Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-16-2019, 01:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Making Decisions

Do you struggle with making decisions? Or are you one of those who can make a choice, be confident in it and just charge forward with your plan?

I'm one of those that struggle a bit with making the right choice. I have to think about it for awhile and then even when I make the choice I feel a bit apprehensive. But....what I've learned is that I need to follow my gut, listen to myself, how I feel, think about what I want.

I made a big scrappy decision this week and am leaving the store I was with for yrs. It hasn't been announced yet and I'm giving them time to find my replacement for duties but....it was such a good decision b/c I feel like a weight has been lifted off me. I loved them all and I think I stayed b/c of that for a long time, not b/c it was the right fit for me.

But, I listened to my heart, to myself, and realized that I am so much happier and excited to be amongst designers that really fit my style, they make my heart happy when I see the new releases and the members here have welcomed me with open arms and I feel like I'm home. Life's too short, I think you need to find your (scrappy) joy, right?

So, that's my story right now.

What about you? Made any big decisions, are you indecisive or know exactly what you want and how to get it without any doubts?
Old 05-16-2019, 01:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh gosh, it's funny you asked this because at this exact moment I'm stressing over choosing a new dentist and an orthodontist for my daughters. It's such a huge decision to me that I've been paralyzed for months -- reading and re-reading suggestions and reviews on Yelp, Nextdoor, social media, etc etc. I can't decide so I put it off until another day and then another day comes around and I repeat the process. Ugh... this is one of the worst parts of being a military family. Thankfully I had the girls taken care of right before our move but it's time again for cleanings and to start braces so I have to just decide.

Clearly, I'm the kind of person who is not satisfied with her decision until she's thought out every last alternative, possibility, 2nd order effect, etc and even then I second guess myself! It's mentally so fatiguing. Blah.

But anyway, enough about that. I'm so glad that you've made a decision that you are happy with and that you listened to your heart! There really are only so many hours in the day and you need to use them doing what makes you happy and satisfied! (as we can that is... that toilet isn't going to clean itself right?! )
Old 05-16-2019, 02:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 View Post
Oh gosh, it's funny you asked this because at this exact moment I'm stressing over choosing a new dentist and an orthodontist for my daughters. It's such a huge decision to me that I've been paralyzed for months -- reading and re-reading suggestions and reviews on Yelp, Nextdoor, social media, etc etc. I can't decide so I put it off until another day and then another day comes around and I repeat the process. Ugh... this is one of the worst parts of being a military family. Thankfully I had the girls taken care of right before our move but it's time again for cleanings and to start braces so I have to just decide.

Clearly, I'm the kind of person who is not satisfied with her decision until she's thought out every last alternative, possibility, 2nd order effect, etc and even then I second guess myself! It's mentally so fatiguing. Blah.

But anyway, enough about that. I'm so glad that you've made a decision that you are happy with and that you listened to your heart! There really are only so many hours in the day and you need to use them doing what makes you happy and satisfied! (as we can that is... that toilet isn't going to clean itself right?! )
I can totally understand about the dilemma of getting a new dentist. I get stressed finding a new dentist, doctor or hairdresser. Luckily I've been with all 3 for quite awhile and don't plan on switching anytime soon.

Hope you find a good dentist soon.

Ummm....toilet cleaning???? Wouldn't that be awesome if there was a self-cleaning one LOL. I hate bathroom duty.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

On another note, I've been where you are right now too. Once upon a time I CT'd for another digiscrap store (now closed) and as friendly and supportive as they were to me-- designers, owner, other staff, everyone--- it just didn't line up with my long term goals. I felt so guilty but I ended up leaving the store so I could focus on my personal goals - the biggest one of which was getting a SugarBabe spot. I felt guilty but continually reminded myself that it wasn't selfish to work for something I really wanted and that someone else would really love the spot I left behind and as a result would likely be a better fit for the store. As you can see, my plan worked out and I'm very glad I followed my own heart! And as a side note, I'm glad you're here too Rae! You make the forum a more chatty and a more deeply connected place with your questions and conversation! <3
Old 05-16-2019, 02:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
On another note, I've been where you are right now too. Once upon a time I CT'd for another digiscrap store (now closed) and as friendly and supportive as they were to me-- designers, owner, other staff, everyone--- it just didn't line up with my long term goals. I felt so guilty but I ended up leaving the store so I could focus on my personal goals - the biggest one of which was getting a SugarBabe spot. I felt guilty but continually reminded myself that it wasn't selfish to work for something I really wanted and that someone else would really love the spot I left behind and as a result would likely be a better fit for the store. As you can see, my plan worked out and I'm very glad I followed my own heart! And as a side note, I'm glad you're here too Rae! You make the forum a more chatty and a more deeply connected place with your questions and conversation! <3
Thx Cassie. That's exactly how I feel. Whether I ever get to be a SugarBabe or not someday in the future, the important thing is to do what gives me "joy" and that's being here amongst all of you and hanging out and scrapping....and asking all my nosy questions every week LOL.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Thx Cassie. That's exactly how I feel. Whether I ever get to be a SugarBabe or not someday in the future, the important thing is to do what gives me "joy" and that's being here amongst all of you and hanging out and scrapping....and asking all my nosy questions every week LOL.
Haha they're fun questions! I often wonder as I read them, how you come up with all those questions?! I think my brain is stuck in kid-mode right now.... did they take their vitamins, did I sign their agendas, what's for dinner, remember it's dance practice tonight, yada yada... and it doesn't go much deeper than that on it's own lately. Hahaha
Old 05-16-2019, 03:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Haha they're fun questions! I often wonder as I read them, how you come up with all those questions?! I think my brain is stuck in kid-mode right now.... did they take their vitamins, did I sign their agendas, what's for dinner, remember it's dance practice tonight, yada yada... and it doesn't go much deeper than that on it's own lately. Hahaha
This must be one of my super powers LOL. Random questions just pop into my head
Old 05-16-2019, 04:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am very decisive. I'm constantly (over)thinking and (over)analyzing so when it comes to making a decision, chances are I've already thought through all the outcomes and trade-offs. My brain doesn't know how to relax or shut down.

All of that happens internally, though, and I don't generally announce (when that has to happen) my decisions until I'm at the end of that processing so it often seems from the outside like it's a snap judgment or an impulsive choice.

Things that don't need to be processed -- birthday gifts, groceries for the week, etc. -- because they don't have much long-lasting effect are my jam.

I have yet to do something impulsive in my entire life.

I'm currently at the very beginning of executing on a decision that I've been thinking about (literally) for years. I'm waiting on one more thing to fall into place before I start the dominoes.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I take forever to make decisions, and go over every single detail. Then, I second guess!

I have been where you are with stores, too, Rae. I was on a store CT where I enjoyed the people, but the designers changed quite a bit and there just weren't products that I enjoyed creating with. I left several years ago, came to SSD and have been very happy with my decision.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I am very decisive. I'm constantly (over)thinking and (over)analyzing so when it comes to making a decision, chances are I've already thought through all the outcomes and trade-offs. My brain doesn't know how to relax or shut down.

All of that happens internally, though, and I don't generally announce (when that has to happen) my decisions until I'm at the end of that processing so it often seems from the outside like it's a snap judgment or an impulsive choice.

Things that don't need to be processed -- birthday gifts, groceries for the week, etc. -- because they don't have much long-lasting effect are my jam.

I have yet to do something impulsive in my entire life.

I'm currently at the very beginning of executing on a decision that I've been thinking about (literally) for years. I'm waiting on one more thing to fall into place before I start the dominoes.
Good luck on the next change you're making. Hope that one more thing falls into place for you.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I take forever to make decisions, and go over every single detail. Then, I second guess!

I have been where you are with stores, too, Rae. I was on a store CT where I enjoyed the people, but the designers changed quite a bit and there just weren't products that I enjoyed creating with. I left several years ago, came to SSD and have been very happy with my decision.
Sounds like a common story I guess we can't help it....it's so awesome here
Old 05-16-2019, 04:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Sounds like a common story I guess we can't help it....it's so awesome here
It definitely is!
Old 05-16-2019, 06:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My friends' call me the "point" to our triangle. I'm that "let's just make a decision already" person for us. lol

Old 05-16-2019, 06:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Do you struggle with making decisions? Or are you one of those who can make a choice, be confident in it and just charge forward with your plan?

I'm one of those that struggle a bit with making the right choice. I have to think about it for awhile and then even when I make the choice I feel a bit apprehensive. But....what I've learned is that I need to follow my gut, listen to myself, how I feel, think about what I want.

I made a big scrappy decision this week and am leaving the store I was with for yrs. It hasn't been announced yet and I'm giving them time to find my replacement for duties but....it was such a good decision b/c I feel like a weight has been lifted off me. I loved them all and I think I stayed b/c of that for a long time, not b/c it was the right fit for me.

But, I listened to my heart, to myself, and realized that I am so much happier and excited to be amongst designers that really fit my style, they make my heart happy when I see the new releases and the members here have welcomed me with open arms and I feel like I'm home. Life's too short, I think you need to find your (scrappy) joy, right?

So, that's my story right now.

What about you? Made any big decisions, are you indecisive or know exactly what you want and how to get it without any doubts?
That's a tough decision to make for sure. But, we are SO, SO happy that you are here!

Old 05-16-2019, 06:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
My friends' call me the "point" to our triangle. I'm that "let's just make a decision already" person for us. lol
When I lived in CA, my friend Carol & I would go to Disneyland together often. We could have used someone like you along with us because neither of us could make decisions!! LOL!!
Old 05-16-2019, 06:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thx Carrie....and maybe some of your "make a decision already" attitude will rub off on me
Old 05-16-2019, 07:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm a very indecisive person. I always go back and forth on making decisions and trying to think of all the possible outcomes.

We're so happy to have you here Rae! I've really enjoyed seeing your pages in the gallery and participating in our challenges and seeing your questions in forum.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:26 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I am so glad that you made a decision that made your heart happy, Rae! We are so happy to have you hear! Love your awesome layouts and the questions you post every Friday!

I am 50:50 in this. There are some decisions that I'd ponder for awhile or even discuss with DH. There are some, which I am just dead straight with it and won't bulge, no matter what.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I was a decisive person when I was young, maybe it's because I am the eldest in my family and they were expecting me to act like the third parent. But now I am grateful to have my husband to think with me. When I'm over thinking something, he will tell me that he's pretty sure that I have already made a decision but was just over thinking it. But most of the time I let him decide because he's brilliant and I am really thankful that I have him. I am in awe of him. The burden of making decisions have been split into 80-20.

There was also this one time when I don't know whether to part way with one designer I CT for, because my ocd hurts everytime. I felt sad because I thought about it for a long time before I said my goodbye. But when I did, I felt happy, the over thinking went away and I'm good...
Old 05-17-2019, 10:47 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

If you asked my husband, he would say I can't make a decision to save my life! haha Like over things that really don't matter - like I really don't care where we go out to dinner... so I might seem like I'm indecisive, but at the end, I really don't care and have no opinion one way or another. Where to go on our next vacation? Should we get new flooring? Should we switch our lawn guy? I do not care.

Where I am really indecisive is over things that cost $$$ and affects other people... like homeschooling curriculum. Man, I have such a hard time deciding what direction to go - nothing is "complete"... what gaps is it missing? Is this going to help or harm Jake? What is the resale value if it doesn't work? Can I find this cheaper somewhere else? I'm currently stalled on geography curriculum - I have been making this decision for the last 4 years!!! Jake just finished 6th grade... he can draw the world by hand and knows most of the countries in the world. I know whatever I pick is fine - between the four curriculum (which I all own), I can not make a decision.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What an interesting thread and I appreciate all the love you guys send my way. Just fortifies my decision to make this my home. SSD gals are the best!
Old 05-17-2019, 11:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I was SO decisive when I was younger; my personal motto was "I don't care what people think," so it didn't matter to me if anyone else liked or didn't like my decision. Now, however, I'm a much nicer and more considerate person...but I can't make a decision to save my life. I have to think of all the variables and how the possible outcomes will effect everyone involved.

Plus I worry about regretting my decision; regret is my greatest fear. I recently cut off four inches of my hair, and every time I look in the mirror, I feel sick about it. So even though I WANT to be adventurous, my hair reminds me that it's not worth the risk!