Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2011, 12:12 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm
Default Romance, schmo-mance!

So my DH isn't the best at giving gifts or making romantic gestures, or being sweet or even not grumpy... but every once in awhile, I remember why he is such a keeper.

This evening, I approached the subject (cautiously) of starting a second Masters degree. I will be graduating with my MFA in three weeks, and have already been talking to an admissions counselor at another university about starting a Masters of Education program, but was afraid to bring it up with DH. A tiny part of me wanted to enroll first... you know, that whole adage of it being easier to get forgiveness than permission... but I couldn't do it. Even though most of our decision-making isn't really a joint effort and ends up being separate (or at least it seems that way a lot of the time).

Anyway, tonight I brought it up and he was almost totally fine with the idea. Actually, I think he just doesn't know what to do with me, so he goes along with my craziness. He is fine with me continuing school, but just concerned with the long-term plan with DD and her work schedule impacting our lives as far as having Kennedy 24/7. He said he's feeling selfish about wanting some freedom, but I honestly don't have a solution for that at this point. And it is almost totally a separate issue that is just going to have to work itself out.

I'm just excited about starting a new program. I love school. I'm such a geek. Anyhow, it may seem like the romance in him is dead, but he does show it in his own little way. What a guy. I'm so lucky to have such a good hubby. I just had to share.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Awww <3

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 07-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

That is cool and I would get my Master's if it would not put me in more debt!