Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2014, 09:25 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Default I can SEE black stamp PNG's in iPhoto!!

Because I am stubborn and cannot be bothered even after all the fantastic advice I received here on the forum to move all my supplies out of iPhoto I was determined to find a way to see my black png stamps in iPhoto. And whilst what I have found isn't a full proof solution and will only apply to pngs I import in the future I did it!!!

In the preferences menu in iPhoto you can change the background from black to white. This will not change the background on the PNG's you have previously uploaded to iPhoto but any new ones will upload with a white background so you can see the black stamp. Unfortunately this is only for the thumbnail. If you click on it to enlarge, it defaults to the black background and disappears But Hey at least I can now see it in the thumbnail and know it is there to use instead of a black box!

I also had some white stamps and thought that I would now not be able to see them on a white background, but if they are not true white you can still see them, and if you click on them they go to the black background anyway. To be really fiddely when I upload any kit I could have a look at the file first and determine whether I wanted a black or white background for the items and change the preferences accordingly....

Might sound like a bit of work for each upload and that Picassa or Light Room is soooo much easier, but I really can't be bothered moving everything to these programs and retagging etc... Easier to just delete and reupload the stamps I have and just be aware I can do this to future uploads....

Last edited by Bellerose; 03-26-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:05 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

My iPhoto is way too full for me to use it for scrapping supplies too..seems like a lot of work to see a file lol

have you tried Bridge assuming you are using Photoshop?

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 03-30-2014, 07:51 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

No I haven't tried Bridge and I do have access to it as I am on Photoshop CC. I just wanted an easy fix for now as I haven't got the time to transfer my whole library and retag. But I will look into Bridge when I do.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just wanted to squee in glee with you-- isn't it the most awesome feeling to figure out a workaround that works for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2014, 02:38 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Yay! Congrats on finding that workaround! I use Finder (and Bridge to add an occasional tag) to organize my stash, but have considered Aperture which is what I use for photos. The png thing is always a deterrent for me though. Maybe there's a workaround in Aperture too. I'll take another look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk