Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-02-2017, 08:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Time to 'switch off'

Think I'm going to have to 'switch off' from social media for awhile or at least cut down on my attachment to it for a bit and get back to being me

Very rarely do I share the 'darker side' of my life but as it's not improving like I thought it would i'm going to do some soul searching and hopefully get some help. Over the years I've suffered from a bit of anxiety & panic that was treated through counselling (mainly during hospitalisation and exams at uni) and a tiny bit of depression. Ive studied psychology and mental health issues so know the signs etc and can usually tell when mentally i'm not firing at 100%. Last year I had some pretty stressful/anxious times with flat mates & housing and ended up moving home again which I thought solved my issues however over the last 6 months or so I've really noticed that i'm having fairly regular hyperventilation attacks (particularly when i'm at rest) over nothing major (in other words i don't feel particularly stressed or anxious), the only thing that has changed is for the past 4 months I've been on the roller coaster called trying to find a job. I've tried focusing on my breathing when i realise i'm hyperventilating and while it helps at the time I still get the attacks later on that day or at other times - there doesn't seem to be a real pattern to them.

So, while it's not good bye, it's see you later....might just be gone for the weekend or I could be gone for a few weeks, I just don't know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 03-02-2017, 09:38 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry you're going through such a hard time, Jennifer. Anxiety and depression is awful. Kudos to you to taking the time you need to focus on your health and well being. All your SSD friends will be right here whenever you decide the time is right to return. Big hugs!
Old 03-02-2017, 12:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I agree...do what you need to do to recharge. Hope you find the calm and clarity while you take time for yourself. ((HUGS))

Old 03-02-2017, 12:26 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Take all the time you need, we'll be waiting for you with open arms when you feel more like yourself again! Hope you feel better soon.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry your anxiety is making life tougher right now. Keep taking care of yourself, and we'll see you when you're ready.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2017, 03:10 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Take care of yourself
Old 03-02-2017, 03:31 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to danagirl82

I am so sorry you are going through this! I just did a social media hiatus and it was just what I needed. Social media is so hard, and real relationships need nurturing and so do you!
Old 03-02-2017, 05:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So sorry you're going through a tough time Jennifer. Praying this time away will do well for your health and we'll be here for you when you're ready to come back. Big hugs to you!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk