Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Digi Scrap Stash Organizing

I have 2 weeks until I am at a retreat/crop & my stash is not organized in ACDSee yet - I mainly use one stores products so would my best bet just be to organize that store only right now or try and tackle the whole lot - I have almost 70GB of supplies

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 02-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Have you done a search on "organizing" in the forum? There have been a bunch of threads in the last few months I think.

It realy depends on how you scrap. I'm a kit scrapper, so tagging is a complete waste of time me.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd say it depends what you look for the most when you're scrapping. For example, if you're always searching for alphas, you might want to go through your entire stash tagging just the alphas (just the capital and lower case A's). If there's nothing you go really crazy looking for, I'd just start at the beginning and get as far as you can.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The fastest thing, IMO, would be to tag the kit previews. That way you could see at a glance what exactly you have when you're looking for something in particular. I pretty much only tag the previews as a preview and by the designer(s) since that's really the only way that I search. It really depends on how you scrap though what would be most beneficial to you.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

What Col said. I'm a kit scrapper too, so I don't waste my time tagging. If I were someone who pulled from lots of kits and element packs, then yes, I would tag. I try to use only from one kit if I can, especially if it's CT stuff.

I do by store>by designer. If the designer moves stores, I move her folder to the new store. Easy peasy.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's more a case I don't want to sit there all weekend and do nothing because I can't find anything as this retreat all up is costing me about $400 excluding any shopping I will do while I am there which is more than one weeks benefit for me.

Scrappy Instagram

Old 02-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

A quick way to do a lot of it is to click open all the folders on the pane where they are just listed (get rid of the plus signs on all the levels. Then hit the top folder, shift and click about 20 folders down. Everything will open in the preview pane. At the top of the preview pain choose group and then file type and sort and then by file type. That should divide everything by papers, elements, templates, etc. . . Then you can ctrl click multiples to tag. I find its easiest to keep my tagging very general. I have alphas (and a couple of sub catagories), papers (solid and patterned), templates, quick pages, Elements (buttons, ribbons, clusters, fasteners, frames and other) and dates. You can do 70 gigs in a couple of hours with that method.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada Jen View Post
A quick way to do a lot of it is to click open all the folders on the pane where they are just listed (get rid of the plus signs on all the levels. Then hit the top folder, shift and click about 20 folders down. Everything will open in the preview pane. At the top of the preview pain choose group and then file type and sort and then by file type. That should divide everything by papers, elements, templates, etc. . . Then you can ctrl click multiples to tag. I find its easiest to keep my tagging very general. I have alphas (and a couple of sub catagories), papers (solid and patterned), templates, quick pages, Elements (buttons, ribbons, clusters, fasteners, frames and other) and dates. You can do 70 gigs in a couple of hours with that method.
Fantastic - thanks for that tip

Scrappy Instagram

Old 02-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jen - I'm trying that method but I am only getting folders not actual files & I have removed all the + signs in the left hand panel

Scrappy Instagram

Old 02-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

must be having a bad day - its working fine now

Scrappy Instagram

Old 02-09-2011, 01:47 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Acdsee is like that I find!
Old 02-09-2011, 02:42 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

the speed tagging method above is awesome, as well as tagging the previews as Heather said, if you scrap primarily by kit and by store...

you might also find it helpful to use the Favorites pane - any folder you visit often - like your pictures folder, for example - right click in ACDSee and select Add to Favorites.

to view the Favorites pane - go to View | Favorites and I think it should show up in a box right next to your folder directory pane. Then whichever folder you "favorited" will only be a click away...

Old 02-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't combine kits either, so tagging for me is also a waste of time. But a few weeks ago there was this tip about the previews! I made one folder of my kits previews and everytime I start a layout I scroll though those finding the right kit.

That absolutely works perfect for me!
Old 02-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Im a kit scrapper too but I use ACDSee to tag all of my previews. I put them in a preview folder, then tag them by designer, then by theme. Then I tag all of my alphas since that is my next heavily used search item.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well I have done the basic sorting and deleted a fair bit of non SSD stuff so if this is all I achieve before I go away at least I can scrap

Scrappy Instagram