Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2023, 12:22 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Trivial Tuesday - Dec 5 - How long?

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning from wake up to walking out the door?

It takes me about 1/2 hour, plus breakfast,from showering to hair and getting dressed. I'm not a girlie girl, so I don't do much else - maybe some mascara, but that's about it.

Old 12-05-2023, 01:51 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I need at least an hour and a half. I’m not primping during that time, though diffusing my hair takes about half an hour on wash days, but I need time to sit and drink my coffee and think my thoughts. It’s a critical part of my morning routine! I also like to have time to water my plants and not be rushed.
Old 12-05-2023, 11:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do not work outside of the home so when I get up in the morning its when ever I wake (usually by 9) and then I drink my two cups of coffee while watching the news and then playing around on my phone probably an hour, hour and a half. If I have to go somewhere I just go though, I do not do makeup so I can be out the door quickly if need be.
Old 12-05-2023, 11:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

On my work days- Tues/Wed/Thurs- I literally get up & leave. Alarm goes off at 6:15 and pulling out of the garage at 6:25am & get to work at 6:45am. I tend to prep everything as well as shower the night before- so all I do in the am is just brush my teeth, throw my hair up, put on moisturizer, mascara and get dressed. I grab my lunch from the fridge on my way out. I make coffee when I get to work and we change into scrubs, so I don't have to put much thought into hair/makeup/clothes.

On my off days- during the school year I carpool my son and some neighbor boys- so usually I'm also just up & straight to the car in my pjs. When I have an appointment or something- I'm still pretty fast. Even full hair/makeup I can accomplish in less than an hour.
Old 12-06-2023, 01:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When I was working I would get everything ready the night before, including showering. I was like Amie - give me 15 minutes from the alarm going off to being out the door. Now that I'm retired I've slowed down a lot...like to a snail's pace. I wake up, sit on my bed, look at my phone, slowly get dressed, make the bed, uncover the bird cage, go make coffee...that could take up to an hour, lol. I love not being rushed.

Old 12-06-2023, 01:45 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

If I had the luxury of just getting myself ready and out the door, about an hour including a morning shower. In reality my alarm goes off at 6:05, I'm at my kids' doors by 6:15, I'm busy getting them ready and off until 7:30 (including walking my son to the bus in the yoga pants I sleep in), and then I get my hour (if I'm lucky!) and leave for work by 8:30.

Last edited by rach3975; 12-06-2023 at 01:47 AM.
Old 12-06-2023, 08:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm pretty quick and get most things ready at night. I just cannot shower at night, I've tried before and can't do it. lol
But I even with that I shower and get dressed grab my lunch that's about 35mins...then there's the dog. I don't have a uniform per say, but I hate picking out clothes in the morning and I am not a girlie girl, so I've created one for my job. I have 5-6 pairs of black dress/business casual slacks and 6-7 tops that I like for work and I wear those every week. With the same black sneakers since I like comfort lol. in the office.

I do have to let the dog out and give her food, so my 35 mins goes to 45 with that so I'm out of the house in 45 mins.

Old 12-06-2023, 08:37 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

somewhere between 30 min/1 hour it truly depends
Old 12-06-2023, 03:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am a Homeschooling SAHM, so I don't really have anywhere to go except to Church on Sunday or running errands on Sat. That said, I am a shower the day/night before, brush hair, some makeup and go type person. So I usually give us an hour to eat, and get ready. The girls do tend to take longer, so we usually do about 1.5 hours when all 4 are here! But part of that is only having one bathroom also. The girls all shower the night/day before, but my husband is a day of. So with everyone trying to get in there, it can take us more time!
Old 12-06-2023, 08:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I can be ready & out the door in 15 minutes. I don't wear makeup unless it's something special, so wash my face, brush my teeth, get dressed...ready!
Old 12-06-2023, 11:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I cannot shower the night before, my hair is short and if I did it would still be standing straight up like Einstein if I did lol

Old 12-07-2023, 01:33 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I do the floor cleaning of our house daily as I wake up in the morning, so it's kind of tricky to calculate. But, roughly, taking the time to do chore and caring of the kids out, it will take me around 30-45 minutes to get ready to head out of the door from getting out of bed.
I take a short shower every morning, unless it's hair wash day, then it's just putting a quick face care stuff and body lotion, and get dressed. I don't really put make up any more, I am somewhat too lazy to do that these days...
Old 12-07-2023, 02:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am usually about 30-35 min from up and shower to dressed, if I blow dry my hair it may be a few minutes longer, if I don't wash my hair, its like 20-25 min. (I am trying - for the first time in 40 years -not to wash my hair every morning...trying) I only wear mascara and occasionally eye liner, yoga pants or jeggings, so I'm super comfy..... and then I usually walk 1-1/2 to 2 miles, then come back home and get my tea or coffee and water all ready before the day care kiddos come in.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 12-08-2023, 02:36 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I wake up at 5:40 and I leave for work at 6:25. That feels like a long time but gives me time to move slow. lol
Old 12-08-2023, 03:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

About 5 minutes... lol. I always shower at night... I have a capsule wardrobe... so I pretty much need to brush my teeth, hair, and clothe and I'm ready to go. I don't eat breakfast - maybe I need 3 more minutes to brew coffee. My husband takes like an hour... lol.
Old 12-10-2023, 11:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

During the week I get up about 645 and am out the door by 720 ish...I do a full face of make up...I can be pretty quick though. I do my showering and hair washing at night. I wash my hair twice a week and put it up to dry then finish it in the morning. I have naturally curly hair so I never put heat to it...just let it air dry. Sunday's I take about an hour with breakfast and picking out clothes/jewelry etc. (I sing on our praise team so I am on stage and try to look presentable). I can be pretty quick but I always have make up on. School days I usually drop the kid and come back home to eat/do a few chores before heading out for my day unless I have an appointment first thing.