Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-09-2015, 11:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD - Scary Stuff: Yes Or No? - 10.09.15

I know not every Sweet Shopper celebrates Halloween, so let's discuss scary things in general.

Do you like to be scared? Do you love scary movies/TV shows? If you do celebrate Halloween, do you love scary costumes and haunted houses?
Old 10-09-2015, 11:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I truly do not understand wanting to be scared/purposely watching something that is going to scare you.

I don't do movies, TV shows, costumes, ANYTHING that would frighten me. Ugh.

I can't even watch people be embarrassed. I look away or put my hands over my eyes. My daughter is the same way. #hsp
Old 10-09-2015, 11:12 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

oh.... same here.... no no scary things and nothing like this ;-)
Old 10-09-2015, 11:39 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I do not *like* being scared. No way, Hosea. But I do enjoy Halloween with my kids. I like the costumes, candy, pumpkin patch, carving pumpkins, making fun Halloween treats, trick-or-treating, etc. I do not like scary movies, people who dress up super gory, haunted houses (I once peed my pants in one that was super realistic... seriously... not like my entire bladder but... you know). My husband LOVES scary movies, thrillers and zombie shows and so sometimes I am exposed to that. I leave the room or cover my ears and go "NANANANAHHH" if it gets too intense for me. However, strangely, I do love mystery shows and unsolved murder type reality detective stuff about real life people... which he hates. He prefers "fake" gore. LOL

Old 10-09-2015, 11:47 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

nope - don't like the scary stuffy... do love halloween, though. When kiddo wants to be a skeleton - I'm like - don't you want to be a cute sheet instead???
Old 10-09-2015, 11:55 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I do not like "being" scared, which for me is someone doing something TO me (haunted houses, jumping out, or sneaking up on me), but I watch horror, zombie, vampire, demon anything, and like paranormal and supernatural shows and movies. When we decorate for Halloween, we do not like cutesy...lots of skeletons and skulls in our house. We have the Target skeleton series (cat, rat, crow) and this year we added the weiner dog, which borders on cutesy lol.

Last edited by Lindsay; 10-09-2015 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've warmed up a little to Halloween minus the scary parts. My kids have cute little non-scary costumes that they ToT in, and that part is fine. Lawn decorations and things like that don't freak me out. You could not pay me enough to go in a haunted house, though. Shudder.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:58 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I love scary and apparently I passed that on to my child cause he super loves scary stuff.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I do enjoy scary movies. We don't do scary costumes, decorations etc for Halloween though.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:53 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

hate being scared.. hate gore hate violence hate horror hate suspense BUT I do sorta like reading mysterious type books. I'm doing a scaredy cat kit next week for crystal.. haha
Old 10-09-2015, 12:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I dislike being scared and scary movies to no end, but I LOVE Halloween! it is the greatest holiday EVAH! I have no issues with scary decorations or costumes, I think Haunted houses are fun, but when it comes to movies I can't get those out of my head for a long time (like I can remember hearing the Gurdge sound every night for MONTHS and I was an adult so not cool! and the Anxiety I get from being scared it hurts, like someday it may be too much to take and it will kill me.....but YAY Halloween!!! LOL
Old 10-09-2015, 01:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well according to my mom and now my husband, I love to scare myself.
I watch scary movies, those Korean movies in which I cannot understand how they make a kid with powder on his/her face make super scary that I have to wake my husband up whenever I need to wee wee. But I never introduce 'scary' to my daughter. Even though we don't believe in halloween, we let our daughter join her dad's company's halloween party for 2 years, and thankfully they're theme are always friendly.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Halloween is my FAVORITE!! I really love it, have since I was a kid. I've always sort of liked things that are dark and macabre. As far as being scared, heck yeah! I don't like being startled IRL but I love a good scary movie/book/tv show. I'm weird about gore and violence, I don't mind Tarantino gore at all but I do NOT love a slasher flick, it's all about context for me.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We LOVE Halloween here!

I do like to be scared, but I don't like Gore.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:17 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I love Halloween, but I always celebrate it in Disneyland Paris, so that's not scary. I hate being scared, I don't watch scary movies or gory stuff. It doesn't take much to scare me.

I do love watching other people being scared, like the videos of the staff of the Ellen Show being sent through the haunted mazes. I would never go in a haunted maze myself however, not even if you payed me

Oh I do like to read a good thriller by the way, but even those can scare me haha. I remember actually checking under the bed when I had just read a book in which the killer was under the bed!

Last edited by annet83; 10-09-2015 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't do anything scary, and I definitely can't watch anything scary or I have nightmares. I'll even hide scary photos on facebook if friends post them, so I don't have to see them.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't like "real" scary. Meaning I am not a fan of things that are scary because they are realistic, they could actually happen. So movies like Saw, etc. are just a no go for me. But I like over the top, humorous scary and Halloweeny stuff.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I will watch scary movies with my husband and oldest son but I don't love being scared. And I am like a child when it comes to seeing scary stuff. I cover my eyes, I can't sleep at night. I am afraid the boogey man is coming to get me.

I don't do haunted houses. See above. Big scared-y pants.

I don't do roller coasters for the same reason. Hate being scared hahaha. I am terrible. Now I wonder if I should just delete this. I sound terrible. This scares me haha.

That being said we do celebrate Halloween. Not in such a scary fashion but have fun getting dressed up.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No, no and no!
Old 10-09-2015, 04:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Awesome question -

No Way!
The scariest movie I watch is Nightmare Before Christmas. I used to looove scary movies when I was a teenager - not now.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

No freaking way! I hate anything scary. If I watch a scary movie or read a scary book, I'm jumping every time the floor creaks for weeks and don't want to go down to the basement alone. (Which is a problem, since I'm usually down there doing laundry every day, LOL.) That said, haunted houses don't bother me. I don't know why...maybe I've never been to a truly scary one.

I love Halloween, but that's easy since my kids aren't into anything scary, either. My daughter wants to be a "super scary witch" this year, but at 6 that pretty much just means she'll wear a witch costume that doesn't have glitter and bright colors and will say "Trick or Treat" in a creaky voice. I can handle that!
Old 10-09-2015, 11:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

whe don't celebate halloween , but i always found halloween a bit the dutch carnaval that are 5 days where whe dress up and party lol . but if i lived in america i would celebrate halloween for sure . i love to play dress up so i think i would be planning my customs way upfront .

I don't like scary movies but that is because i am easy scared
Old 10-10-2015, 12:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
We LOVE Halloween here!

I do like to be scared, but I don't like Gore.
Yes. This is me too.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:08 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

No no and no. Completely no.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Halloween is my hubby's birthday. He loves the holiday. I think it's fun but overplayed a bit. I don't do scary movies or haunted houses or anything that might make me pee my pants.

Old 10-10-2015, 11:00 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbbumble View Post
whe don't celebate halloween , but i always found halloween a bit the dutch carnaval that are 5 days where whe dress up and party lol . but if i lived in america i would celebrate halloween for sure . i love to play dress up so i think i would be planning my customs way upfront .

I don't like scary movies but that is because i am easy scared
I celebrate carnaval at home and Halloween at Disneyland Paris. Can't miss an opportunity to dress up
Old 10-10-2015, 02:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I truly do not understand wanting to be scared/purposely watching something that is going to scare you.

I don't do movies, TV shows, costumes, ANYTHING that would frighten me. Ugh.

I can't even watch people be embarrassed. I look away or put my hands over my eyes. My daughter is the same way. #hsp
Bwahaha same here! i prefer to watch something that make me feel calm and relaxed at the end!

Enviado de meu SM-T111M usando Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2015, 08:27 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I like suspense. Things like Gone Girl and stuff like that book, LOVE IT! But I don't like gory stuff like people being killed and all the blood and gore just for the sake of being gory.

I'm not a fan of haunted houses any more either and I don't like roller coaster.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
I like suspense. Things like Gone Girl and stuff like that book, LOVE IT! But I don't like gory stuff like people being killed and all the blood and gore just for the sake of being gory.

I'm not a fan of haunted houses any more either and I don't like roller coaster.
Yeeees! Me too!

Enviado de meu GT-I9192 usando Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2015, 02:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't like feeling scared, being scared or watching scary movies. I hate it! We don't do halloween here in Norway and that's fine with me. If I do have to dress up, or the kids do they will be sweet bugs, prince(ss) or super heroes.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:29 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Wink

I'm a huge Walking Dead fan!! I can't wait for Sunday night season premier!!! It's so scarey and I love Zombie books like World War Z! I am completely ready for the zombie apocalypse as I have read the Zombie survival guide handbook!
Halloween is my favorite holiday!
Old 10-11-2015, 05:09 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

Since I was a kid, I have watched scary movies just to see the special effects. I was always the one waiting for something to make me jump out of my seat, but it didn't happen...lol!

That said... I don't mind gore, zombies and all of that. We celebrate Halloween just for the fun of dressing up the kids.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:19 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
I'll even hide scary photos on facebook if friends post them, so I don't have to see them.
HAHA!! I do the same thing!! I have a friend who just moved to El Paso and they have huge spiders there and she was posting pictures everyday of the new spiders she was finding near their house. I couldn't even touch my phone to move the picture off the screen because I didn't want to touch it!!!
Old 10-11-2015, 10:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hate to be scared, I flip out literally! I have gone to haunted houses twice. The first time it took me hours to calm down after and I hyperventilated. Why the second time who knows peer pressure possibly, let's just say I didn't even make it out of the car because someone dressed up approached our car and I literally wet my pants as I cried and begged my sister to pull away. I was 17 that was the last time I have ever been I seriously FLIP out!!!
Old 10-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

According to my family I'm a huge wimp. LOL My cousins, brothers, etc. are all huge into horror movies and anything scary. I am limited in what I will watch. I don't like gruesome. I don't mind a psychological thriller though.

I like haunted houses and such to a degree. I used to really enjoy them as a teenager but now I tend to only like things that are 'eerie' not scary.

Our Halloween decorations have evolved over the years. We went from happy pumpkins and smiling ghosts to having an apothecary display with things like eye balls and skulls. So not 'scary' but more creepy.

My daughter is planning a Halloween party this year so we picked up some scarier decorations, but still nothing truly scary, just creepy. - My kids still dress in fun costumes. My son is being a cat this year, my daughter a cheerleader doll.