Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to g6scrapped
Angry So upset!

My Great Grandma turned 90 in June so I decided for Christmas I would make her a scrapbook with the pictures from her birthday party. I looked around for a place to print and made sure that it would get her by Christmas. Since the holidays is a rough time on my pocket book I went with a company that was a cheaper instead of the one I normally use. Big mistake!

I ordered Dec. 10 with an email saying it would be here for Christmas, even without being told that they have on their site 8-14 days (3-5 more for scrapbook) so a total of 19 days tops. We have a late Christmas so I knew it would be here. Umm I still don't have it!

I have contacted them several times and only heard back once saying it was shipped the 25th of Dec. Yes, it took 15 days to even ship it! What a waste of money, it so isn't worth saving a couple $$ .. I'll be going back to my other place.

Sorry.. Had to vent! I'm so, so mad!

Old 01-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That stinks Tricia - I would be upset too! I hope it arrives soon By the way, what is the name so I don't use them! LOL
Old 01-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh wow I would be really mad as well.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

It was Artscow. I heard from another digiscrapper that had order from them before too. She got just prints, not a book and it took 2 months for her to get them!

Old 01-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

That is awful Tricia!! I am so sorry that your grandma didn't get it by Christmas. And how could they ship it on 12/25 when most places are closed?
Old 01-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Artscow is based out of Hong Kong. The trade off for very slow shipping and not the best response to emails is the amazingly cheap prices. I order all my stuff through them (cept I put off the calenders this year so long I had to use Vistaprint because of the slowness of Artscow, I regret it, the calenders are so cheaply printed). I have loved everything I printed with them and noticed yesterday when ordering more stuff I spent $650 with them since I started, so its been a lot. But they are very, very slow and sometimes things can get stuck in customs for even longer. Sorry, you didn't get it in time.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I wondered if it was ArtsCow that you went through... you definably have to give them large lead times. My mother-in-law asked me to make her a book of her trip to Russia (where she is from) and I sent it through ArtsCow because she wouldn't pay the price of the place I typically go through... and had the final product sent to her. I was nervous because I didn't hear anything and finally asked like 3 months later and it had just arrived that week!
Old 01-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I assumed Artscow, too. I ordered something in October for Christmas, and it got here AFTER Christmas. I like the cheap prices, though, so I've stuck with them...

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 01-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I LOATHE ARTSCOW.

seriously.

I cried when I got my calendars last year, the quality was HORRIBLE. I've heard others report quality issues, which suggests that, at a minimum, their quality is inconsistent.

SO sorry this happened to you!

I've used scrapbookpictures.com and persnickety prints and LOVED them. If that helps

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

What infuriates me the most is that they have an estimated time and it says for US shipments.. but they aren't even coming relatively close to that time. That is false advertising. I have always ordered from Shutterfly and get it super fast.