Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-30-2021, 11:35 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default December 2021: Passport FAQ

If you have any questions regarding THIS month's Passport challenges, please post them here.

We have a wonderful team and community here at SSD....
so someone is sure to get back to you ASAP with answers to anything and everything related to our Passport Challenge System!

Here is a list of this month's challenge prompts for easy reference:

#1. One Little Word : Philanthropy
You can use this word as/in your title work, within your journaling, or simply let it inspire the direction of your layout.

#2. Product : Pins & Flair
So many kits now include a terrific selection of different types of enamel pins and flair. Scrap a page that includes your favorites.

#3. Featured : Janet, Tracey & Laura
Our brand new series of Featured Designer freebies are here for 2021, and we can’t wait for these fun kits to inspire you! Thanks to a suggestion from community member, Lisa aka Armygrl, our theme this year is focused on all of those special days that make up our sweet memories. From Rainy Days to Ordinary Days, A Day at the Zoo or even a Kinda Nice Day like Erica’s first kit in the series, we can’t wait for you to get your hands on these beauties! Taking inspiration from these fun kits, each month we’ll be asking you to scrap a page focused on the kind of day our designers are celebrating in their featured designer freebies! You’re welcome to use the kit itself, or simply scrap a page inspired by the title, but get creative and let your imagination take the lead.

#4. Inspired By : Holiday Templates
From packages to Christmas trees, advent calendars to holiday lights, there are a plethora of fabulous holiday-inspired templates in the Shoppe! Scrap with one of them. [Note: If you don't own a template, simply create a holiday themed layout.]

#5. Dealers Choice : Mini Wishlist Gift!
Win Your Mini Wishlist!! Pick 3 kits you’d like to use for January’s challenges and share them in our master tracker thread for your chance to win a holiday “gift” from the sweetest spot in town! One winner will be chosen randomly in January to win their picks!

#6. Leaving Love :
Leave love on 15 layouts in the gallery and then post the link to each in your tracker thread.
Create your own place marker by using your favorite layout you've left love for during the month to "hold" that spot on your card ♥
Right click on a page in the gallery and save... follow by resizing this saved image to 97 X 97 before adding it to your Passport tracker image.

#7. Photography : Bulbs or Candles
Scrap a page that includes photos of your favorite holiday bulbs or candle displays.

#8. So Sketchy : Monthly Inspiration!
Use the following sketch as inspiration for your layout.

#9. Seasonal : Holiday Movie Marathons
Scrap a page that celebrates those movies that bring you and your loved ones great joy watching together during the holidays! TV series are also welcome ♥

#10. Typography : Festive Alphabets
Scrap a page that features your favorite festive alphabet. Feel free to use a solo Alpha or one included in your favorite kit.

#11. Wild Card : Scrap anything you'd like for this challenge ♥

#12. Composition : Asymmetric Design with Bold Color Juxtaposition
I fell in love with this gorgeous page by Sugarbabe Jaye! I adore her asymmetrical design coupled with her bold juxtaposition using that vibrant splash of red over the muted b/w polka dot background. Her small cluster layered with a beautiful mix of textures is simply the chefs *kiss*.

#13. Journal : Gifted
Do you or a loved one have a special gift? Journal about how this attribute positively influences your/their life.

#14. Currently : Smorgasboarding!!
Create a page that highlights all of the things you’re currently watching, eating, reading, obsessing over, achieving, loving ... etcetera

#15. List : Wishlists
Scrap a page that showcases a wishlist. Any and all wishlists! Holidays, Birthdays, Travel, etc.

#16. Pop Culture : Giving + Receiving
There is a lot of emphasis on gifts this time of the year. Create a meaningful page that celebrates either the most favorite gift you’ve ever received or the gift that gave you the most joy to give.

#17. Details : Bits, Bobs, & Trims
Have some fun creating and trimming your own scrapped tree.

#18. Scraplift : Hosted on the Blog
On the first Sunday of each month, Sugarbabe Angie will host an inspiring Scraplift Challenge on the SSD Blog.
You have the entire month to play along and complete your page.

To keep in mind while you're scrapping...
These prompts are written and created with fairly broad themes/concepts in mind and I think that personal interpretation is key. You can certainly approach a prompt literally, or I encourage you to think about it in a different way ... take a creative approach on ways to apply prompts so that they'll work for you and your family.

Last edited by lingovise; 12-01-2021 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:19 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Given that "These prompts are written and created with fairly broad themes/concepts in mind..." and I have no self control, so everything I have ever wanted from the shoppe I just went and bought for myself, may the wish be for the three random NEW kits that will come out next in December, because I swear they will be wonderful. If so, how can I represent them in my post? and also what do we scrap for that one?
Old 12-01-2021, 06:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinzilah View Post
Given that "These prompts are written and created with fairly broad themes/concepts in mind..." and I have no self control, so everything I have ever wanted from the shoppe I just went and bought for myself, may the wish be for the three random NEW kits that will come out next in December, because I swear they will be wonderful. If so, how can I represent them in my post? and also what do we scrap for that one?
It's basically like a FREE box as it's not required that you scrap a page to complete that prompt. You could just use a screenshot of something from your wishlist as your marker for #5. As far as wishlists go... well... lol. I guess you have until the end of the month to discover new goodies to create a miniature wishlist - the winner won't be announced until after the new year. I hope that helps.
Old 12-02-2021, 06:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMG.... I totally freaked out and when I saw the sketch, like... OMG... a blank canvas~ Then... I realize.... wait, it means I have full ownership of anything to add in there.... woot woot!

Old 12-03-2021, 04:42 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalis View Post
OMG.... I totally freaked out and when I saw the sketch, like... OMG... a blank canvas~ Then... I realize.... wait, it means I have full ownership of anything to add in there.... woot woot!
At the beginning of the year I made this page for one of the challenges... yup, a blank page. Maybe it ispires you...

Old 12-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romajo View Post
At the beginning of the year I made this page for one of the challenges... yup, a blank page. Maybe it ispires you...

GORGEOUS!

Old 12-07-2021, 03:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

So I'm confused now. I thought the blank canvas was supposed to be anything we want but now I think we have to have a mainly blank canvas?? Do either options work?
Old 12-07-2021, 04:12 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
So I'm confused now. I thought the blank canvas was supposed to be anything we want but now I think we have to have a mainly blank canvas?? Do either options work?
I think with the instructions always being not so strict, it is the way you interpret them... So you can go either way.
Old 12-07-2021, 05:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
A blank canvas is giving you creative license to do anything you'd like.
Old 12-07-2021, 05:59 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

This is honestly soooo cool! I actually just ran out of steam last month and realized after midnight December 1st that I had forgotten to draw a sketch for the month, so I went super easy with a blank slate. Like Loni said, you're welcome to do whatever you like for the sketch this month, but WOW! What a cool "blank" page Marieke!
Old 12-07-2021, 08:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OK!!! We're on the same page then! lol either way works is a great answer! lol
Old 12-10-2021, 10:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Pins and Flair
Old 12-11-2021, 05:10 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
This is honestly soooo cool! I actually just ran out of steam last month and realized after midnight December 1st that I had forgotten to draw a sketch for the month, so I went super easy with a blank slate. Like Loni said, you're welcome to do whatever you like for the sketch this month, but WOW! What a cool "blank" page Marieke!
Thanks Robin (just seeing this now...).
Old 01-15-2022, 07:06 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Win Your Mini Wishlist!! Pick 3 kits you’d like to use for January’s challenges and share them in our master tracker thread for your chance to win a holiday “gift” from the sweetest spot in town! One winner will be chosen randomly in January to win their picks!

Have the winner of this been announced already, or did I miss it?
Old 01-18-2022, 01:09 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Have the winner of this been announced already, or did I miss it?

Clearly I’ve missed this. I’ll announce it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk