photos!

As far as the second part of your post---I critique my layouts and cringe. While my children LOVE looking at the printed albums, I refuse to look at them because they are so horrible!! I'm even that way with the ones that I'm holding on to print. I look at them and think "why did I do that?" or I go find the working tiff file and try to fix it. I have to keep telling myself that it's a reflection of my growth and learning of this craft---it's like my 13 year old, keep your earlier stuff and see how far you've come. Just sometimes I get caught up in the moment and I find myself fussing over something on a layout.

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 04-11-2018 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This kit. Is my favorite kit OF ALL TIME until forever and ever AMEN. It is 1000% ME. (Even though it is also 1000% my children.) I love it so much.

Looking back - I feel mostly nostalgic. I don't love my super early layouts but like...2010-2012 me was killing it. But really, I love looking back at all the photos and stories I've documented. It makes me so happy!

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 04-10-2018, 09:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Honestly, there are tons ... but the PNW kit that Misty made of course is close to my heart (see my very old signature).

Old 04-10-2018, 11:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm with Sheri on the PNW kit- I've used it multiple times- I think I've used EVERY single element in it! It helps that I grew up there & live only a few hours away & visit often!

As far as looking at older layouts- I'm usually nostalgic- I do 'see' my scrapbooking, but usually laugh at my ridiculous shadows (or lack thereof!) rather than critique!
Old 04-11-2018, 12:12 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
Honestly, there are tons ... but the PNW kit that Misty made of course is close to my heart (see my very old signature).
What is PNW?
Old 04-11-2018, 12:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
What is PNW?
Pacific Northwest
Old 04-11-2018, 01:01 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Pacific Northwest
Oh....I'm learning lots of things today! I'm not keeping up with these initials that many are using.

Thanks for the help on that one. We are slowly making our way across the country. This is the furthest west we've ever lived. Maybe one day we'll get out west to live but then again, maybe not.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I literally just spent the last four episodes of Brooklyn 99 trying to decide which kit was the MOST made for me.

I finally settled on All the Sweet Flavors by La. I miss her so much and her watercolor rainbows.

I both feel nostalgic and critical of my layouts, but honestly the last 8 years are not so bad compared to the ones that came before!
Old 04-11-2018, 04:53 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Without a doubt... Bewitching by Kristin.

It's retired but I still use it over and over again.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well its hard to narrow it down to one, but I'd have to say this one, which happens to be in the Oldies But Goodies sale right now . Kristin designed it based on my suggestion ... and I have used it many times for my outdoorsy photos. Being out in nature is mine and my kids' happy place, looking after and appreciating our environment is one of our core values, and my job is actually in environmental protection... so yeah, its kind of perfect! (In fact I could probably say that about all of Kristin's Great Outdoors kits!).

Old 04-11-2018, 08:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This one screamed, "This is you!" the moment I saw it. I've scrapped two mother's days with this so far.

However, I begged for this one and it is also totally me. Just another side of me.

I don't look back at my old layouts too much because they are not printed, so I don't critique myself. I just enjoy the act of scrapping.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:54 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No no no no! It is just TOO HARD to narrow it down. I love too many kits!!!
Old 04-11-2018, 09:15 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I think these are mine! For my happy place. lol

Old 04-11-2018, 09:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's so very hard I have several but the one that spoke to me most when I need a prom album for my daughter was Everyday Beautiful Collection: By Zoe Pearn and Studio Flergs which is now retired I hope its ok to add images of retired kits. Every detail about it was perfect I just added realistic greens I have to have the greens. His tux was black, her dress was gold and her flowers were a soft pink.

Here are a few of the pages I made with it

Old 04-11-2018, 09:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You knew I was going to say this kit, right, KCB?!?!?

'The Greatest Showman' is my favorite movie of all time and 'This is Me' is my favorite song from that movie so, naturally, this is the most 'me-est' kit I've ever seen in the shoppe.

I've already scrapped my love for the movie (before this kit came out) so I have it in my stash and will be using it sometime soon with a cute selfie.

It doesn't bother me to look at old layouts. They are moments frozen in time, and I enjoy looking at the old styles and old kits almost as much as I like looking at the old photos and old stories.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

oh my gosh, I think it would take me forever to choose a favorite kit.

As for part two.... when I look back on my layouts I get VERY critical. Not always because of my work.... sometimes a kit that would better match my photos comes along. Most times I will re-scrap the photos with the better matching kit.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:00 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh this is too hard!! I would have to think really long and hard!!

I usually cringe while looking at my older layouts. I’m a perfectionist I guess.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have way too many favorites!!! Gimme ALL the boho kits!!! Flowers, feathers, butterflies...that's my jam!!!!
I'm not even kidding - I searched the word bohemian and ALL my favorites were in there
Old 04-11-2018, 01:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A question that is impossible to answer with just one kit. As long as I can keeo buying KCB and Flergs kits I'm set. The Great Outdoors series is a big favourite and I've used them over and over. Also I love to mix and match between KCB's kits.

I look back on old layouts and I enjoy the memories, but some of them could use som tweaking.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
I just bought this in hopes to get outdoors and scrap the area that we live, while my husband is stationed here. I hadn't noticed it before the sale this week, so I'm glad to see layouts using it!
Old 04-11-2018, 02:25 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I actually have had a couple kits designed for me. The designers here are so awesome. Here's a couple requests that designers made for me.
One is KCB's beautiful Country Road was a request I had for a pretty country kit. Still love this one.

Also Heather's Lil Stinker was made to match these pjs.

And Krystal & Amy made this kit to match my bedroom. I used to it to help decorate. Though sadly, I accidently deleted it from my hard drive.

Traci made a couple of kits from requests I made. This bounce house one:

And the Monster Truck one.

That's the only ones I can think of that were literally made for me. I really miss theme-y kits. They are still my favorites. These might be pretty old, but that's ok to me.

Last edited by lovely1m; 04-11-2018 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I definitely have a few!

KCB's Good Morning Sunshine (retired) is one of my ALL time favs!

KCB's Press Pause

And last but certainly not least - River~Rose's I Am Enough
Old 04-11-2018, 10:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If I had to pick JUST ONE... I think it would be this one:

I've used it a lot!

Meghan Mullens literally created one for me that is no longer in the store

Old 04-12-2018, 12:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Of course, there are too many kits I love LOVe but the Drama Queen by Blagovesta really got me when she released it.

I was like "Whaaat? Did she create it for me? That's SO me!" Even my DH agreed. So I had to use it immediately but it didn't match my photos outfit the first time so I had to slightly recolor:

The next time I used it as it is because it did match my outfit lol

As to the next question - I feel nostalgic looking at old layouts. I do see how I could improve them but it doesn't bother me at all. I just look at the photos I've forgotten and my scrapping style back then. I wouldn't change them (especially if they're printed out).
--
Mama to Albert
Old 04-12-2018, 11:34 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh wow! I started looking through my previews to find one and just couldn't choose. I have way too many right now that haven't even been used once!
Old 04-15-2018, 12:10 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm no longer high tech with the previews, but my most used fave was Julie's HUSH. And my 'had to have it because it was so beautiful' was KCB's GLOW.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:20 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'd have to pick 5 or 10 kits, not one. There are certain kits that are perfect for each of my kids, some that are exactly what I'd want for family photos, etc. I can't think of 1 specific kit that I'd say is "me."

I get a little critical of my very early layouts (2004-2006, maybe even up to 2008), but I can also appreciate the photos and memories captured. I'm mostly just glad to have those memories made tangible, otherwise there's so much I would have forgotten.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2018, 03:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This one from Blagovesta is very dear to me as she made it at my request. This kit is me. Fits me to the T and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect version of it. Everything about it is pure gorgeousness.

Old 04-16-2018, 03:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammybean04 View Post
This one from Blagovesta is very dear to me as she made it at my request. This kit is me. Fits me to the T and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect version of it. Everything about it is pure gorgeousness.

What a fun, bright kit, Tammy!!
Old 04-21-2018, 03:52 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

This kit TOTALLY describes my feelings directly before the summer holidays, and it's the one kit I'm using EVERY SINGLE YEAR for my PL... for the last week before the summer break.