Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Why only his side of the bed?

Okay....so this is my little tangent for the week. I seriously love my DH and don't blame him in the least after all, he is asleep. But, why oh why, do the covers come untucked from the foot of the bed on his side only? Mine stays perfect.....the whole week.

We are both very calm sleepers, don't toss and turn, etc. Maybe he is just less delicate when he turns over or does some crazy foot tango to pull the corner out....???? I don't know but, it is seriously always his side EVERY SINGLE time.

So, this little problem made me wonder if it is just my DH or do other women have my same issue?

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 12-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Jordan REFUSES to tuck in the sheets at the end of the bed. So his side is untucked, mine is tucked. Inevitably, mine becomes untucked and we get 2 feet of sheets above our heads, which drives me insane, but he enjoys because he pulls hte sheets practically over his head and gathers them at his neck.

I remake the bed entirely at least once a week. It's absurd.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Col- Russ is the same way. He's not THAT tall, but he says he hates having his feet feel trapped because he's too long for the bed, and tucked sheets make him feel trapped.

I hate having sheets floating on the bed something fierce....so I just retuck a couple of times a week to a little over half the bed ..and live with it. *sigh*
Old 12-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

Dh is the same way. I tuck them back every morning when I make the bed & in his sleep he pulls them loose. He says he thinks his feet get hot. My feet are always icy.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

LOL, it has to be a guy thing because my DH and I have this exact same problem too. I usually do like Darcy and only tuck half the bed in because he just pulls them out anyway. Funny because he's been gone 6 months and not once have I had to retuck the sheets in.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:11 PM

profile gallery send pm

I guess it's just a guy thing then. I find it so weird because I HAAAAAATE the feeling of sheets bunched up. Whether it's on my feet, or at my head, I hate having sheets all bunchy. I also hate when the sheet is farther up the bed than the comforter, which is why too much sheet at my head drives me nuts, lol.

I tuck halfway across the bed, and then I take the very corner on his side and tuck it under. He hasnt' complain about that yet, so I keep doing it. I hate sheets dragging on the floor.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I can't stand having my sheets tucked in at the end of the bed.. everything has to be loose. Even when I go to a hotel I have to pull the top sheet off. Its a good thing my husband doesn't care LOL!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would be happy if the sheet would stay ON the bed on his side, let alone staying tucked in! :eye roll:
Old 12-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL It happens at my house too. My side looks perfect and dh's side looks like he wrestled during the night with a wild animal. LOL

And when he travels, making the bed is a snap. Pull up the corner of the sheets on the side of the bed I used and it's done!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

LOL...well, that doesn't happen around here. I can't stand having sheets tucked in near my feet...so we don't even use a flat sheet. Just a comforter. And unless it's REALLY cold, I'll stick my feet out from under it, which bugs DH, because his feet get cold easily.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I can't stand having my sheets tucked in at the end of the bed.. everything has to be loose. Even when I go to a hotel I have to pull the top sheet off. Its a good thing my husband doesn't care LOL!
I'm the exact same way, Kristin! Especially at hotels where I feel like I'm in a straight-jacket cuz the beds are so tightly made! Luckily, DH is the same way.

creating for
* 9th & Bloom * Jennifer Barrette Designs * Polly & Rufus Designs *

Old 12-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenee View Post
Okay....so this is my little tangent for the week. I seriously love my DH and don't blame him in the least after all, he is asleep. But, why oh why, do the covers come untucked from the foot of the bed on his side only? Mine stays perfect.....the whole week.

We are both very calm sleepers, don't toss and turn, etc. Maybe he is just less delicate when he turns over or does some crazy foot tango to pull the corner out....???? I don't know but, it is seriously always his side EVERY SINGLE time.

So, this little problem made me wonder if it is just my DH or do other women have my same issue?

SAME HERE! It's never the bottom sheets though, it's always HIS top corner. Drives me nuts!!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh wow Col - we may be sisters.....

I am so anal about the covers and sheets. I like to lay down in a crisp clean bed that you could bounce a quarter off of.

I have even been so bad as to wake DH up in the middle of the night so I can "fix" the covers. I just can't stand extra loose sheet around me....drives me bonkers!

Old 12-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't like sheets and/or quilts tucked in. The first thing I do when we go to a hotel or spend the night at my parents, is pull the sheet out from under the end of the bed. When we go to bed, I raise up my feet, letting the sheet/quilt fall under my feet, and then put my feet back down in that cozy cocoon. I'm a side sleeper, so if I get hot (which happens very rarely), I'll stick one of my legs out of the covers until I cool down.

I love winter.... love having 3 comforters on the bed (oh yes we do) and sleeping between flannel sheets.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJenny View Post
I'm the exact same way, Kristin! Especially at hotels where I feel like I'm in a straight-jacket cuz the beds are so tightly made! Luckily, DH is the same way.
ditto!!!
Old 12-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i'm not a big blanket stealer or tugger. if i make the bed and if i was the only one sleeping it it, when i woke up the bed would still be pretty much made, lol. DH is a huge blanket stealer! i usually wake up and have to tug some away from him, not easy cause somehow they end up wrapped around or under him! annoying!
Old 12-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

Quote:
This is ME simoky because I have to sleep with my feet from up under the covers so DH usually sleeps with socks on!!
Old 12-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Same problem here! My husband likes the sheets tucked in but considering his feet hand off the king sized bed they come untucked. I bought sheet straps and they help!
Old 12-16-2009, 04:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Lol, we make our beds up differently on this side of the world. When we've traveled to the US in the past, the beds drove me nuts. I hate all the layers, and I hate, hate, hate having anything tucked in . DH hogs the covers here. He claims that he doesn't even sleep under them, but always pulls them off me during the night
Old 12-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'm the same way as you- I can't stand to have everything tucked in on the bottom, because then I feel like I can't move my feet! I hate that feeling!

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 12-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

hmmmm...wonder what this tells us about our personalities? Those that like the sheets loose so we can move around vs. those who like to be all tucked in and snugged up. Maybe it says I'm wound too tight. That would certainly apply to me.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJenny View Post
LOL! See and I love hotel beds because of how tight the sheets are!
Old 12-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've never tucked the top sheet in. I can't understand why it WOULDN'T come untucked with 2 people in the bed...? lol
Old 12-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Aaron deliberately untucks the sheets. He likes to have his feet hang over the edge of the bed. So do I, but I can do it with the sheet tucked.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes! I don't know how my DH does it, but the flat sheet is always untucked AND somehow he manages to get the fitted sheet off the mattress half the time and it's all bunced up toward the middle of the bed on his side. Drives me crazy!
Old 12-16-2009, 07:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

The sheets never stay tucked in on either side for us... since my hubby thinks the king size bed and bedding is made JUST for him... we strongly disagree on temps... my hubby would be the happiest if it was 32 degrees in the bedroom and he only had a thin blanket... I would be the happiest if it were 65 and three blankets on top... so, to stop the bickering we have been laying on top of the bedspread... each have our own blankets... hubby a thin one and me a heavy wool quilt... and if I get cold, which is almost everynight, I can undo my side and crawl in... yes... I'm aware this is really weird...
Old 12-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Same issue, in reverse. I cannot stand having the sheets tucked in and pulling all night, I NEED them untucked. My husband cannot understand why my sheets are all messed up each morning.

My Etsy Shop
Proud to be creating for :
Old 12-16-2009, 10:08 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
The sheets never stay tucked in on either side for us... since my hubby thinks the king size bed and bedding is made JUST for him... we strongly disagree on temps... my hubby would be the happiest if it was 32 degrees in the bedroom and he only had a thin blanket... I would be the happiest if it were 65 and three blankets on top... so, to stop the bickering we have been laying on top of the bedspread... each have our own blankets... hubby a thin one and me a heavy wool quilt... and if I get cold, which is almost everynight, I can undo my side and crawl in... yes... I'm aware this is really weird...
You know, you could just get in under all the covers in the beginning of the night, lol!
Old 12-16-2009, 11:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have no idea what our sheet situation is. Is that bad?! *lol*

What drives me crazy is the long decorative pillow that DH has to have in the bed with him because he doesn't like skin on skin contact with himself when he sleeps i.e. his arm touching his chest, his legs touching each other, etc. [Weirdo.] I call the pillow his gurlfriend, and inevitably, she ends up on my side of the bed. Since he goes to bed before me, I have to stumble into the bedroom, making sure I don't step on the dog in the process, and then find his gurlfriend on my side of the bed. When that happens, I throw her on top of DH who usually does not even wake up. In the middle of the night, she sometimes ends up shoved against my back (mostly a side sleeper here) which wakes me up and annoys me.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I have woken Tony up in the night to fix the sheets. I cannot sleep unless the sheets are nice and tight. I change the beds every Wednesday, sometimes more often if they get loose! I love Wednesdays, it's when the bed is best LOL
Old 12-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When I was pregnant I had a body pillow my dh called my boyfriend. I guess he got sick of it because one day I went into the bedroom to find it hanging from the ceiling fan with his belt around it. lmfao
Old 12-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiemountiewife View Post
I have woken Tony up in the night to fix the sheets. I cannot sleep unless the sheets are nice and tight. I change the beds every Wednesday, sometimes more often if they get loose! I love Wednesdays, it's when the bed is best LOL
I hear ya! I love fresh sheets....the smell of Downy, crisp, clean and all tucked in tight!

Old 12-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

LOL ... I love this question! My DH yanks his sheet out all the time. DRIVES ME CRAZY. I don't like them bunched up around my feet or excessively long at the top either.

You guys think of the best questions to ask, you know that??
Old 12-17-2009, 01:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't stand for the sheets to be tucked in! I don't tuck here! LOL! Plus the dog has to be able to get out from under the blankets somehow! LOL!
Old 12-17-2009, 02:25 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm in the can't-stand-it-tucked-it club. I especially hate staying at hotels because of it. I also am grossed out by hotel quilts/comforters, so I throw those off and untuck the ends of the sheets, but it's always back the next day. :/

I make my bed so that the sheet ends just at the bottom of the mattress and fold the excess over at the top.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:49 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

lol! I am the same way as Kristin! I need things loose or I feel totally trapped!
Old 12-17-2009, 02:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
What drives me crazy is the long decorative pillow that DH has to have in the bed with him because he doesn't like skin on skin contact with himself when he sleeps i.e. his arm touching his chest, his legs touching each other, etc. [Weirdo.]
Same here (minus the pillow). I cannot stand skin on skin. Which is part of why I need my sheets untucked...easier to wrap wround naked body parts. I also need texture to whatever touches my skin, so I use lightweight cotton blanket beneath the sheet ('cause Michael doesn't like flannel) that touches my feet, etc. I wrap my feet up in it and pull it up to my mouth.

No matter how cold/hot it is, I have to have my floor fan (for air circulation and noise) and a decent stack of linens piled on me (for the weight/comfort). I'm am quite the oddball about such things. Michael loves me anyways.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

yup
happens here too!

The Wheelchair Mommy Tweet*Tweet

William-2004, Lucas-2008 & Nathan-Summer 2011