Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-29-2021, 03:55 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default 2021 Project Life-ready to print??

Last year, for the first time ever, I was ready to order my PL book as soon as the first sale of the year was announced. This year…..well, hoping for a late spring sale!
I’ve only got 18 weeks completely done.
17 more have photos & journaling in & are waiting for the papers & embellishments.
5 have photos but need journaling & then the papers etc.
12 haven’t been started at all

I wish I would have stayed caught up, but I’m happy with what I have & have actually made a good bit of progress since Christmas.

How’s your project coming along? Have you done a better job than I have staying current this year?? If you’re in the same boat as me, what’s your plan of attack?
Old 12-29-2021, 07:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That is STILL a huge accomplishment! You should feel proud of yourself.

I am caught up except for kitting out a spread from the last week of October--photos and journaling have been done for weeks, but I haven't been in the mood for fall kits in a while, lol. I print all my pages together, the project life + regular pages in (don't judge me, hahaha) 4 volumes each year. And I work on the volume from the previous year, so I'm working to finish 2020 vol. 4 right now. I also scrap the current year, especially for Babe/ CT pages, but I don't feel any pressure to finish it until the next year. I also tend to "hoard" photos for Babe pages, so I won't want to scrap all of this Christmas right now, because I know next November I'm going to need those photos to show off some new kits and goodies. Am I the only one who does this?

I know you'll be able to whip out those remaining pages in no time! And I'm sure Shutterfly or whomever you use will be having regular sales.

Old 12-29-2021, 09:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

WTG on what you have done so far!!
I am going to have to look back bc I don't think I have any pages for 2021 OR 2020 done! I guess I know what my New Year's project(s) will be- lol!
Old 12-29-2021, 10:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm impressed with what you have done so far! I didn't even decide how I was going to scrap 2021 until Cindy released her Universal Album on Black Friday last month. I've got January & February done, and March-June have pictures in the templates but no journaling or kit.

On a positive note, however, my 2019 album only lacks ONE PAGE (though I can't remember where I saved it and may have to start over on it, lol), so the next time Shutterfly has free pages, I'll be ready!
Old 12-29-2021, 11:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's a great accomplishment so far! Keep at it!
I'm about a year behind. Now, I'm playing, "let's go back and scrap the pages that I didn't feel like doing, or I was waiting for CT stuff." Now's the time to get it done so I can print in January or February. I love having 2019 printed. Not sure how I'll feel about 2020. LOL
Old 12-30-2021, 02:40 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
I print all my pages together, the project life + regular pages in (don't judge me, hahaha) 4 volumes each year. And I work on the volume from the previous year, so I'm working to finish 2020 vol. 4 right now. I also scrap the current year, especially for Babe/ CT pages, but I don't feel any pressure to finish it until the next year. I also tend to "hoard" photos for Babe pages, so I won't want to scrap all of this Christmas right now, because I know next November I'm going to need those photos to show off some new kits and goodies. Am I the only one who does this?
No judgment here! I think that's a great idea that would never work for me because I don't scrap chronologically & would never have a year "done" to get a book printed But I love it for you, lol.

And makes so much sense to work on this year next year with fresh kits & goodies!
Old 12-30-2021, 02:44 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
WTG on what you have done so far!!
I am going to have to look back bc I don't think I have any pages for 2021 OR 2020 done! I guess I know what my New Year's project(s) will be- lol!
But I'm guessing you've kept up with your daily journaling emails? My favorite books/pages are the years/weeks in which I took your advice to at least keep up with the journaling! I love reading back and knowing the feelings, conversations, etc. instead of just kind of a description of the pictures.
Old 12-30-2021, 02:49 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I'm impressed with what you have done so far! I didn't even decide how I was going to scrap 2021 until Cindy released her Universal Album on Black Friday last month. I've got January & February done, and March-June have pictures in the templates but no journaling or kit.

On a positive note, however, my 2019 album only lacks ONE PAGE (though I can't remember where I saved it and may have to start over on it, lol), so the next time Shutterfly has free pages, I'll be ready!
Well, you've gotten a wonderful start for not even starting until Black Friday!! I looked up that template & I'm looking forward to seeing your pages-- do you print your regular pages in with your PL pages like Ally?

Oh man...good luck finding that 2019 page!

Last edited by knittingbec; 12-30-2021 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-30-2021, 02:54 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
That's a great accomplishment so far! Keep at it!
I'm about a year behind. Now, I'm playing, "let's go back and scrap the pages that I didn't feel like doing, or I was waiting for CT stuff." Now's the time to get it done so I can print in January or February. I love having 2019 printed. Not sure how I'll feel about 2020. LOL
It would be awesome for you to have it done to print in the next couple of months, even if the content is...well...2020.
Old 12-30-2021, 10:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
But I'm guessing you've kept up with your daily journaling emails? My favorite books/pages are the years/weeks in which I took your advice to at least keep up with the journaling! I love reading back and knowing the feelings, conversations, etc. instead of just kind of a description of the pictures.
yep, every day
Old 12-30-2021, 04:35 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
What are these journaling emails of which you speak? Something you do on your own or an email list you belong to?

Old 12-30-2021, 04:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jo View Post
What are these journaling emails of which you speak? Something you do on your own or an email list you belong to?
I send myself an email daily recapping the day, jotting down a memory, etc. I copy + paste these emails into my PL weekly pages.
Old 12-30-2021, 05:08 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I send myself an email daily recapping the day, jotting down a memory, etc. I copy + paste these emails into my PL weekly pages.
That is an awesome idea!

Old 12-31-2021, 08:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm still plugging along on my project, but I don't even try to stay current. Like Krista, I do all my journaling notes as things happen and then go back to them whenever I finally get around to those pages. I do them in a diary-type app and them import a text version to Word to store with my photos.

As for the scrapping, I work on a 6-month period at a time and finish it 100% (Project Life and all other pages) before I move on. I've been about 18 months behind for years; I thought 2021 would finally be the year I got to only 12 months behind, but then I decided to go back to school and ended up back around 18-months behind. I'm on May 2020 right now, and I'm hoping to finish the first half of 2020 by late January. I have 2016-2019 completely done and printed and 2013-2016 mostly done and printed.

Last edited by rach3975; 12-31-2021 at 08:18 PM.
Old 01-01-2022, 09:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I'm still plugging along on my project, but I don't even try to stay current. Like Krista, I do all my journaling notes as things happen and then go back to them whenever I finally get around to those pages. I do them in a diary-type app and them import a text version to Word to store with my photos.

As for the scrapping, I work on a 6-month period at a time and finish it 100% (Project Life and all other pages) before I move on. I've been about 18 months behind for years; I thought 2021 would finally be the year I got to only 12 months behind, but then I decided to go back to school and ended up back around 18-months behind. I'm on May 2020 right now, and I'm hoping to finish the first half of 2020 by late January. I have 2016-2019 completely done and printed and 2013-2016 mostly done and printed.
I love your 6 month chunk! I might have to adopt that idea.
Old 01-03-2022, 04:35 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

As for the scrapping, I work on a 6-month period at a time and finish it 100% (Project Life and all other pages) before I move on.
I like it so much better when I have the daily notes, but fell out of the habit. Need to make sure I stick to it this year!

That 6 month scrapping sounds like a great system!!
Old 01-03-2022, 04:39 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

UPDATE! I have just 5 pages left to get photos & journaling in, and then lots of 'kitting out' to do!
Old 01-03-2022, 08:08 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

WOW!!!! You did an amazing job!

I never seem to get past January or February... and because of that, I didn't even attempt project life for 2021...

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 01-03-2022, 09:01 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
UPDATE! I have just 5 pages left to get photos & journaling in, and then lots of 'kitting out' to do!
WTG! I just finished my DD 2021 so next is 2020 PL!!
Old 01-03-2022, 10:10 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

That is an awesome idea!!! I wasn't scrapping this time last year (took a LONG personal break from it) and then when I came back to it I was VERY behind - so what do you pick and choose to do?) I love your idea of breaking it up into 6-month chunks.

Quote:
Congratulations!!! That is a serious accomplishment!

Quote:
WTG! I just finished my DD 2021 so next is 2020 PL!!
That is wonderful!!!!

From all the tips in this thread, I've started a word doc and I'm going to journal in it every day - at least something. I already find that when I do that I'm thinking - "I sure wish I had taken a picture to document that." So I'm hoping that will help me to remember to take out my phone and snap a picture of this and that throughout my day and put me in a different mindset. Be more aware, I guess that is what I'm trying to say.

I already store my photos by year/month, so I think I'm going to do my journaling by weeks and then save them into the same folders as my photos.

Old 01-03-2022, 11:20 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm still plugging away on my pages. I'm old-school in that I still use a paper planner, so I jot everything down in there. It helps a ton when I go back and look at my weeks, especially if it's a week I haven't taken many photos. I can flesh out the page with some journaling and such. I've got about a quarter done of 2019, started 2020, and about a quarter of 2021.

My plan is to try to finish 2021 and do 2022 concurrently to stay on top of this year as it happens. As long as I do one page of each a week then I'll eventually get caught up. Once 2021 is done I'll go back and finish 2019 and 2020.
Old 01-04-2022, 07:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is amazing! WTG!! I am still scrapping pics from 2006, so behind. I have thought about taking on a monthly approach to it or taking all the soccer pics from the year...picking a focal pic and pocket scrap the rest...Not sure but need to catch up!
Old 01-04-2022, 07:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
I'm still plugging away on my pages. I'm old-school in that I still use a paper planner, so I jot everything down in there. It helps a ton when I go back and look at my weeks, especially if it's a week I haven't taken many photos. I can flesh out the page with some journaling and such. I've got about a quarter done of 2019, started 2020, and about a quarter of 2021.

My plan is to try to finish 2021 and do 2022 concurrently to stay on top of this year as it happens. As long as I do one page of each a week then I'll eventually get caught up. Once 2021 is done I'll go back and finish 2019 and 2020.
I used to love paper planners! I just started a gratitude journal. I am starting each day with a few lines of gratitude
Old 01-04-2022, 07:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This thread has inspired me...I am jumping into PL 2018. I am half way done.
Old 01-10-2022, 01:20 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
This is similar to my plan-- work on getting kits in my 2021 pages while also staying current on 2022 pages. When 2021 is done, I'd like to work on 2017 & before (and also non-PL pages too!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
This is amazing! WTG!! I am still scrapping pics from 2006, so behind. I have thought about taking on a monthly approach to it or taking all the soccer pics from the year...picking a focal pic and pocket scrap the rest...Not sure but need to catch up!
I still have pics from years and years back to scrap, but other than PL, I don't really go chronologically, just print when I have 100 pages done.
I think that your plan for the soccer pics would work out really well!

Quote:
This thread has inspired me...I am jumping into PL 2018. I am half way done.
You're so efficient!
I've gotten the photos and/or journaling done in the 25 I didn't have done before Christmas and now need to get kits on 32 pages. I'm hoping if I buckle down and do a page or two a day, I'll get faster
Old 01-10-2022, 06:50 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I used to love paper planners! I just started a gratitude journal. I am starting each day with a few lines of gratitude
What a lovely idea! That's a great way to keep the positivity going every day.

I love paper planners too... I especially love being able to write things down and check them off. Silly, I know, but it makes me happy. I'll even write things down after the fact so I can check them off too. Of course, it's good to have the info for later, when I inevitably fall behind in my weekly pages. LOL

Last edited by Ponytails; 01-10-2022 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-26-2022, 03:25 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My update: on December 25, I had 17 weeks finished, and now, Jan 25, I have 17 left to finish! (And weeks 1&2 of 2022 are done, too!) Yay!
Old 01-26-2022, 12:09 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
My update: on December 25, I had 17 weeks finished, and now, Jan 25, I have 17 left to finish! (And weeks 1&2 of 2022 are done, too!) Yay!
Way to go! I've been working diligently on my 2021 album as well. I've completed up to Week 19, and I've also got Weeks 1 & 2 done for 2022. I'm really planning/hoping to stay on top of this year while completing the older stuff.
Old 01-31-2022, 11:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Wow, great progress!
Old 02-12-2022, 10:49 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

I just started doing yearly albums about this time last year, I think. I have finished and ordered my 2021 album (it should be here next week!!). And I've got about 1/3 done of both 2019 and 2020, since I'm working on them bit by bit. 2022 so far is up to date. I don't know why I never thought of doing this before. It's such a great way to document the daily stuff you wouldn't normally scrap about. I can't wait to get my 2021 album!