Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default What are your plans for the weekend?

My husband and I are going to the zoo with my niece tomorrow. I have not seen her in a long time (well I saw her tonight) but her mom and I sort of had a falling out and didnt talk for a few months. Then on Sunday we are going to go see CHARLIE DANIELS!!!!!!!! I am sooooo freaking excited. We were supposed to go see him like two years ago but my husband didnt feel well so we didnt get to go. We are also seeing Travis Tritt as well at the same concert (concerts at Busch Gardens so its free for us to see since we have passes). I love Travis Tritt too but I have been listening to Charlie Daniels since I was probably 5!! So so sooooooo excited!!!! So what are your plans for the weekend?

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 03-05-2011, 02:52 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

It's Iditarod weekend here...
Old 03-05-2011, 05:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've just moved across town in time for university

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 03-05-2011, 05:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Basketball. And more basketball. Basketball for the next 3 weekends. LOL - DD is on a travel league basketball team and she has a tournament that starts this morning at 9:00 AM. It's a round robin of 8 teams and she will play at least 2 games today and 1 tomorrow - more if they win any of those
3, which they should, but I don't want to jinx them.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Today, nothing...tomorrow, we are going on a daytrip to Luxembourg.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:01 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

We're hitting the Irish Fest today!!! We haven't been in twelve years, and we're both so stinkin' excited about it! Weather, babies, sickies, and just being broke have all conspired against us in some fashion all these years. Twice we just plumb forgot to check the dates. So we're going to be spending the whole day listening to Celtic music of all traditions, and soaking up the culture! It's one of our favorite genres of music, so we're stoked!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Baldwin View Post
We're hitting the Irish Fest today!!! We haven't been in twelve years, and we're both so stinkin' excited about it! Weather, babies, sickies, and just being broke have all conspired against us in some fashion all these years. Twice we just plumb forgot to check the dates. So we're going to be spending the whole day listening to Celtic music of all traditions, and soaking up the culture! It's one of our favorite genres of music, so we're stoked!
That sounds awesome, Darcy! DH and I would both love that. Have a great time!

Old 03-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWolf View Post
No Carnaval for you in the south of Holland? Or are you escaping?

For me, we take things easy this weekend. Today we have eating plans with friends and tomorrow nothing....washing my car inside and out...yes (sigh) and some scrapping if my mojo is back.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Baldwin View Post
Oh, that sounds like fun! We used to go every year when we lived in Dayton, OH, but haven't really found one around here. I'm sure there must be one in the DC area somewhere but we just haven't found it.

Today is my younger son's Odyssey of the Mind tournament, so that's where we'll be most of the day today. It's my older son's 12th birthday today; he's off camping with the Boy Scouts, though, so we'll be celebrating it tomorrow.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 03-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My husband & I were totally talking about going to Busch Gardens tomorrow as well for the concert! But the concert is a bit too late for our kids so we'd have to get someone to agree to watch them.

I have an eye appointment today. I failed the vision test at the DMV & they won't let me renew my ID until I have an appointment. May take the kids to the beach today. Our town is also having a BBQ fest with live music so we may stop by there if we don't go to the beach.

Last edited by SweetMelissa; 03-05-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am so jealous - I can't wait until it's time for days at the beach! That's at least 3 months away for us, and that's if we have a nice warm June. Hopefully the 4th of July will see beach weather!
Old 03-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I turn 40 today We're making it a fun family day-donuts for breakfast and then we're going to see Gnomeo and Juliet. We pretty much always see movies in the dollar theaters where they don't do 3D, so I think that we'll even get to see it in 3D! and have snacks at the theater, LOL!! Each of the kiddos got me a couple of presents so they are planning on scattering them throughout the day. We're going out for dinnner, too. It should be fun.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shupe View Post
I turn 40 today We're making it a fun family day-donuts for breakfast and then we're going to see Gnomeo and Juliet. We pretty much always see movies in the dollar theaters where they don't do 3D, so I think that we'll even get to see it in 3D! and have snacks at the theater, LOL!! Each of the kiddos got me a couple of presents so they are planning on scattering them throughout the day. We're going out for dinnner, too. It should be fun.
Happy Birthday, Amy!
Old 03-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to g6scrapped

My parents are on their way here to babysit so my husband and I can go away for the night

Old 03-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leontine78 View Post
No Carnaval for you in the south of Holland? Or are you escaping?
We are escaping!!! DH used to be in a samba band so carnaval was mandatory every year, but he quit a few years ago and now we just stay home or escape. This year we are escaping so we can enjoy our new car.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We don't celebrate Carnaval here in the west. But I don't think it's something for me either!
Old 03-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

we're taking the kids to see rango this am. i think we're more excited than they are LOL
then, we found a great deal on a ds lite and since m's bday is in a month, we're going to stop and get that for her today.

it's an 'i hate kids' day so that'll probably be about it. we all have cabin fever so bad it's horrible.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

We are headed to Great Wolf Lodge this afternoon. We do some sort of big thing for the kids 5th birthdays... Abby picked Branson, and this is JJ's.... so we spend the night there tonight then come home later tomorrow evening.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm jealous! I've seen previews for Great Wolf Lodge and it looks so awesome!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:54 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We're going to Dave & Buster's for the first time with some friends of ours to celebrate our 30th b-days and spending the night. Our friend turned 30 in february, Sean turns 30 on Tuesday and I turn 30 on the 19th.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Vanessa you turn 30 the day after I turn 35

Sounds like everyone is having a great weekend. The zoo was T-I-R-I-N-G!! I have totally forgot how much energy a 9 year old has LOL. She got her face painted today. She got it done up as a unicorn (I wanted her to do a bird it was all purple/pink/aqua). The unicorn was pink/yellow/white. They were both really cute. Afterwards we went to the store then got something to eat and took it to the park. Then we took her home. Turned out my sister needed me to keep her til 6:00 tonight which I didnt know. So it was a pretty long day.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Now you're talking! :-))) Tell us (tell me) how you liked it. ;-)

Old 03-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I spent the weekend updating my singing time files. I do the singing time in our children's Sunday school and I have been updating my files and getting my activities ready for the next few months.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm hoping to scrap today!
Old 03-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Well, my plan WAS to go out to Red Rock Canyon for a family photo session yesterday...however, I would up with a sinus infection (I think)...if my hubby will come in (he has been working on his car for 2 days straight) and watch Rachel, I'll go up to the Minute Clinic and see if I can get something for it.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ours has been pretty quiet, for once. DH is working graveyards so he sleeps a good portion of the morning, usually until around lunch time. Then we've just been hanging out at home.

It's his 44th birthday today & we're doing nothing (I didn't know his schedule, he's on call in basis for work so....but apparently if I did plan something it would only be with my family-according to MIL) Speaking of which, they're stopping by around wake up time so--BLEH! Top that off with DH going in for a 12 hour shift tonight at 7..it'll be a long day.

I got several pieces of my new marketing set done last night so it'll be ready to print in a week or so & I think I have some scrapping mojo today!! WOOT!
Old 03-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
Now you're talking! :-))) Tell us (tell me) how you liked it. ;-)
Oh girl! We LOVE Luxembourg, always have. Just haven't had a chance to visit for a very long time. We actually plan on retiring in Luxembourg when DH turns 65. We had a lovely, 10 hour drive, with a few stops added in.

We didn't get to the city this trip, matter of fact we rarely ever actually get to the city when we go, but maybe one of these trips we'll plan on a city trip and maybe we can meet up for a cup of coffee, lunch or something.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leontine78 View Post
We don't celebrate Carnaval here in the west. But I don't think it's something for me either!
Yeah, big crowds of drunk people really isn't my thing. The floats and parades are nice, but not nice enough for me to deal with the rest of it. Tuesday we'll have a very small parade that passes right down my street and that is plenty for me.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I spent the weekend cleaning my house, lol. Today while working on finishing that up, I watched UK play ball, and now the race is on, but on mute because Rhapsody is rockin my world, lol. Tonight I have to go get my dd back from her dad, and then whip up something for dinner, clean that mess up, and then collapse! lol

Old 03-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

We went out to look a houses (hope to downsize from our big home). But I got some scrapping in too!
Old 03-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

the stupid weatherman said this morning it was going to rain on the west coast of Florida so we changed our plans instead of the concert we went to St. Augustine (and a few other places). It was pretty fun. I fell asleep on the way home and woke up with a rash like everywhere. No idea what caused it. I had some pink lemonade and cashews before I fell asleep (boht I have all the time and never reacted). Since it was a rental car I am kinda wondering if they used soemthing in it to clean it or something. Ughh I hate allergies and this breaking out crap. Sucks!

Old 03-07-2011, 04:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh girl! We LOVE Luxembourg, always have. Just haven't had a chance to visit for a very long time. We actually plan on retiring in Luxembourg when DH turns 65. We had a lovely, 10 hour drive, with a few stops added in.

We didn't get to the city this trip, matter of fact we rarely ever actually get to the city when we go, but maybe one of these trips we'll plan on a city trip and maybe we can meet up for a cup of coffee, lunch or something.
Glad to hear you had a nice trip. And that's you're also a fan of Luxembourg. What's there not to love about Luxembourg, right? There are colleagues of mine who declare it's boring, but I guess I love boring. :-)

Yes, if you come to the city, I'll be happy to meet. That would be really great. :-)

Old 03-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
Glad to hear you had a nice trip. And that's you're also a fan of Luxembourg. What's there not to love about Luxembourg, right? There are colleagues of mine who declare it's boring, but I guess I love boring. :-)

Yes, if you come to the city, I'll be happy to meet. That would be really great. :-)
LOL it can't be any more boring than this tiny village we live in. DH and I are both nature lovers and also lovers of old achitecture. So we're quite happy to just drive or walk around viewing old buildings or to go for a long nature hike. How boring can Luxembourg really be with all that color. I'll never forget the first time DH took me on a tour of the country and how strange I thought it was to have all the houses painted in such different and bright colors. Now I really look forward to seeing them when we go.

I'll definitely talk to DH about planning a city trip one day in the next couple of months.