Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-12-2013, 05:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Thumbs up Share:Mother's Day Gift

I am so happy my hubby listened & got me my Ninja.

I literally smooched all over his face & this thing is amazing....I used it within 20mins of having it
I love that my family knows me well bc I also got a new scarf, sunglasses, purse & neclace w/earrings. ♡♥♡

Old 05-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's wonderful that your family knows you so well.

Let us know what you make. My ninja is not as fancy as that one but I LOVE it! I use the little container for chopping onions. I also use it sometimes for making dips.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

YAY, have fun!!
Old 05-12-2013, 06:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap2day View Post
That's wonderful that your family knows you so well.

Let us know what you make. My ninja is not as fancy as that one but I LOVE it! I use the little container for chopping onions. I also use it sometimes for making dips.
jaja well I made a unsweetened almond milk, spinach, banana, blueberry, strawberry w/almonds smoothie. It shredded everything much better than my regular blender.

Laura, I am

Old 05-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got mine a couple days early but I made the switch from Android to apple and got my first ever iPhone 4s .... if you have been inundated with game requests from me *cough cough Laura Wilson* then you know why now lol

Also eldest gave me a great back massage and helped fixed my back so yay me!

Other than that we are just chilling having a relaxing day, watching movies and Im scrapping
Old 05-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Yay! Good for you!

My son gave me a pocket for the wall that they made on their art field trip, a handmade card, and a big candle. A group of friends and I do a Mother's Day exchange every year. I got a set of knives and some kabob holders.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Awesome! I love my Ninja.

We didn't do Mother's Day gifts... well, nothing purchased. DD made me a card and some neat little fabric covered collages. Our anniversary was last week and DH's birthday is tomorrow and we are *thisclose* to paying off the last of our debt so no gift purchases for us this year but I had a great day relaxing with my family.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My teenagers got up and got ready at 6:00 a.m. (gasp!!!) for me ... I wanted to go to the Swap & Shop at the drive-in ... I hadn't been to one since I was a teenager and went with my dad. I went with my 2 teenagers, a friend, and my boyfriend. We walked around ... one kid picked up a few game boy games ... boyfriend picked up something like a 55 gallon rain barrel and I bought a Marvin the Martian motorcycle type of helmet for $5 to use when we race our power wheels cars. It was fun ... hadn't been to one in so long. Now I'm craving going to the drive-in for a movie. ;-) Oldest son took me to Margaritas for dinner just the two of us. My youngest gave me a card which really surprised me ... and loved the sentiment inside.

Guess it's time to go retire into my room and read the 3 chapters I need to have read for college Networking class tomorrow ... but it was a nice and relaxing day...and gorgeous outside!! I hope everyone else had a nice Mother's Day.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got a waffle maker with removable plates that go in the dishwasher and the Avatar blueray, both things that I asked for. The kids did great this year! Then it was dinner at a friends who grilled out for us. Nice relaxing day!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

my DD and my DS made me cute little gifts from school. DH got me a dozen beautiful tulips, and my oldest DD got me an adorable pair of earrings from Old Navy...and I kind of treated myself to 2 adorable dresses from Kohl's yesterday

\\\and I did manage a half way decent picture of me and the kids and the dogs LOL

Last edited by nun69; 05-13-2013 at 12:43 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got up early & drove to see my Momma at my grandpas (she takes care of him), it's an hour drive over. Had breakfast with them, took my Granny flowers at the cemetery, drove the super long, dirt back roads (took over 2 hours) to pick up the kids from their dad, they made cards and lunch for me, brought them home and spent the afternoon outside, mowing the lawn (which was more like a pasture) and doing 'chores'.

I'm so so sleepy.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No cards, presents or chocolates. Just lots of fun doing the weekend activities we usually do. And we had lunch with my mom and dad. I am not really into the cards or presents. I would not turn down chocolate, but I really don't need the calories anyway. Just happy we are finally getting some nice weather.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This was my gift this year....I'm in love!

Old 05-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've heard that those Ninjas are good - I want one now! (Might motivate me to make healthier food if I have a new toy to make it with LOL)

I got some cute hand-made things from my kiddos, my little boy picked me a gift himself when they had a little Mother's Day Stall at his school.

My hubby got me the Flume CD that I had mentioned ages ago, and a cooked breakfast... And I got to have an undisturbed crafty day - I was happy!!

Old 05-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got a Kindle Paperwhite! I was surprised I got it because we normally don't do gifts. I love it!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My kids made me cards at school that I loved and my big present was my kids and I doing the Color Me Rad on Saturday.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

About an hour after he got up yesterday, hubby said, "Well, Happy Mother's Day." That was it.

Rachel didn't even say that much (think she forgot)...and this was the first time she hadn't made something at school or church, so I didn't even get a homemade card. Nada. Zip. Zilch.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

awww Stacy, sometimes I think it's so over commercialized. I don't like the holiday b/c it just reminds me as a mother that I'm missing one of my children...
I wouldn't even celebrate it but my kids feel the need to do something for me so I don't ever want to make them feel bad and go with the flow

I opted for no eating out b/c of my new diet and b/c it was Sunday and I knew the restaurants would be so packed for seats

Angie, great shot of all of you and my son made a heart out of his hands

Carrie, wow enjoy

Zoe, those are so cute. My kids made cards for me I think they are so sweet and made with LOVE!! Breakfast is always the sweetest things but I was up b4 them and headed for the gym, lol.

So glad to hear all of you enjoyed your Mother's Day TFS