Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2013, 12:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Thumbs down double expletive.

Found out this morning that Bella is not going to be able to go to the boys' school in the fall. They cut the program to just one class and she didn't even make it to the waiting list. It sucks because the people at the school seemed so sure that she would make it in so we've been talking about her going to school next year all year. But then they just found out last month that they were indeed cutting it down to the one class. They haven't sent out the confirmations to everyone yet, the only reason I was told is because the administrators know that we're getting Bella tested for speech issues and they wanted to make sure we knew that the county Pre-K for children with delays or special needs is having screening Thursday and Friday, by appointment only, so that we could call and get her a slot.

I'm so frustrated because IF she even gets in there - which they are apparently notorious for being tough about which speech cases that get in - it's only a half day program and she'd be riding the bus to and from and our county will only let 4 year olds get dropped off at a parent or guardians house and the parent has to be the one to sign. This kind of shoots down my plan of getting an assistant or substitute job with the schools because I won't be home when Bella gets home and they won't let her ride the bus to my mom's house instead.

And I have to go back to work. The only reason we've been doing with me not working again is because we had plans for me to get a job - even subbing - with the schools in the fall, and now I don't know what I can do. My mom can't keep both Bella and Mason all day anymore, really her doctor doesn't even want her just keeping Mason, but she was still going to. I'm just so frustrated and depressed right now.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 05-22-2013, 01:16 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Ugh. That sounds like one big disappointing mess, Trish! So sorry. I'll be praying that you'll be able to find a good solution that will work for everyone involved. HUGS!

Old 05-22-2013, 04:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, how frustrating! I'm sorry!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I say keep pushing!!!!!! the school kept trying to get me to take Peyton out of Kindergarten cause they kept saying "he's just young and immature and sometimes boys are a little more behind than girls blah blah blah"......I kept pushing and pushing them and now that it is all said and done he has Asperger's and is going to a special program next year at a whole different school (just found out 2 days ago)....even the people of the program tried to say "well it looks like he just has some OCD tendencies"....but the school psychologist got the spec education superintendent involved and now Peyton will be in that program after she went and observed him on 2 separate occasions! SO I say you don't give up!!!!! {{{HUGS}}}
Old 05-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry! : (
Old 05-22-2013, 08:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry! I hope you can work something out that allows you to work and Bella to go to school. Definitely go to the special ed screening if you can, but they're the same way here about speech issues. My now-7 year old had pretty severe speech delays due to childhood apraxia of speech, but he wouldn't have qualified for the special needs program based only on that delay/diagnosis. (He had other delays, too, but that's the only reason my fight to get him school-based services was successful.) With only 1 area of delay or mild delays in multiple areas, our district would just send a special ed teacher to do home-based therapy.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

That sucks. I hope you get something figured out.