Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-09-2021, 08:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Did You Set Goals for 2021?

After the insanity of 2020, you'd think I'd learn not to hope for anything, lol, but I can't help it. Hoping is in my nature. That's how I always think of goal setting, as having hope. So anyway, anybody else hopeful about things you'll accomplish or change in the new year?

I kept my goals simple and practical:
1. Keep the house clean. (This is really a challenge with everybody at home ALL.THE.TIME.)
2. Stay up to date on my grading. (I had a trillion papers to grade over holidays which caused me a lot of unnecessary stress.)
3. Spend 30 minutes every day learning Tagalog. (I've lived here for 8 years already, and while I understand it, I am terrible at speaking.)

Ten days in and I'm improving on keeping the house clean. Once we start back to school, I'll focus on the other two.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My goal is to just breathe and take each day as it comes. I need this, my depression and anxiety have been at an all time high. So 2021, I'm focusing on my mental health.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
After the insanity of 2020, you'd think I'd learn not to hope for anything, lol, but I can't help it. Hoping is in my nature. That's how I always think of goal setting, as having hope. So anyway, anybody else hopeful about things you'll accomplish or change in the new year?

1. Keep the house clean. (This is really a challenge with everybody at home ALL.THE.TIME.)
2. Stay up to date on my grading. (I had a trillion papers to grade over holidays which caused me a lot of unnecessary stress.)
3. Spend 30 minutes every day learning Tagalog. (I've lived here for 8 years already, and while I understand it, I am terrible at speaking.)

Ten days in and I'm improving on keeping the house clean. Once we start back to school, I'll focus on the other two.
I really need to work on my housekeeping skills. The house work gets pushed aside because there are so many other things going on and I have a hard time letting go of my small amount of time to relax each day. I need to get rid of a LOT of things in order to make the process of keeping the house clean easier!
Old 01-09-2021, 10:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammybean04 View Post
My goal is to just breathe and take each day as it comes. I need this, my depression and anxiety have been at an all time high. So 2021, I'm focusing on my mental health.
I can relate. Depression and anxiety have creeped back in on me over the past year. I had been relatively free of both for 3 years (after a 20 year battle) and then, wham! It all hit again.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't set goals exactly. I do try to align things with my OLW for the year. That word for 2021 is Strong. I signed up for a subscription to The Daily Burn for the physical strength aspect and I am hoping to create some strong routines that will help me cope with day to day life a little easier.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:24 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am working on me this year. Last year I walked more.
But this year my goals are:
-Drink more water, especially a glass before each meal or snack.
-No snacking after 8 pm.
-Limit my carbs, fats and sugary foods.
-Walk even more and start exercising some time this year.
-Read and relax some.
-Try not to get stressed about what I can't change.
-Scrap more and paint more and craft more.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 01-10-2021, 12:13 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have some ongoing things I'm working on, so those are my goals for 2021.

1. Continue losing weight. I've been stalled for a few months, which is frustrating.
2. More scrapping, less time-wasting online. Realistically I'm shooting for 4-5 layouts a week.
3. Finish scrapping 2019 by April, finish scrapping 2020 by the end of 2021. My goal isn't really to be caught up, since I like making the layouts a little after the fact when I have a more distance from things and know how they turned out. My eventual plan is to be about 6-months behind. Each year I take fewer pictures because the kids don't want to be in them, so one of these days I may get there.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:28 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I set a goal to work toward better health and getting off my diabetes medicine. I am a type 2, so it can be done. I've started a diet program and moving more. I am not planning to weigh myself every week, cause the numbers game will kick in my OCD and it will be a roller coaster ride to no where. Instead, I have appointments with my doctor at three month interval where I will be weighed and have my A1C taken. I just know that will be a lot less stressful way for me to go.

In addition my word of the year is mindful, so I plan to pay more attention to other areas of my life that need tending to. Like sleeping more than four hours a day. I think if I could get 6 hours a night, it would make a big difference in so many ways. So I am being mindful of my bed time like I am a little kid. LOL
Old 01-14-2021, 08:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm with Rachel, I'm close to finishing 2019 which will be the first year that I've ever completely scrapped. And of course, lose weight. I'm not going to weight myself either, Lorie. I'll let my jeans tell me how I'm doing.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Right?! Even when I clean I turn around and am shocked because it looks like the house blew up. Like what happened? It was clean a few minutes ago!! :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
I really need to work on my housekeeping skills. The house work gets pushed aside because there are so many other things going on and I have a hard time letting go of my small amount of time to relax each day. I need to get rid of a LOT of things in order to make the process of keeping the house clean easier!
I have been doing this, purging, purging and more purging!!! This next move will be nice because while it will be stuff, it will be stuff we need and not stuff we are holding on to or collecting - - for what purpose? I believe throughout the years and moves, I've been leaning towards being a minimalist (with the exception of the kitchen). Perhaps that is another goal I'll be striving for during 2021 - decluttering down to the necessities and nothing more.

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 01-14-2021 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Unlike previous years, I have made a lot of goals for 2021. However with that said a lot of them are personal and won't be shared in a public/online setting.

Moving forward in 2021, I would really learn to love who I am, what I am and where I am in life. After being married for so long, being a military wife for so long, a mom for so long, I forgot who I was and am that 2021 will be a journey of finding myself and the joy that I have ignored and overlooked through the years.

I'm going to start doing things for myself, like my health - mental, emotional and spiritual. I'm go to learn and practice boundaries, which is long overdue! I'm going to be a better mother, but also in doing so, letting go and trusting the process. While 2021 might not bring a lot of photos, it's going to bring a lot of personal growth and I'm excited to see in 2022 if I was able to achieve the goals I set out for 2021
Old 01-14-2021, 12:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I set a goal to work toward better health and getting off my diabetes medicine. I am a type 2, so it can be done. I've started a diet program and moving more. I am not planning to weigh myself every week, cause the numbers game will kick in my OCD and it will be a roller coaster ride to no where. Instead, I have appointments with my doctor at three month interval where I will be weighed and have my A1C taken. I just know that will be a lot less stressful way for me to go.

In addition my word of the year is mindful, so I plan to pay more attention to other areas of my life that need tending to. Like sleeping more than four hours a day. I think if I could get 6 hours a night, it would make a big difference in so many ways. So I am being mindful of my bed time like I am a little kid. LOL
It's a long video, but wow if you have time it's worth watching and seeing the importance of sleep in your life and health!
https://youtu.be/pwaWilO_Pig
Old 01-14-2021, 12:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hubby has us doing "goals" every 3 months and then we will reevaluate them. We are going out on a date night to discuss our goals for ourselves, kids, family this weekend. We used to take a long weekend preCovid right after Christmas and go away to discuss the coming year and just reset. Life has changed....LOL We will settle for date night and 3 months at a time for now. For me I am in a lot of pain due to back pain and a procedure I had done to ablate the nerves. So no movement right now... My goals are to Scrap 2020 (I got behind due to Disney trip and 2 week trip to VA to visit family), also scrap our 2019 Smokey Mt trip (I have a free 8x8 book from Shutterfly that I want to make for my MIL bday), loose weight (I joined weight watchers for the next 3 months. I hope in the next 3 months to drop 20lbs. and keep house picked up (nightly pick up with the kids has helped. My little one drops clothes like a drunk wandering home from the local bar).
Old 01-14-2021, 04:00 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
It's a long video, but wow if you have time it's worth watching and seeing the importance of sleep in your life and health!
https://youtu.be/pwaWilO_Pig
Thank you, I will watch it. I know it is really important, but I have had insomnia for years so sleep is a huge struggle for me.
Old 01-14-2021, 04:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Thank you, I will watch it. I know it is really important, but I have had insomnia for years so sleep is a huge struggle for me.
I feel you on the insomnia! I go through spurts where it's really bad and then a flip is switched and all I want to do is sleep. Right now I'm in my insomnia phase and it's miserable trying to force sleep when all I do is lay there trying to sleep. But I know in laying still, it's helping my body rest and recover from the day. Just wish I could close my eyes and sleep to get the full effect of recovery.
Old 01-15-2021, 03:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I have never been able to keep the house clean. LOL! Now that it's all adults in the house, you'd think it would be easier... in some ways it is, but in some ways, it's frustrating because everyone is too busy (or unable) to help! I asked hubby & our boys for a deep clean for my birthday coming up next week. We'll see if they remember. I expect they'd hire someone rather than do it themselves. I figure if it was totally clean, maybe I can keep it up?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Unlike previous years, I have made a lot of goals for 2021. However with that said a lot of them are personal and won't be shared in a public/online setting.

Moving forward in 2021, I would really learn to love who I am, what I am and where I am in life. After being married for so long, being a military wife for so long, a mom for so long, I forgot who I was and am that 2021 will be a journey of finding myself and the joy that I have ignored and overlooked through the years.

I'm going to start doing things for myself, like my health - mental, emotional and spiritual. I'm go to learn and practice boundaries, which is long overdue! I'm going to be a better mother, but also in doing so, letting go and trusting the process. While 2021 might not bring a lot of photos, it's going to bring a lot of personal growth and I'm excited to see in 2022 if I was able to achieve the goals I set out for 2021
I LOVE this!! I think we could all use this as a goal!!
Old 01-15-2021, 04:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't set resolutions anymore because that always failed, and made me disappointed in myself (such an awful spiral).

I have a HUGE list of things I'd like to get done. If I can just do bite-size bits of these things throughout the year, it would be a major victory!
Some of the things on my list:

Get the garage organized...seriously, after spending 3 months getting my mom's house ready to move, getting our house ready to move, moving both of our boys back home (and one son's roommate), merging mom's and our household, it looks like a storage unit that was ransacked!

Scan slides, negatives, old photos... I scanned a bunch of negatives from our pre-digital camera days on a small negative scanner years ago, but they are so awful!! So, now I'll scan them on my flatbed. I have more of my grandparent's old photos and negatives that need to be scanned, as well as ones from my mom.

Figure out landscaping for our yard that is both pretty and easy to take care of.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't yet set "official goals" I guess I'm still just trying to figure it out. 2020 was such a train wreck HOWEVER, I learned a lot about myself and my personal issues so I think 2021's main focus is going to be about making day to day life easier.

Things on my mind currently are a Social Media Cleanse.... I not only want to spend less time scrolling and more time doing, BUT I just find myself feeling so stressed and anxious... and it's not just the negativity, I think it's information overload. So I don't want to abandon my socials, I just want to figure out the "important things" and just scale back.

Another thing is people. One MAJOR thing I learned in 2020 during the lockdown period was that I had ZERO anxiety in lock down.... I was happy knowing I didn't have to go out be around people, and I had no worries about what others were thinking..... While having zero anxiety felt amazing and for the first time in YEARS I was able to relax I KNOW that being completely disconnected is not a healthy thing so I really want to find that Comfortable / Happy medium.

and lastly I am DECLUTTERING. I need to declutter my whole life.... I am so tired of speding all my days cleaning/organizing, trying to set things up to be easier so that I have more time to spend on the things I actually want to do (like scrap more for one thing), but I never seem to get anywhere. So I NEED to do some major purging.... and it's tough... sure I spent money on things, or things are cute, handy etc, but in the end if they are all causing so much stress in my every day life then I need to decide that stuffs just gotta go.

This was probably way more of an in depth answer than you were looking for, but I thank you for asking the question, because it really feels good to put those things out there somewhere.