Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2015, 10:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Who has gone to their class reunions?

I just got an invite for my 20th reunion. ACK! I don't know if I can do it.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My 20 year is this summer, too. I'm not going. But, probably for totally different reasons that most people choose to not go. My ex boyfriend that stalked me for a few months married a girl that I graduated with. I will never put myself in a situation that I would see him. No thanks.

That being said, I'm really not sure I'd care to go anyway. LOL!

Old 03-28-2015, 10:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I always said I never would, but there are a bunch of girls that are going to want to drag me there, so IDK. I don't know how many excuses I'll be able to come up with. Or maybe I'll go and have a blast?

UGH.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Mine was last year, and I'm glad I went. Most of my closest friends from high school were going, and we're scattered up and down the East Coast so we hadn't all been together in years. It was a lot of fun, but I was lucky since it was in the town my parents still live in over Thanksgiving weekend. I don't know if I'd have been willing to spend the money to travel for it otherwise.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My 10 year is in May. I still don't know if I'll go or not. John is very firmly in the not wanting to go camp, but he's antisocial so I don't count his opinion.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 03-29-2015, 01:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I always go to my reunions and I go to my husband's too, lol ... and I always have a blast. I kind of feel like social media takes some of the element of surprise out of it, since we pretty much know what's going on with each other without going to the reunion, but I still think they are fun.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

my ten is this summer and I've got NO interest in going. I really hated high school and follow the people I care about on Facebook or elsewhere.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:23 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I went to my 10 year reunion in 1999, very excited to go back and see the people I'd known in high school. Alas, that didn't happen because hardly anyone I had known in high school showed up! I found a few people I'd known in elementary school though and it ended up feeling more like an elementary school reunion. LOL

I don't think we even had a 20 year reunion.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I went to my 10th, 20th, and 30th and they were all fun. I graduated from a very small private school though and there were only 40 students in my graduating class, so it's a small intimate affair but still a good time. My 40th is coming up in 5 years and I plan on going then too.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

if there was a 10 year it would be this year - to be honest I couldn't afford to go unless it was super local and plus I have more in common with my university class now than my high school class

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 03-29-2015, 09:20 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

My five year was lame, I skipped the 10. I went to the 20, and it was a blast! I'm so glad I was there, even though I was super pregnant and starting to gain weight like crazy because of the early stages of preeclampsia. It was great to see everyone, even people that I was only acquaintances with in high school. It felt like I made new friends in a group of people I already knew.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We actually have a 15 year coming this summer. I'm pretty sure the 5 year was skipped (altogether, not just by me) and I didn't go to the 10 year, but I might go this year. I'm trying to be more brave and outgoing and doing things that make me uncomfortable and this definitely fits the bill. It's not that I hated high school - in fact, I had a great high school experience. It's just that, I had a small, core group of friends and I've even lost touch with most of them, so spending time with people who I only barely knew at the time, now 15 years later...freaks me out.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 03-29-2015, 09:52 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

eeek, you can do it!!! I just looked and realized, we are 20-years this year too!!! Ack, how did I get this old?! I went to my 5th reunion, but we never had another thereafter because no one could make it happen!!
Old 03-29-2015, 02:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm like a lot of you who skipped the 10th. I wanted NOTHING to do with 'those people' and that period of my life. Now I'm 37 and have moved past a lot of that. I had a lot of fun at my dh's 10th, but he hardly talked to anyone, lol!
Old 03-29-2015, 03:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My 10th was last year and it got cancelled due to lack of interest...and I had a class of 512!

I'd actually be more interested now that people are starting to settle down. We are of the Millennial generation, so many people are still living at home with their parents, and going back to the same old drama doesn't interest me. Hearing where people have gone and what they have done would be pretty fun though. They would have to plan it at a time that was convenient for a lot of us to travel across the country though.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

I skipped my 10th...didn't care to see most of the people, it was overpriced, and I was hanging with mom that weekend in a room at MDAnderson while she had her chemo.

20th...didn't go. It was set for the weekend of Rachel's 5th birthday, and we were taking her to the beach for a fall vacation. Funny enough, the owners of the beachhouse that we stayed at were parents of a girl I went to HS with...she did go to the reunion. I saw some pics on FB...none of my good HS friends were there. And from what I heard about both reunions, there was still a lot of the "cliqueish" stuff going on. No thanks, I'll pass.

We didn't have a 25th...that should have been last fall. So I guess we'll see about the 30th in another four-and-a-half years.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ok, this is super funny. I told my dh that I would probably go if enough people twisted my arm, but I don't plan on voluntarily going. He was rather sarcastic and said, "Who do you even talk to besides Meg?" I just stared at him and said

"Umm.. your sister."

lol!

And then, "Jodee ( one of my BEST friends) ... Anna down the street... Holly across the street..."

He was a little sheepish, lol!

Last edited by Valgal; 03-30-2015 at 07:47 AM.