Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-11-2020, 07:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Photoshop Issues -- Nevermind

***EDITING***
It's been resolved. I reinstalled it. Came up with an error. Reinstalled it again. Turned my computer off. Turned my computer on and everything is working--minus not having anything installed of course!

I use Photoshop CS5, but hopefully you all can help me figure out what needs to be done.

Earlier this week I lost two monitors and a tv (don't ask me how, I don't know how or why). Last night, my blurry tv that I had hooked up to the computer started acting funky. I shut the computer down and went to bed. This morning we had trouble turning my computer on, but my husband got it up and running with no issues other than the tv blipping every couple of minutes an hour.

When I launched Photoshop, I realized I had a BIG problem.
EVERYTHING is gone--no styles, no actions, no colors - nothing! While loading, I got a warning saying my styles are corrupt. I'm trying to reload my .aco's and styles and they won't load via "present manager" because it's grayed out. I can't load my actions, there's no option to load them. When I try to put everything in the folders where they belong, they don't show up in the program. I have tried restarting my computer more times than I care to admit hoping they'd all show up, but they aren't there.

Did Windows do an update this week and it crash/broke Photoshop CS5?

Does anyone have any other alternate way of uploading styles, actions and colors to the program?

I ran a virus check today and I have no viruses detected or in quarantine.

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 04-12-2020 at 01:08 AM.
Old 04-11-2020, 08:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ugh, sorry to hear you're having problems Wendy. I don't have any advice - I usually palm this kind of thing off to the local computer repair guy and let him sort it out. Hope you're able to sort it out soon.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

OH no! That's awful Wendy. My CC did update a few days ago- I still have a bug with the quick buttons in the layer panel graying out- but have been chatting with a tech. Not necessarily an answer to help you- but there WAS an update... Hope you figure something out!
Old 04-11-2020, 09:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

How frustrating!! I hope you get it figure out soon. Have you tried reinstalling the program? What does google say?
Old 04-11-2020, 10:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
OH no! That's awful Wendy. My CC did update a few days ago- I still have a bug with the quick buttons in the layer panel graying out- but have been chatting with a tech. Not necessarily an answer to help you- but there WAS an update... Hope you figure something out!
Interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
How frustrating!! I hope you get it figure out soon. Have you tried reinstalling the program? What does google say?
I'm reinstalling right now, fingers crossed that fixes whatever issues there were.

google, I couldn't find anything. Everything says how to install them, but the options are grayed out

So yeah, reinstalling was my last ditch effort. I mean I already lost everything in there, so what's the harm!?
Old 04-12-2020, 01:06 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

And just like that it is fixed . . . . .

Now to wait for my new monitor to arrive on Wednesday!
Old 04-12-2020, 03:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Glad to hear the problem was fixed and YAY for your new monitor