Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default let's help the hormonal pregnant ladies?

what was your FAVOURITE part of being pregnant?

For me was being able to watch the baby move around as she (and then he) got bigger. I thought it was amazing to actually see the movement from the outside.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:32 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

same for me.

LOVED LOVED LOVED feeling the baby move.

and as a distant second, I also loved all the shopping for baby stuff!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I really loved every single part of it...
I remember being pregnant as the best 27 months of my life...
I mean...come on...you are growing an entire new person inside of you...the thought of that still amazes me...
Some of my special memories...
My odd cravings...
The first time I felt them move
Watching them roll around in me...talk about freaking awesome...
The way my husband looked at me...like he might burst with love at any second...talk about sexy...wozers...that look in his eyes was the best aphrodisiac evah!
Shopping for them-baby shopping is the best in the world!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

LOL! Thanks K

My mom said I was a TOTAL A-HOLE in the womb. I'm really hoping this little sprout isn't gonna inherit that from me, lol. She said that her male coworkers would sit there and watch me moving (like pushing out with my heel right across her rib cage, lol) and be like "DUDE! Doesn't that hurt?!!?" And she'd be like actually, YES IT DOES! LOL!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

aside from all the feel good stuff - yep, pretty amazing to have someone living inside you - I loved not having to suck in my stomach!!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaCola3 View Post
I really loved every single part of it...
I remember being pregnant as the best 27 months of my life...
I mean...come on...you are growing an entire new person inside of you...the thought of that still amazes me...
Some of my special memories...
My odd cravings...
The first time I felt them move
Watching them roll around in me...talk about freaking awesome...
The way my husband looked at me...like he might burst with love at any second...talk about sexy...wozers...that look in his eyes was the best aphrodisiac evah!
Shopping for them-baby shopping is the best in the world!
Lord have mercy... I'm bawling here! LOVE this, Shannon!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Ummm....getting pregnant was pretty fun. LOL

Definitely feeling the little person growing inside you move around. Oh, and going for ultrasounds and getting a little sneak peek at them.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I giggled every single time both of my babies had the hiccups. It was just so funny to me that I could see & feel that.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn Barrette View Post
Ummm....getting pregnant was pretty fun. LOL
*giggles*
I'm pretty sure that the night we conceived was some of the best we'd ever had, lol. Which is kind of awesome to think about, since we weren't really trying.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hope this doesn't make me sound like a horrible mom, but I personally did not enjoy baby movements in the last trimester! They were fine in the second tri and always a nice reassurance that everything was still going well, but I found hiccups (and my babies got them like 2-3x a day) extremely irritating... especially when I was trying to sleep. And Sheldon would push out with his feet so hard that it felt like he was going to rip a hole through my skin. lol! AND in the last month and a half he would push so hard that his head would push down on my cervix and it would send sharp pains through me... it felt like a very rough pap smear when he'd do that - almost like he was trying to claw his way out with his fingernails. It was rather painful sometimes. haha Allie wasn't as bad as Sheldon though and I enjoyed it a little longer with her.

I'm a pretty grouchy preggy lady, though. I tried so hard to enjoy it, but just couldn't.

I guess my fave part would be buying baby stuff and in my 2nd and 3rd tris I had FABULOUS skin and nails. Hardly ever had any pimples. 1st tri... BAD skin. lol

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!

Last edited by Megan Turnidge; 07-27-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I love watching my baby belly move
I loved feeling the baby kick and move
I absolutely thought it was the coolest when baby had the hiccups
I loved listening to the heart beat every day...yes, I had a dopper!
I loved getting sneak peeks of my baby with my many ultrasounds
I loved when DH would put his hands on my belly
I loved talking to the boys
I loved the fact I had an excuse to rub my belly!

I had some pretty rough pregnancies..being on bedrest and all but I wouldn't trade any minute of being pregnant...even when I felt like my pelvic bone was actually being ripped in two during my 4th pregnancy.

I didn't even mind labor. I have four VERY easy and pretty quick deliveries, only pushed once with all of them and the longest labor was 5 hours...I think I enjoyed labor more than my last 10 weeks of pregnancy b/c of being on bedrest!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm another downer--my favorite part was the end. I hate actually being pregnant; I love the end result.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

I loved feeling Rachel move around in there...

LOL watching my stomach jump with her hiccups (she got them 5 minutes after I lay down, without fail)

and seeing the outline of a little hand or foot when it was pressed against my stomach...amazing!!!

And getting to cut to the front of restroom lines was nice too LOL...although considering she was sitting on my bladder the whole time (I carried her really low), that was a necessity!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Shopping for baby clothes was fun too I loved going to consignment shops and I hit Ebay a lot too, looking for something 'different' than the norm. I found some of the cutest baby things that way.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think I'm at my favorite part right now. I love feeling the baby move. Yes - even the annoying "I'm pushing my heel right into your rib cage" movement. And I love trying to figure out what part of his body is sticking out...I think he's laying traverse across my belly with his butt up...so I love to rub his little butt lol

Old 07-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Aside from all the mushy lovey stuff...I loved maternity clothes shopping on Ebay. I wanted everything cheap since I only planned on wearing it for one pregnancy. In between trips to the bathroom to pee and lose my dinner I was constantly trying to outbid people on lots of clothes.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm also a grouchy pregnant person. Because even though I know my body is built for this, I don't think it knows that. LOL

But I do like some of it. I like watching the baby shift my tummy around when moving. But what I love the most... NO PERIODS!!!

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 07-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The ultrasound for sure. Amazing. And I'll have to say-I felt really beautiful pregnant, in a way I never have!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

LOL - a friend's mother who had 5 children said the best part of it was having a spot to rest her tea cup on when she sat down...

Hmm... I really don't know... I think the best thing for me was telling my boss that I was pregos... he was in total denial that it was happening and he had to find someone to take over my duties while I was out... that was pretty darn awesome! And - asking for anything I want, food wise, and my hubby was 1/2 out the door to get it... *sigh* I really have to whine to get that to happen now...
Old 07-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh, and "eating for two"...
Old 07-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I loved the slow-paced appointments with my midwife, I loved learning the anatomy of birth, I loved knowing that I was building a life, I loved preparing for the baby, I loved to feel it kick and move and hiccup, I loved the excitement of the last weeks, knowing that the baby could come anyday, I loved giving birth 3 times and I espacially adored my homebirth for my youngest. I'll always cherish those memories.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I guess the special treatment. Save one extremely rude and delusional person who tried to pick a fight with me in the courthouse when I was about 7 months, everyone is really nice to the pregnant girl. People move out of your way. I left work early a few times. Just people are going to want you to take care of yourself.

I liked the movements at the beginning, not so much at the end. And I loved the end and seeing my perfect girls.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, being pg is not my fave thing in the world. It's just... weird to me.

BUT the very best part of my pregnancy with DD was finding out she was a gurl and rushing over to tell DH's 95yo grandma (before we even told our parents) that she was finally getting her first (great)granddaughter. At that point, she had three grandsons and four great-grandsons. Everyone told us that 'The Fouts Curse' would get us, too, except for Grandma who insisted that it was a gurl from the minute we told her that we were expecting.

The look of pure joy on her face made all three of us start to bawl. She kept hugging us over and over again, asking if we were sure, and holding the u/s as close as possible to her cute wrinkled face trying to see what the tiny white arrow was pointing to.

She still looks at DD in that same amazing loving joyful way.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I loved when people would ask to touch my belly. I know that's weird, but I had the biggest joy when I would be out somewhere and someone would say "OMG! Can I feel?" On vacation, our waitress one night said "I'm only 3 months pregnant... can I touch your belly? I'm so excited to get there!" I let her, and she started crying because she was so happy. I loved being able to do that for her (but felt bad that she cried)!

I also loved my 3D ultrasound... it was a REALLY cool experience (especially because Zach looks JUST like those ultrasound pics!)

I loved how my hair looked. Seriously. Prenatal vitamins are the BOMB. My doctor said it was a good idea to keep taking them during breastfeeding, too, and I'm SO happy for the good hair days that result from those things.

Even when feeling the baby move was painful or irritating, I loved watching him move. And I loved my 10-year-old brother's reaction to the baby moving.

Oh, and as frustrating as bedrest was, since I HAD to be on bedrest, I may as well look at the positive and remember how all I had to do was say "Mommmmmm.... my water's empty!!!" and she would actually happily come bring me more. It was kind of nice being waited on, even though the bedrest SUCKED.

But mostly... I love the end result. Holding my son is the best thing ever.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 07-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I loved seeing DH's excitement. And how I just had to say something and it was mine. And then we started quoting this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHUOZWu7soY

I loved that Zantac worked (and picking up the cheap stuff for Meeegan) Seriously that stuff was my best friend.

I love the snuggly baby in my arms

I loved the randomness of cravings, and I loved that I actually nested this time around. Nesting was fun, if only I weren't so tired,
Old 07-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

-Movement in the 2nd & early 3rd Trimester.
-Ultrasounds
-Every appointment getting to hear the heartbeat
-Ending the pregnancy smaller than starting (if only I would have stuck with that... ) thanks to gestational diabetes (which I hated)
-Nesting (for me it was more like marathon crafting, never, ever cleaning)
Old 07-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Definitely the baby moving. At the end, their bum is right under your boobs, and it's so funny to think that your own body is actually growing a baby in there! I remember having feet down near my hip, and Benjamin kicking his foot out so far, you could see this pointy part sticking out. It hurt like heck, but it was so awesome at the same time.

One thing my kitty cat used to do was lie on my stomach and go to sleep with the baby moving around. I loved that. I also used to put my tv remote on my belly, and there were times when it would just fly right off onto the floor!

BUT..the best part? Using your belly as a place to rest your plate or bowl when you're eating on the couch
Old 07-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiemountiewife View Post
DBUT..the best part? Using your belly as a place to rest your plate or bowl when you're eating on the couch

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 07-28-2011, 07:04 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
Yeah, being pg is not my fave thing in the world. It's just... weird to me.

BUT the very best part of my pregnancy with DD was finding out she was a gurl and rushing over to tell DH's 95yo grandma (before we even told our parents) that she was finally getting her first (great)granddaughter. At that point, she had three grandsons and four great-grandsons. Everyone told us that 'The Fouts Curse' would get us, too, except for Grandma who insisted that it was a gurl from the minute we told her that we were expecting.

The look of pure joy on her face made all three of us start to bawl. She kept hugging us over and over again, asking if we were sure, and holding the u/s as close as possible to her cute wrinkled face trying to see what the tiny white arrow was pointing to.

She still looks at DD in that same amazing loving joyful way.
what a beautiful story!!
Old 07-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Kristin.....time for a pregnancy kit maybe??????

I haven't been pregnant myself yet, but I can understand that it must be wonderful to feel your baby inside.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to cardinalskate

One of the best parts of being pregnant, for me, was telling people, especially family. MAn, that was fun! But that part's over pretty quickly.

I loved all the normal stuff...feeling her move, seeing her foot stick out, hearing her heartbeat at the appointments. The anticipation I felt when I went in for the 3-d ultrasound was so exciting. Seeing my husband as excited, if not more excited, than me was amazing, and yes, it's quite a turn on to see your man excited about a baby. (Just wait until you see him WITH your child. Whew-eeee! Hot papa!) The baby showers were pretty great, too.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Feeling baby move

The Wheelchair Mommy Tweet*Tweet

William-2004, Lucas-2008 & Nathan-Summer 2011